INVALID

Captain's Log 13: Updates Ho!

me and my mate just watched a ghost ship sink a schooner that had just come out of dry dock and was anchored just outside it right on the island coast...your update fix is bullshit

today i have seen multiple ghost ships take dry docked and new anchored ships right outside of the island. please balance these ghost ships out. 

I think probably its much better to give a Charakter System like "World of Warcraft" or any other MMO to the game. 

Because you have to notice on what server you are ._.

Despite more work needed, and being able to log on for the first time today... I had FUN! Had a lot of adventures, all ending the same way though... In a certain Mr. Jones' locker

Can't wait to see what the future holds for atlas. ☺

Also ran into Paragon. Nice group of people. 

Edited by Casyoo
Forgot to mention

8 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Uh, Flint, unless I've got the wrong guy, you're the one I was looking for on NA PVE to tell him he set no pin codes on his storage chests.   If that's not you, then NM.  If that is you, and you continue to lecture and scold the people who are unfortunate and utterly frustrated, then kiss your stuff goodbye.

Also, be aware that all the threads here aren't just people who don't understand testing phases.  For some people the game is an unplayable exercise in frustration.  To have a Dev post in the forums about how wonderful it is all the land is being claimed, and look!  here's a top hat for you to get better treasure,...honestly..it's like poking those people with a pointy stick.  Here's everything you can't have, most of which will be gone by the time the game works for you, isn't it great?   You'd be seeing a lot fewer upset people if the Devs showed the least little bit of understanding what the player experience is like for many people right now.    

uh nope you have totally got the wrong guy as i am not playing the pc version of this game so sorry your vengeance is for naught. lol.

Have had host connection error since 3.0 with zero support from the team, sent over 80 tweets hudnreds of messages, no reply, they jsut do not care and im 99.9% sure theya re specifically banning IP's or something from official servers, I can log onto unofficial jsut fine

Keep up the good work! 

I know it must be difficult to listen to constant complaints, some of things you're working on fixing or have to address pre-requisites first, have other priorities or just plain are being blown out of proportion as you're hardly into a month of EA, but I think you have an excellent foundation for a game here with all the tools for an incredible experience. 

I hope you can pull it off!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 2:20 AM, Desolo said:

I 100% will tell you if you had the same issue you would not be talking like. You stay up for 20 horus a day relaunching game because the company refuses to say anything, it is already speculated that their way of "stabilizing" the servers is by preventing batches of players from joining. The reason why more and more people every single patch ALL OF A SUDDEN "I get host connection Lost/timedout connection to server" ALL THEY HAVE TO SAY IS "Hey guys we need less load on our servers so we are only letting a certain amount in, we are too busy /braindead to create a login que system so we are just going to randomly choose people to not allow into the server" Then I would be like HEY! that makes sense now I wont waste my ENTIRE F***ing day relaunching a game they CLAIM im SUPPOSED TO be able to join. I Speak for MANY MANY MANY others who in different patches on different days ALL of a sudden out of the clear blue sky are UNABLE to join. @Atlas Stop fucking leaving your customers sitting here reloading your piece of shit game 1000 times a day and just tell us its not going to work you braindead mongoloids. Have some fucking morals. You truly are fucking evil to claim you fixed server problems every single patch yet we still cant log in but assume we can. Ban me if you want but I speak for many people when I say I am disappointed in you as human beings, and your only white knights are people that HAVE been able to play since launch. 

All what i have see now : "the developer doing the best to create a stable mmo"  - 

plz, read the patch notes and-you can't deny : the devs working very hard on the "Early Access" Game.

AGAIN and AGAIN... this is "Early Access",
when you can't login,  just make a "brand new character" and re-join to a other server region,  just start again / or don't login and wait some more patch days/versions

can't login ??? YES, np, i have create 5 brand new Toons since launch, have re-join a new homeserver 10 times (means without items, my effort was gone)  - 

But WHAT HAVE YOU DONE for this EA TEST? Oh wait, waiting for what? to login again and again with your beloved toon and bed on your first choosen homeserver?

AGAIN this "Early Access", YoY just like a ALPHA TEST - Please dont play it ! When you don't know how to do 1 2 3 TEST a LA game or what? 

SEE: yesterday, i was stuck in a stone hole (like a smal dungeon under the terrain) WTF - no /stuck or /killme command in this game!!! Well, i try relog-in 4 Times but was stuck in the self F stonehole again. That means i lost all my stuff "again" - And? nothing! I have just re join to a other homeserver.

Sometimes is better to have a break from a TEST Game like this - well i can go and play a other game, or do other stuff and come back to ATLAS later, np 

• Like 2

How to create a new character if the server on which your character is closed? And you can't go in and die?

unable to fetch current server info to join...

Edited by Commissar

So today we decided to have an explore as we had a ship in reserve...nope crossed a sector border and 2 Damned ships spawned next to us, crossed back and they chased us over the border...

What a fun and engaging game!! As now i cant bloody get anywhere to look for claimed land unless I use a god damn raft!!!!!!!!!

This is not good with all the negative press on release and now the broken crap of the NPC ships. for groups of less than 3 people it pointless and the AI crew costs are stupid.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, Captain Kuro said:

Just an FYI, early access starts from the moment you click play, not when you get in game. You are a Beta tester. Getting errors and issues are part of Early Access.

You can not be a beta tester if you can not even play

On 12/29/2018 at 4:16 PM, Netsurai said:

All what i have see now : "the developer doing the best to create a stable mmo"  - 

plz, read the patch notes and-you can't deny : the devs working very hard on the "Early Access" Game.

