Sign in to follow this  
Realist

So we actually found an island on H9

I thought we were going to get stuck with polar but sure enough we found a 46 pointer that is awesome. Can’t believe nobody scooped it up. It has a huge bay that is very deep all the way up to shore and the scenery is awesome.

at first when we noticed it was low desert we were bummed a little and wondered why nobody took it already, then we noticed all the resources and tames that were ok it and thought people must have been crazy not to take it.

3 different kinds of vegetables, 3 fruits, metal, Crystal, coal, SALT(thank god).

dont get me started on the tames. Every tame besides a bear and a giraffe and a penguin of course spawn here. Elephants, rhinos, lions, wolves, that olphend thing, scorpions, crocs all of the other little tames.

the beaches are pretty flat and the top of the stone enclaves are flat as well. This is going to be an awesome place. Haven’t found a gem yet but I haven’t been through the entire island yet either. Rubies and opals are right next to our lawless area so they won’t be too much of a problem.

things are looking up. We have multiple biomes just a couple grids away so that will be helpful.

i have a feeling the kraken is H8 right above us right?

On 10/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, Realist said:

I thought we were going to get stuck with polar but sure enough we found a 46 pointer that is awesome. Can’t believe nobody scooped it up. It has a huge bay that is very deep all the way up to shore and the scenery is awesome.

at first when we noticed it was low desert we were bummed a little and wondered why nobody took it already, then we noticed all the resources and tames that were ok it and thought people must have been crazy not to take it.

3 different kinds of vegetables, 3 fruits, metal, Crystal, coal, SALT(thank god).

dont get me started on the tames. Every tame besides a bear and a giraffe and a penguin of course spawn here. Elephants, rhinos, lions, wolves, that olphend thing, scorpions, crocs all of the other little tames.

the beaches are pretty flat and the top of the stone enclaves are flat as well. This is going to be an awesome place. Haven’t found a gem yet but I haven’t been through the entire island yet either. Rubies and opals are right next to our lawless area so they won’t be too much of a problem.

things are looking up. We have multiple biomes just a couple grids away so that will be helpful.

i have a feeling the kraken is H8 right above us right?

and that my friend is why i spent all my 700 hrs of atlas in a lawless desert, aside from what you mentioned the plus side is that they are underated so people barely considers settling there, i had all the tin veins the island could respwan located and "owned" xD (grinded, not walled, thats for dickheads) and the low tree density makes unexpected encounters a rare occurence when wandering around, also there is lots of fibers.

why so happy about the salt tho?? i barely ever touched it, and i shall suggest you to pick a mid-high elevated location walling with a big rock mountain (remember lions and wolfs spawn on the sky...because... YOLO) if you already have a bear you might even want to build your base at the very top of one, if you choose it wisely it will keep your tame safe from wild animales and smart design will prevent them from clipping trough the fundations.

Maybe I'll make a grand voyage over there someday.  At some point I'll be needing a giraffe and an ele.  There's no way I'll be taming them myself with everything else I've got to do.

We Used to own the North west Island in H9 before the wipe. Had player shops there Selling everything Needed for the Kraken. Fight

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

and that my friend is why i spent all my 700 hrs of atlas in a lawless desert, aside from what you mentioned the plus side is that they are underated so people barely considers settling there, i had all the tin veins the island could respwan located and "owned" xD (grinded, not walled, thats for dickheads) and the low tree density makes unexpected encounters a rare occurence when wandering around, also there is lots of fibers.

why so happy about the salt tho?? i barely ever touched it, and i shall suggest you to pick a mid-high elevated location walling with a big rock mountain (remember lions and wolfs spawn on the sky...because... YOLO) if you already have a bear you might even want to build your base at the very top of one, if you choose it wisely it will keep your tame safe from wild animales and smart design will prevent them from clipping trough the fundations.

I just leave my fighting tames in the open on neutral. Multiple bears as well as tigers and lions. Even the alphas doesn’t pretty quick when they are stupid enough to attack. I definitely keep the cows in a guarded place and the chickens inside the base itself, but many a wild animal has died to the hands of my tigers. I don’t worry about leaving them out. Predators have to be predators after all.

i use salt all the time. At either base or even on our ships I have a total of 8 bags, 2 for each vitamin(yeah I am doing the vitamin thing). I keep all of them completely full at all times with at least 500 preserving salt in each one. I was the guy that never let one slot of a generator go empty from gas on ark. Always had to be completely full.

1 hour ago, zottel said:

We Used to own the North west Island in H9 before the wipe. Had player shops there Selling everything Needed for the Kraken. Fight

Sounds like a good plan to me then 👍

We used to own the Pufferfish Enclave in i11. (Doesn’t exist since the reshuffle) but it was a great island! Desert is massively overlooked! The name gives the impression of a harshness that’s doesn’t exist. It’s only downside is no rain so you need irrigation systems for farming, the flip side of this though is no cyclones!

On 10/21/2019 at 1:33 AM, Realist said:

I keep all of them completely full at all times

i keep all the vitamins at 50% most of the times, specially after killing myself 😂

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

I'm in H7 on the northern island with an outpost base on South to outfit for Kraken fights. Come on over and visit and grab some honey!