Southernfried31

Missing map on unofficial dedicated server

Hello all, hope someone can help with a missing map issue. I have a unofficial dedicated server cluster by Nitrado. I used the island map editor to create custom layouts of islands. I can log onto the servers and all seems to be fine except for the maps that are darkened out.

I have properly exported the map and cell images to the server multiple ways I have seen in other (PC ) post, but none have worked. So if anyone has any input on this situation you help is greatly appreciated. Without the functioning map all beds, spawnpoints, and treasure maps are useless.

Thanks in advance,

I am also having this issue. I'm playing on Xbox and Im running a custom map using nitrado for my unofficial dedicated server. I have tested the server with my PC, as I own the game for it too, and the maps work just fine but not on Xbox. This makes it unplayable due to there being no way to select any bed to respawn. It will also crash my game when looking at the map under the Atlas tab.

I also have my game crash when looking at the map via Atlas menu. Especially if you zoom out.

I havent dashboard that hard since the early access Conan days. Lol

Edited by Southernfried31

I don't know about Nitrado, but I had the same issue with my dedicated at home. No matter what I could not get the map to function. So I exported all the cells into a directory on my webserver and then updated the link in the config to point there instead. That was the only way I was able to get it to work.

That was probably going to be my next step as in updating the map URL. Just not sure where to place it as I am on xbox not pc.

Makes things difficult as we do not have access to the Shootergame files

Edited by Southernfried31
  • Thanks 1

I have submitted a ticket with Nitrado but they seem to be thinking that I'm not uploading the maps via web interface properly which is not correct. I'm only running a 1x1 grid so all I need is the Cellimg_0-0.jpg and Mapimg.jpg. Now when I upload the maps they do show up under the configuration tab in A1. As being on Xbox and having no access to the FTP Server files I'm really stuck until Nitrado or someone can came come up with a solution.

• Thanks 1

I noticed in the patch notes that v400.56 is current patch with the map issue fixed. Why hasn't Nitrado updated their servers? Still on v400.54.

• Thanks 1

This is the most annoying thing ever because I need to chose a bed on a boat but I can’t see any beds. Let me know if anyone has found a work around or fix thanks. 

This has really started to detour me from playing Atlas. Without any response or help from Nitrado, I have tried everything I can possibly think of to fix these blank maps on my unofficial dedicated server. All web searches lead to year old posts and of those they are for PC. I cant believe that there are only a few people dealing with this issue for xbox. Very unfortunate as I really enjoy this game.

Well after the updates yesterday I am still missing the maps. I have disabled FOW and reuploaded the map images. I can now see boat locations on the mini map but not on the atlas map. Beds do not show on any of the either. Still at a loss for this. Guess I'll keep playing official till this is resolved. No word from Nitrado on this issue for 3 days now via a support ticket. 

Nitrado's stand on this is it is a dev issuse by the email that I received friday morning they say that if they go through steam and log on they see a map.

This is really starting to get irritating. Last night my maps worked for awhile and the they are black agian. Restarted the servers and still black. Come on guys get your stuff together and release a fix that actually works!!!!!

I did however find a work around. If your on console with multiple expansion servers here's what to do. When your in the main home server all maps work. Once you travel to another server maps work until you log out on a expansion server. Upon logging back in all maps are black. So what you need to do is always log out on the home server. You can fast travel with beds to where ever you want with working maps.