Sign in to follow this  
PlankwalkinPatty

Neighbours and walls

So starting over on the game, found a sweet area on lawless to build a base. Open concept don't want to wall it in so that we can share resources. But people keep building really close as you can't really claim a space without building on it. My husband has now rage quit the game because people can't not build right on top of us and I'm facing a move to somewhere less busy. 

Any way of securing your base area without walling the whole thing off? Thanks 

Edited by Bluestone
Removed abusive language.

Well it is lawless, depends on what server too.

Derr never mind I see your on PVE.  First thing is find out where you want to build and then see who your neighbors will be. Still be better off finding an island owned by someone. Either way live off your boat, build like everything is temporary at first and then see from there.

Then build a bigger boat or two and repeat.

Edited by Nutcutt3r

We have plenty of room on our island in D6. It turns out taxes don't take away from your resources on pve. Look for the island owned by Wargazm

Edited by gkitti7

On PVE lawless you have the advantage / disadvantage of lots of people not wanting to claim an island so think lawless is the answer.

Best bet is to pick a region you like the look of, then pick a large claimed island there. (Tax is addative so you loose no resources, gold tax on maps doesn't matter as you virtualy never find maps for the island you are on.) If you've no intention of blocking access or spawns you are nearly certain to be welcomed and not interfered with.

All the large claimed islands I've visited so far only have 2-6 bases where 12+ would not look crowded.

Some owners build small structures in prime locations so they can monitor who comes and builds, and will remove them on request, if someone rages at them for blocking a prime building location with a 1x1 thatch hut, guess what! they won't move it. If someone queries it in a nuetral or polite manner, they get welcomed and the space opened up. (There is an island in the grid i live that operates this way)

p.s. I'm a happy tenant since the system was introduced. - zero cost, zero hassle, my kind of living.

We love lawless and have since 1st launch. I have come to realize that the majority of people of playing just want to have a great time and good interactions. When the jerk surfaces (yes they will) it’s been fun to watch them lose interest and disappear or have The Wipe wash them away.  I could have claimed nice islands over the seasons with our 5 person crew but the Lawless adds an unknown element that I like. It’s sort of like a random card draw that could be good or bad. L9 on Alice has been great. Yesterday a neighbor company GAVE a ship to a company that shipwrecked. Good card draw. The jerk that put a lighthouse on top of our bed in an outpost was a bad one. Fun stuff.

It is against the code of conduct but as my support tickets sit unanswered

regarding 3 company's walling off a metal and crystal spawn on a lawless island 

Basically blocking off 20% of the island and a water source.

There is little point in building like this on lawless as its not minecraft and resources 

Would be better spent on ships rather then land and you ultimately stop the respawn

of resources if you build over the top of them and it takes you longer to build your ships

But i understand why they like to have a nice big base it is fun to build just dont see the point

Of being a jerk to block others or have my frame rate drop due to render lag caused by 

Insane amounts of structures. 

Typically if i have to build something to protect my base from animals i will block their path but 

Leave a gate unlocked or ladders as its not like other players on a pve server can destroy my structures anyway

On 11/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, Ratified_Inc said:

It is against the code of conduct but as my support tickets sit unanswered

regarding 3 company's walling off a metal and crystal spawn on a lawless island 

Basically blocking off 20% of the island and a water source.

There is little point in building like this on lawless as its not minecraft and resources 

Would be better spent on ships rather then land and you ultimately stop the respawn

of resources if you build over the top of them and it takes you longer to build your ships

But i understand why they like to have a nice big base it is fun to build just dont see the point

Of being a jerk to block others or have my frame rate drop due to render lag caused by 

Insane amounts of structures. 

Typically if i have to build something to protect my base from animals i will block their path but 

Leave a gate unlocked or ladders as its not like other players on a pve server can destroy my structures anyway

It has always been like this, before the wipe a company called gradfathers blocked off all the available gems on the island, he built a structure around them.

The whole island got angry, leaving signs up asking nicely to take it down, no effect.

We all submitted a ticket and weeks/months later nothing was done. People took it into their own hands, 1 day I went to look and another company built a bigger structure all way around his, blocking his access to his own private stash of gems.

I don't like going down this route personally, i prefer to solve it amicably but with tickets not getting answered as a last resort yes I would also fight fire with fire knowing war is to come.

I've always seen lawless as your starter island to get you some levels and allow you time to build a ship and find your permanent home in the world.

Before the wipe, they were your only option to build a base if you weren't fortunate to have claimed land early, or steal someone's land. So lawless, people typically fought over space and resources. Generally you couldn't have a massive compound unless you happened to be on when someone else's space was demolish-able, and in F12 we had people building shipyards to block other shipyards because they simply didn't have any other option if they wanted to build a ship to leave.

But, now we can build anywhere for the most part. I would take advantage of that. Because again, lawless is for new players to get on their feet. 

There are a lot of cool places to build that aren't lawless.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:03 AM, Mduna said:

Before the wipe, they were your only option to build a base if you weren't fortunate to have claimed land early, or steal someone's land. So lawless, people typically fought over space and resources. 

They added more islands, so this is less of an issue. That said, some specific lawless zones are very crowded. Or some islands within specific zones. But on average there is room for everyone to have a fairly large footprint using just lawless territories.