Sign in to follow this  
Melcreif

New to Atlas, but an Ark veteran. What's different?

Hi everyone, long time Ark player but brand new Atlas player.  I've now got maybe 10 hours in PVP but none in PVE.  PVE in Ark is terrible IMO.  Tons of lag from huge bases, tribes pillaring everyplace, etc.

Can someone kinda lay out the differences between PVP Ark and PVP Atlas?

Also what about PVE Atlas? Is it any better than PVE Ark?

To me, i have about = hours on both games and the difference is like a Windows PC and Apple. Pretty much the same thing, but enough of a difference to annoy you.

One of the biggest differences, skill trees in ark you can mostly go alone. In atlas its a lot harder. If you want to go alone you really have to power lever, AND hammer out Discos.

Grinding, Ark had a much easier curve. Atlas is more like Korean grinders. Not only do you have lvl grind, you need to grind discovery pts to raise your levels.

Depending on who you talk to, people say tames are all the meta. Personally, i think your avatar is way more versatile then Ark's survivor. And while tames make life easier, they are not nearly as versatile as Ark.

I miss the danger of Ark..   On Ark you have to have your gaurd up at all times.. be prepared for a carnivore to come sprinting out of the jungle to wreck you.   At least in the early game. 

In Atlas.. its oh hum.. almost no danger on any land..  Ive been attacked by the random lion, tiger or snake.. but for the most part.. its been very easy going..  No threats really...  It's not as dangerous..  I get it.. its a pirate game, so they want you to play on officials, and the danger is the other pirates..   

I play solo, but on Ark I play on 8 or 10.  Atlas I even crank up the difficulty.. I never play on 1.. its always 2 or more.. to 5, or 8 or 10.  Thats my old style on Ark. I've noticed the tames cant lvl past a certain amount or dont gain levels if you tame them over 100-something.. so ive kept the difficulty at 2 usually tho.  

It'd be cool if there were random pirates walking around the islands(like Arks dinos, not nearly as many tho) and 2 or 3 sprinted down the beach when they seen you make landfall.  Imagine you just make landfall, build a campfire or start walking/running to explore, then you hear a gunshot, or a "Arrrg" and 2 random lvl pirates come running towards you from the jungle.  Your not ready and u have to run cuz your under lvled or dont have a weapon yet.   That would add that sense of threat.  I do realize some islands have tiger or lion spawns not far from shore..  I watched a yt series of a guy and he kept getting his house and animals attacked by continuous spawning lions, but would suck and I would just move, or lvl up my boars eventually like that guy did. 

I do love Atlas as I do Ark and don't get me wrong, the serenity of the beaches and making landfall is nice.. but i do miss that sense of threat  Thats my only complaint. 

33 minutes ago, XxMayhemxX said:

I do love Atlas as I do Ark and don't get me wrong, the serenity of the beaches and making landfall is nice.. but i do miss that sense of threat  Thats my only complaint. 

trust me when i say when game released it was deadly , then the players cried and the dangerous spawns were nerfed , the players cried more, then the amount of spawns were reduced ,now we have a snooze fest boring trot around with no danger at all

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

trust me when i say when game released it was deadly , then the players cried and the dangerous spawns were nerfed , the players cried more, then the amount of spawns were reduced ,now we have a snooze fest boring trot around with no danger at all

ahh ic ic..   Yeah i have alot of friends who quit Ark after buying it cuz they died on the beach and couldnt handle dieing continually ..  Get better.. learn from the attackers.. adapt.. get good