Sign in to follow this  
Magicblue

Atlas wiki improvements

Can people please start updating the wiki? It should be the one stop shop for new players or people going solo to find info on all the little details on this game.

28 minutes ago, Magicblue said:

Can people please start updating the wiki? It should be the one stop shop for new players or people going solo to find info on all the little details on this game.

Yeah it is definitely not easy to google anything with this game.  That is usually why I just ask here. Nowhere near enough detail

4 hours ago, Magicblue said:

here's a crazy idea , why don't you add things that you find/discover as well , updating the wiki is voluntary and open for any anyone to do .... sorry for the abrasive reply but demanding others update the wiki so you don't have to go explore or find out for yourself comes off as a little lazy , go explore have fun find things out for yourself , which is kind of the point of survival exploration games 

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

here's a crazy idea , why don't you add things that you find/discover as well , updating the wiki is voluntary and open for any anyone to do .... sorry for the abrasive reply but demanding others update the wiki so you don't have to go explore or find out for yourself comes off as a little lazy , go explore have fun find things out for yourself , which is kind of the point of survival exploration games 

Yeah you are right. The pc players have been completely lazy as far as that goes so I guess it is up to Xbox players to save the wiki as well as the game. 😂 pathetic 

And yeah not sorry for the abrasive yet well deserved reply. You guys should be doing better in reality lol

Edited by Realist
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah you are right. The pc players have been completely lazy as far as that goes so I guess it is up to Xbox players to save the wiki as well as the game. 😂 pathetic 

And yeah not sorry for the abrasive yet well deserved reply. You guys should be doing better in reality lol

No, I think it’s because PC players that already know the game and don’t need a wiki in any way. Don’t be lazy and update it yourself or don’t come in here asking it at all. 

• Like 2

And at the same time its a pvp game, every advantage you may find in the game that gives you one step further isnt something many people will share right away. 

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

No, I think it’s because PC players that already know the game and don’t need a wiki in any way. Don’t be lazy and update it yourself or don’t come in here asking it at all. 

Nope. I’ll be coming here plenty. You were the one telling me that things were easily looked up which they are not. If you don’t want to add to the wiki so I can look it up I will be here asking any time I have a question lol.

almost all games have a good wiki to go off of, atlas does not. That speaks more about the playerbase than it does the game or the developers 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope. I’ll be coming here plenty. You were the one telling me that things were easily looked up which they are not. If you don’t want to add to the wiki so I can look it up I will be here asking any time I have a question lol.

almost all games have a good wiki to go off of, atlas does not. That speaks more about the playerbase than it does the game or the developers 

if its just resources that players need then i would recommend https://exploreatlas.co.uk/ regular updates , tamng calculators etc really good site, 

24 minutes ago, UDO said:

if its just resources that players need then i would recommend https://exploreatlas.co.uk/ regular updates , tamng calculators etc really good site, 

See, this is a pretty cool reply and thanks for that. I am sure he didn’t mean so he so demanding as well. But when you really look at it most games have a pretty good wiki with them. Even ark does which I used a lot when I was new to ark and want to look up the exact Dimensions of lets say the industrial forge so I didn’t misplace it and end up making a big and expensive mistake.

the wiki isn’t there for lazy people but rather people that just need to look up something they might not remember really quick. It is pretty important when it comes to things like that or other stuff as well. That is pretty much why most games have them and a lot more informative than the atlas wiki.

then people want to complain when we come on here and ask lol blows my mind

1 hour ago, Realist said:

The stuff you asked for were accurate. You can also just ask if what you think it says, is accurate. But that would be stupid aswell. Or maybe just ‘try it out’ - even when that sounds very scary.

I expect you to update the wiki from now on. 

Edited by Percieval

Helluva lot more info available now than at launch. Shoot, even GS provides a new map with EVERYTHING on it. And no, I'm not gonna provide a link, look for it. 

On 10/21/2019 at 6:09 AM, UDO said:

while i do think he could contribute to it too i dont think he was "demanding" and honestly i cannot blame him for not wanting to "Discover" the game by himself considering how boring sailing is in general, and how tedious it is to grind for ammunition to reach an island that doesnt have what you are looking for.

while i am the type of guy you describe in "go explore have fun find things out for yourself" i dont do it for fun but for self accomplishment, i had an excel with every single resource in every single island in a 5 grid radious around my base,  that said trying to force him to fit himself into a play style that might not be his cup of tea is a bit too forcefull dont you think?

to be honest i dont think thats the point of survival exploration games, the point is to survive (how would have tought) and each person decides on his way to survive and about exploration, well after about 700 hrs in the game an 500 of those hrs sank into exploring i cant reprehend him for not wanting to explore, actually i would discourage him from exploration (unless he personally likes the concept of exploratioon) given that exploration in this game is.... well...shit.

and no i am not a hater/troll/frustrated player, thats simply my conclusion after 500 hrs of it and i  have many arguments to back that up but if i deviate from the main post topic i will get warned from "tread hijacking" again so...

Edited by The D Legacy

On 10/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, UDO said:

Heres a few crazy ideas, first of all i said "players" not specifying console or pc. Second why in gods name are pc atlas players so f***king toxic. These tryhards need to go back to ark plz and ty. And third i update the wiki when i can. not all atlas players have the same amount of no life that pc players have so finding stuff for ourselves takes a lot of time on top of Xbox players having to recover from wipes on almost a daily basis. I dont understand why pc players actively hunt Xbox players.