Hattrix

Can't hire any crew

I'm at Freeport and my friend and I are looking to hire 3 more crew for his galleon and I need 2 fo more my brig..... 

But when we talk to the crew hire guy and choose E  to hire, we don't get any men! Our money isn't gone, it's just that we get nothing and there's no explanation or reason that we can find. 

Private Blackwood server 

3 Mods: Market NPC, preserving bin, better lantern

Level up any crew you have. You can only have so many lvl 1 crew.

Edited by 8ball

More specifically, your entire company can only have 10 lvl 1 crew at one time.

For example if player A in your company hires 10 crew, sails home and logs for the night (they are still level 1).

Player B sails to a Freeport right now and can hire no crew.  When player A levels up the crew to lvl 2, then player B will be able to hire 10 crew.

or

Just bed over to the other boat and level up the crew for them.  Then bed back to your boat at the freeport and hire crew.

Edited by Amawyn

Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks! 

Another question...  What s hould I level the crew NPCs in?  Food!?  Attack? 

1 hour ago, Hattrix said:

Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks! 

Another question...  What s hould I level the crew NPCs in?  Food!?  Attack? 

For ship Npc's,  I prefer health, you'll want that for Kraken runs.

If you want to uses them to kill AOTD on maps, health and some in melee, I reckon. A small herd of cows will work for that as well, so I've heard. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wurger said:

The gold has to be in the last slot on your bar.

For what?

Recruiting NPCs from Aotd ships you don´t need any Gold, they are free for 24h

12 minutes ago, Zayne said:

For what?

Recruiting NPCs from Aotd ships you don´t need any Gold, they are free for 24h

After 24 hrs, do they start taking $ or do they just run away.... So I guess my question is are they always yours as long as they're paid and fed? 

29 minutes ago, Hattrix said:

After 24 hrs, do they start taking $ or do they just run away.... So I guess my question is are they always yours as long as they're paid and fed? 

As long as you pay them and feed them they are yours. But you don´t pay them by having Gold in your last hotbar spot. You build a Crew chest or Silo for that (for feeding build the thing for crew feeding, forgot the name of it)

Larder for feeding crew.  If your ship is parked back at a safe harbor that feeds your crew via the silo then I don't even bother putting a larder on my boat.  Its extra weight I don't want.  Every kg matters when it comes to PvP naval combat. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I'm on a private Blackwood server. Does the silo work on the Blackwood map? I had read somewhere that it didn't and I don't want to build it just to have it ineffective.

I agree about the weight as my brig is a little too heavy for my tastes.... I'm trying to fight SotD and since this is my first time ever doing naval combat, I need the speed and mobility.