Sign in to follow this  
Daedric_Angel

Juv Bears starved next to trough?!?

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. We bred 2 baby bears yesterday and they were juvenile (10%<) and that lets them feed from trough. But both starved by morning  when there was plenty of food. 

Use potatos they last longer. and keep them away from your other tames so they are the only ones taking food from the trough. 

This is a glitch. Fill their inventory with food next time if you intend to log off.

Also, it's not just taters that you can use for feed. Any of your grown crops will work with the exception of onions! Olives also work as a potato/wheat substitute.

I fill about five troughs per baby with crops in addition to filling their inventory.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

On 10/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Daedric_Angel said:

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. We bred 2 baby bears yesterday and they were juvenile (10%<) and that lets them feed from trough. But both starved by morning  when there was plenty of food. 

this topic again?? ROFL "this starved to death" bug as been around for so long and soooo many people have complained about it that i tought it was finally fixed, my bad 😂

On 10/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, Chester2766 said:

Use potatos they last longer. and keep them away from your other tames so they are the only ones taking food from the trough. 

Not true anymore.

We breed alot, we had this happen 1 time, it was unclear what was the case there.
What happens more often is that people dont set babys to passive, then they flee and end up out of range of feeding trough.
Also check log if it was juvenille or baby that starved. What food was in FT, herbs?