Galaxy

Taming a joke?

Been trying to tame a bull for hours on xbox and eventually it doesnt display the feed option only remove bola option and it resets. Is this a joke? Literally two option while they're down and it's set for same key. Gg

If you Dont get the Option at all on the Same Bull someone Else might Tried to tame him. If a player from another Company Fed him once you are not able to tame it anymore 

This happens often know, you also dont get the normal infobox when you can not feed, so it is easy detectable.

If you can not feed, kill it and move on.

Enjoy the game,

🥒 KuKumba 🥒

2 hours ago, Galaxy said:

Been trying to tame a bull for hours on xbox and eventually it doesnt display the feed option only remove bola option and it resets. Is this a joke? Literally two option while they're down and it's set for same key. Gg

welcome to atlas 😂😂😂, and you have not yet experienced taming in its full potential, just wait until you tame a creature for like half an hr and then a volture comes and kill it, or when you are taming an olfend and a lion literally rains on you, killing you, your mount and the animal you were trying to tame, or when you are in the middle of a taming process and you get a heatstroke even tho you have 200 millions endurance, and yes be ready to die hundreds of time trying to make it to the feeding point only to find the "press to feed" button does nothing, you my friend should have seen some youtube videos about the current state of the game before buying it, cant blame you to expect a semi-fuctional product but this is 2019 not even that is a given anymore.

2 hours ago, zottel said:

If you Dont get the Option at all on the Same Bull someone Else might Tried to tame him. If a player from another Company Fed him once you are not able to tame it anymore 

thats not always the case, when i tried taming a elephant i would have the same problem, then kill all the elephants nearby and wait for respawn, problem still persisted, is just bad code. wich is insanely funny since the thing developers seemed to care about (until fortunately the new guy came in) were tames.

Edited by The D Legacy

11 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

welcome to atlas 😂😂😂, and you have not yet experienced taming in its full potential, just wait until you tame a creature for like half an hr and then a volture comes and kill it, or when you are taming an olfend and a lion literally rains on you, killing you, your mount and the animal you were trying to tame, or when you are in the middle of a taming process and you get a heatstroke even tho you have 200 millions endurance, and yes be ready to die hundreds of time trying to make it to the feeding point only to find the "press to feed" button does nothing, you my friend should have seen some youtube videos about the current state of the game before buying it, cant blame you to expect a semi-fuctional product but this is 2019 not even that is a given anymore.

thats not always the case, when i tried taming a elephant i would have the same problem, then kill all the elephants nearby and wait for respawn, problem still persisted, is just bad code. wich is insanely funny since the thing developers seemed to care about (until fortunately the new guy came in) were tames.

Stareing at a countdown and not keeping an eye out in a survival game, is likely to get you killed.

Going neked and not having the equilibrium buff in harsh enviroments, is likely to get you killed.

Doing activities where you are likely to get damaged without armour or healing kits, is likely to get you killed.

being prepared is likely to make taming a piece of cake nearly every time, that alpha lion is likely to bugger you up whatever you are doing.

I've only come across the not being able to feed when it says you can issue where stepping closer didn't fix it.

fortunately, having a my little pony ranch has little to no value in a pirate sailing game. 

forget taming and enjoy the little bit of adventure in the game.

4 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Stareing at a countdown and not keeping an eye out in a survival game, is likely to get you killed.

Going neked and not having the equilibrium buff in harsh enviroments, is likely to get you killed.

Doing activities where you are likely to get damaged without armour or healing kits, is likely to get you killed.

being prepared is likely to make taming a piece of cake nearly every time, that alpha lion is likely to bugger you up whatever you are doing.

I've only come across the not being able to feed when it says you can issue where stepping closer didn't fix it.

yeah, keep an eye open, like the time a vulture started attacking my 90% tamed olfend then i shoot it while it was about 2 meters above the ground and the arrow kills my olfend wich was lying on the floor instead because hitboxes are not fucked up or anything

yeah i will be wearing heavy armor in a desert biome in a pve server ROFL

yeah the lion will kindly let you do the minigames for the medikit *facepalm*

yeah i am sure pirates gave a lot of tought to their vitamins diet LOL

but lets not see the obviously stupid creature spawning mechanics, the faulty and most of the times usless endurance system and improvised taming system, lets be mediocre and conformist, i am pretty sure if we dont mention it they will focus on solving it instead of going for a quick cash grab in other platforms....wait...