AGAIN and AGAIN... this is "Early Access",
when you can't login,  just make a "brand new character" and re-join to a other server region,  just start again / or don't login and wait some more patch days/versions

can't login ??? YES, np, i have create 5 brand new Toons since launch, have re-join a new homeserver 10 times (means without items, my effort was gone)  - 

But WHAT HAVE YOU DONE for this EA TEST? Oh wait, waiting for what? to login again and again with your beloved toon and bed on your first choosen homeserver?

AGAIN this "Early Access", YoY just like a ALPHA TEST - Please dont play it ! When you don't know how to do 1 2 3 TEST a LA game or what? 

SEE: yesterday, i was stuck in a stone hole (like a smal dungeon under the terrain) WTF - no /stuck or /killme command in this game!!! Well, i try relog-in 4 Times but was stuck in the self F stonehole again. That means i lost all my stuff "again" - And? nothing! I have just re join to a other homeserver.

Sometimes is better to have a break from a TEST Game like this - well i can go and play a other game, or do other stuff and come back to ATLAS later, np 

We all know that it is a game in tests, but that we can not connect to the servers, that is called a scam. I have played many early access games, and I do not care about the failures, but this is directly to report to steam, and that this company is banned for life on its platform.

10 minutes ago, mtrak said:

You can not be a beta tester if you can not even play

Did you not read what I said? From the moment you click play, you are testing. That includes all the stuff in the background and while loading in. You not being able to connect, is you testing and giving information to the devs which they can use to resolve issues.

Dev's Probably wont see this but I have the line 1509 crash on NA PVE. If you could just delete my character or something so I can actually just play the game with my friends, thatd be great.

So we can also not complain about the PVE issues? Players able to kill eachother with repair hammers, people glitching into houses to kill and steal everything someone who already left PVP cuz of the griefing while u think u logged out "safely" inside a house u built on Lawless where u gathered resources to build a bigger boat to sail out of newbie area the other day u log back in, but no, u can restart your grind of resources. Hopefully on that same island but people on PVE just stack stuff on your raft or encumber it themselves by weight so your raft and bed are gone too when u try to log back in. For me I haven't managed to get outside of Freeport & Lawless so far because of griefing and the server issues, even losing stuff when moving from freeport to lawless when lawless suddenly goes down the moment u sail over the blue border.

I know this is early access but I'm forced to restart not only to technical issues but mostly to griefing combined with technical issues. Moving from PVP to PVE was my hope for being able to play at least further than newbie zones, but even when I get out of newbie zones with a couple of friends on a bigger ship than a raft there is still alot of Ghost ships waiting to wreck my boat, not to mention the rediculous amount of damage a whale does to your ship. If u manage to survive all that u still have to find a spot u can claim and really start your Pirating adventure.

Even for today I've been waiting nearly 6 hours for EUPVE L9 server to come back online because that is where my resources are to build a big ship and try to move beyond newbie point. This with over 50 hours of "in game time" on steam for Atlas, where I'm sure 30+ hours have been me in menu screen from day one issues. Even bought this the second it came out and didn't have a 17% discount yet which was there seconds later... Can u see how people get annoyed?

20 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Did you not read what I said? From the moment you click play, you are testing. That includes all the stuff in the background and while loading in. You not being able to connect, is you testing and giving information to the devs which they can use to resolve issues.

you pay, you have the right to play. If there are bugs, there is no problem. The problem comes when you pay for something that is not ready to play. I have played many early access games, and this is not normal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mtrak said:

you pay, you have the right to play. If there are bugs, there is no problem. The problem comes when you pay for something that is not ready to play. I have played many early access games, and this is not normal.

Yea besides alot of people not able to even connect without real help is beyond belief even for an early acces game. Same goes for servers just going down, not working properly (pings of 200 when paying local). Check bug section u see people complaining about servers being down for up to 16 hours. I'm waiting for L9 EU PVE to come back on so I can finish up my boat hoping nobody stole my stuff when I was offline (if server was up much longer then when I went off though). They need to fix land claims as a top priority together with the issues there are with whales and ghost thips so people can start "testing" things outside newbie islands. Also still only 4 official servers online is a joke knowing how much people are still trying to play and their servers can't cope.

A5 still down, for over 18 hours, or even more , great job dev team. Is this your strategy ? shut down the server so ppl will move to another one ? and the A5 won't be overpopulated (yesturday was around 176+ ppl logged on A5) instead of implementing some block system so ppl can;t create characters on overpopulated server ? are you mental ? so now me and my friend should start on a fresh server and play another 50+ hours so we can reach 37 lvl and than what ? next server will go down ? are you serious  ? where is any tech support ?

Oh yeah and thanks to my server not being online for god knows how much longer I'm unable to play on EU PVE without doing this weird ass trippy workaround u guys posted on twitter which will probably result in me making a new pathfinder which I will not. Refund requested in steam, I hope for you guys they refund it or I will have to keep whining about how much of a pathethic cashgrab this release of software was.

Guys you fucked something up The Ghost ship spawn rate is out of this world again. trying to get between 2 ilands in the same sector we had to turn back after a cupple hundred meters because 5 ghost ships spawned on us!!!!!

The oceans are litterally unsailable in low tier ships ATM on Whale's Wrath

Edited by The Warden

i had to cross a picket of ghost ships every time i wanted to explore a new island. it seems a tad much 🙂

typhoons are also absurdly common (every time it rained when i sailed. 8 times through 6 zones hah)