Sign in to follow this  
Raging_lunatic

Stuck Bear any help

1 hour ago, Raging_lunatic said:

Bear is stuck and i can get out of the ground at all See Video    Stuck Bear

See if there's anywhere at all you can place a wooden ramp somewhere around the bear.  That will sometimes get them out.

Also, try leaving the area and coming back in.  And after watching the video, try taking him off follow, ad see if you can ride..if so, try turning him in different directions than the one he was going (where he keeps sinking into the ground)

Had to offer at least a few suggestions for a character called Crosseyed Mary.  🙂

Edited by Winter Thorne

I haven't personally gotten a tame stuck like that before, just random rock pits of doom. Things I would try:

Park your ship as close as possible to where he is, see if on the wheel menu on the bear an option of "Move to Ship" appears. (Wish there were other equivalent of "Sit in chair" like moves)

Build floor, pillar, ramp pieces to see if you can get him to reset out of mesh on to them.

Build an elevator, see if it will grab him out of mesh.

Turn off follow and try whistle command "Goto" in various directions (need skill).

Turn off follow and turn on Wandering (with neutral), see if he gets out on his own.

Leaving the area to get it into stasis (maybe even with wander on), see if a restore from stasis resets his elevation.

Edited by Vurmis

Set him to follow another tame leave and come back.

Otherwise tame another he is a 41, you could have a 44 to start with.

• Sad 1

I had a tame bear stuck in a “scenery” tree for 5 weeks during the last season. I named him Poor Stuck Bear. Then one day he was free so I changed his name. Waiting seemed to work after I tried everything else. 

ok got him out he was stuck on the fiber I had a friend wait till he followed me and he could harvest the fiber ext thing i know hes on the beach and waiting for me

• Like 1

This has happened multiple times with my bears as well.
keep the bear on follow and then hit it with a spyglass this will push the bear,  keep pushing it towards the sea and it'll eventually get out.

Edited by Vegetto

On 10/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, Nutcutt3r said:

Set him to follow another tame leave and come back.

Otherwise tame another he is a 41, you could have a 44 to start with.

41 might be better though............ 😉

You could have a 45 you mean?? 😉

Edited by eeeceee

Had this happen to me this weekend, I've never seen it before so no idea if it's new.

Put in a bug report with ccc, hope they can fix it.

Was out map hunting in D12, 10 grids from home, on one of the new islands there, top one of the two identical islands. spotted a level 29 bear and tamed it, only to get it stuck, it's still there shifting around under the ground.

Undermeshing became worse, try wandering and derender.
Spyglass, follow and move to ship are also valid tips, but move to ship is glitchy atm, often it does not work at all.