1 hour ago, MOTIK said:

fortunately, having a my little pony ranch has little to no value in a pirate sailing game. 

forget taming and enjoy the little bit of adventure in the game.

thats the problem, this is a farming/taming simulator not a pirate game, and thats not even an opinion, we have only 4 types of ships while 27 different tameable creatures.

6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

I watched a few videos and read the reviews but I've also put in too many hours on Ark and there are countless videos and reviews saying how trash and unplayable it is. So I decided to try for myself and was blown away by how horrible the taming mechanic is. Lol The game seems fun but the grind is next level, small mistakes mean huge setbacks and the vitamin system is a little much. 

• Like 1

The elephant is broken for me right now. I have the blue press y to tame but when I press y it doesn’t feed him. Tried multiple locations around his body.

haven't tried his butt yet And I am pretty sure he would appreciate that but I guess it’s worth a try.

all other animals have worked easily but I just can’t feed the damn elephant. Tried multiple elephants as well

Taming is absolute crap I've only gone down it to be able to ride them so I can shipbuild which is irritating you shouldn't need a skill to ride I say

Personally I like the whole taming thing. I snucked behind my little kitty cat for 20 minutes through the sand to capture her. Now Miss Scrumptiousness and I sail the high seas as fearsome pirates. Look out baddies cuz nothing can resist a little kitty with a hat on her head.

1 minute ago, Gomez Addams said:

Personally I like the whole taming thing. I snucked behind my little kitty cat for 20 minutes through the sand to capture her. Now Miss Scrumptiousness and I sail the high seas as fearsome pirates. Look out baddies cuz nothing can resist a little kitty with a hat on her head.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Believe me I like the taming as well. The damn elephant just won’t eat even behind the ear or by his eye. Only the elephant.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Believe me I like the taming as well. The damn elephant just won’t eat even behind the ear or by his eye. Only the elephant.

Elephants are a bit bugged on Xbox right now. Come to M4, big island, south bay. Ill give you my shitty one lol.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

The feed spot for me is at its belly between the front and back legs. Have tamed 3 elephants so far this "season" without any issues. Does the feed option just not even appear? Sometimes it will appear in red, but you can still feed if you hit the key.

Just now, Vurmis said:

Sometimes it will appear in red, but you can still feed if you hit the key. 

Red just means you lost some progress. You never want to see red, it means you are losing bonus levels... which means less levels to breed from. 😞

42 minutes ago, Vurmis said:

The feed spot for me is at its belly between the front and back legs. Have tamed 3 elephants so far this "season" without any issues. Does the feed option just not even appear? Sometimes it will appear in red, but you can still feed if you hit the key.

No that is the weird thing, it is blue like normal but when I press Y is just doesn’t eat. Totally weird.

48 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Elephants are a bit bugged on Xbox right now. Come to M4, big island, south bay. Ill give you my shitty one lol.

To be ho eat if this crap keeps happening I might take you up on that offer lol.

was he at least a level 5 when you tamed him?

3 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Red just means you lost some progress. You never want to see red, it means you are losing bonus levels... which means less levels to breed from.

Ah good to know. Only really saw it on our Giraffe taming that was going terribly. Kept spinning on the ground, glitching and every scorpion, cobra, etc on the island decided to visit that area at the same time ....

@elephants if between the legs sneak feeding is not working then you can charge right at its face spamming feed and then quickly double tap dodge back out of its range. will admit it is kinda fun but, utterly crap mechanic and the hit boxes for feeding are too small or completely broken on several tames.

If you prepare well you can tame level 30 wilds in like 5 minutes. Just gotta know what you’re doing and take every advantage offered.