Sign in to follow this  
Melcreif

How does PVP work in PVE?

Sorry if this question has been asked a ton. I'm new to Atlas but have played Ark forever.  I'm not a fan of the way PVE works in Ark, but hoping it's better in Atlas.   If WC has done a good job of handling PVP in PVE i'd love to hear about it.

2 hours ago, 8ball said:

Are you referring to griefing? It does happen here as well. 

No, actually I'm curious about the actual PVP aspect.  For example on Ark you can only legally do PVP if one tribe declares war and it's accepted by the other tribe.  In this case you can have PVP.  Is that how it works on Atlas PVE?

@melcreif

Ah, ok. Answer is, no. There is no PvP at all in PVE. Except griefing. 

I didn't play Ark, I came from Conan Exiles. Conan has a Conflict server. PvP during a certain window of the day but, buildings cannot be damaged.  Thralls (NPC's you break on  a wheel of pain) and animals can be killed and of course, player on player.

Edited by 8ball

I'm not able to login to Atlas at the moment, but long ago I remember seeing a "Declare War" option in the company menu's somewhere. I never got around to trying to play with it. Is it still there and has anyone tried it out? I'm assuming the two companies would have to mutually declare war, but in theory that would allow you to PvP between those two companies on PvE (assuming if that's how the implementation works).

If it works, I'm assuming companies could setup their own wargame scenario's to run or whatever .... 😛

19 hours ago, 8ball said:

@melcreif

Ah, ok. Answer is, no. There is no PvP at all in PVE. Except griefing. 

I didn't play Ark, I came from Conan Exiles. Conan has a Conflict server. PvP during a certain window of the day but, buildings cannot be damaged.  Thralls (NPC's you break on  a wheel of pain) and animals can be killed and of course, player on player.

Ok so the only pirate aspect of Atlas is fighting ghost ships?  That sounds so boring, thoughts?  What makes PVE Atlas interesting?

I think Atlas PVE is a very different game compared to PVP, and the people who play it have a different mindset. Its geared more toward people who like building, who like the monotony of grinding, who just want to explore without worrying about losing their stuff, and probably some role-play aspects. I personally have no interest in PVP as I just love to gather and build, so PVE is the perfect game mode for me. I have a Brig that can kill any SotD so I don't have to really worry about that aspect, and I'm free to sail and explore at my own pace. So far that seems to be a common thing from PVE players I've talked to.

Edited by Devlin
  • Like 2

Starting a war is actually not very piratey. Just sayin. I'm new myself, and also played alot of Ark. I've been playing PVE, but from what I've read, it sounds like they did a better job with PVP. The land owner has to set a 9 hr window when they can do PVP. You can set it to a time when you can be home to defend. Not sure exactly how it works. PVE has been fun though. More like being a sailor during the pirate Era. And there's treasure maps. That's kina piratey