Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n Tader

Cross Play = Endentured Servitude

Have you looked at the PVE map Grapeshot? It's only been a week and the only islands available to claim are frozen tundra where no beginning character can servive. I'd be willing to bet that every claimed island is owned by PC players. They already have large groups established, giving them a monopoly... 

So as a new Xbox player, your only choice is to join a PC owned company or pay tax to a PC owned company. In Atlas, PC players ARE the master race and that hurts my sensitive Xbox feelings. 

It's great that console players with PC buddies have the option to play with their friends, but for those of us that don't have PC buddies, we're kinda getting hornswoggled. 

This is my push to get 4 more non-cross-play Xbox minority race main servers. Please make this happen while I can still resist joining Trump2020 Company. 

EDIT: To the PC players-- I'm not trying to offend. My only real complaint is that in the current situation, Xbox players don't have the ability to own land. 

Thanks for clarifying the tax thing. That's not so bad. The way PVE works is not very clear. 

Edited by Cap'n Tader
Clarification

48 minutes ago, Cap'n Tader said:

your only choice is to join a PC owned company or pay tax to a PC owned company

To be clear, the only people who actually PAY anything in PVE are the island owners. The tenants get exactly as much from harvesting as the island owner does, and they don't have to pay an upkeep. Smart island owners make their island attractive to tenants because it reduces their taxes, and they get a bonus when you harvest.

I have no idea which, if any of the tenants on our island are Xbox players, and frankly don't care. As long as they are respectful of others, that's all that matters.

I am curious what is the critical thing you feel you are missing with PC peers? Voice comms? Controller handicap? Performance gap?

Well in defence of pc players they did actually have everything they'd built up wiped to cater for crossplay. Also pc players did all the original testing of the game and feedback for the last ten months. I play both pc and xbox and I can honestly say that the pc players are a lot more communicative with each other and this is probably why they grouped up faster. Yeh I hope they sort out the chat prob with xbox cos the damn controller is in no way good enough for typing. And even though I think people who bought the xbox version didn't get the greatest deal I don't think it's fair to blame pc players for that really.

Ah, it will let me reply now... See EDIT above. 

... This also means that no Xbox players will ever be in the top 10 companies and never receive the rewards tied to that. 

Edited by Cap'n Tader
Anden

On 10/17/2019 at 10:55 AM, Sleepinator2000 said:

To be clear, the only people who actually PAY anything in PVE are the island owners. The tenants get exactly as much from harvesting as the island owner does, and they don't have to pay an upkeep. Smart island owners make their island attractive to tenants because it reduces their taxes, and they get a bonus when you harvest.

I have no idea which, if any of the tenants on our island are Xbox players, and frankly don't care. As long as they are respectful of others, that's all that matters.

I am curious what is the critical thing you feel you are missing with PC peers? Voice comms? Controller handicap? Performance gap?

Thanks for clarifying the tax. That's kinda cool. I'm not trying to say PC has any advantage other than a head start. (Although I'm not sure about point+click shooting VS thumbstick aiming...) I'm only suggesting the option to chose crossplay for those Xboxers that think they want to be landlords. As it stands, the chance to own land on Xbox is pretty slim.