captaincaveman1

need some advice elephant taming (different from normal cant feed thing)

although i do have a gripe with how they changed elephants and giraffe's that isnt my problem.

i can feed an elephant from its belly by feeding it when it breathes in. my problem is after its gotten up and i bring it down. i have lost several percent on the taming bar. i am using grown wheat, each time down i get around 6-7% 

problem is after i bring it down and start feeding it i am at 3% tameing. and this cycle continues.

anyway an hour in 50 bolas and 100's of arrows. im at 50%. i finally die and run out of recorces. come back, bring it down only to find i have lost 15% tameing.

anyway after a while i am back to 10% after a few deaths.

this cycle continues. same elephant, i have billboard trapped it, and also attempted freestyle tameing.  

all pretty much the same. despite using the best food and feeding it within around 10 sec. i am loosing a ton of tameing progress... any ideas? 

Elephants need feeding every 16 seconds or so when taming, if you take too long the progress will drop, including damaging and re-bolaing.

They are high HP creatures with a fast tameing timer, so you need to be quick to shoot and bola it.

If it's not that, it can only be a bug of some kind. I tamed two on sunday and it went well.

just in case anyone looks back on this. jack was right. i was spending too much time chasing the elephant down then finding the spot to feed it.

i now bring it down and immediately dive for the belly spamming e. for some odd reason, if i interrupt an attack with feeding i can stand much closer to the elephant somehow.

i tamed a few elephants to be sure,  i have double confirmed it. for some reason, interrupting an attack with feeding makes it easier to approach 

Edited by captaincaveman1

On 10/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, captaincaveman1 said:

although i do have a gripe with how they changed elephants and giraffe's that isnt my problem.i can feed an elephant from its belly by feeding it when it breathes in. my problem is after its gotten up and i bring it down. i have lost several percent on the taming bar. i am using grown wheat, each time down i get around 6-7% 
problem is after i bring it down and start feeding it i am at 3% tameing. and this cycle continues.
anyway an hour in 50 bolas and 100's of arrows. im at 50%. i finally die and run out of recorces. come back, bring it down only to find i have lost 15% tameing.
anyway after a while i am back to 10% after a few deaths.this cycle continues. same elephant, i have billboard trapped it, and also attempted freestyle tameing.  
all pretty much the same. despite using the best food and feeding it within around 10 sec. i am loosing a ton of tameing progress... any ideas? 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:56 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Elephants need feeding every 16 seconds or so when taming, if you take too long the progress will drop, including damaging and re-bolaing.They are high HP creatures with a fast tameing timer, so you need to be quick to shoot and bola it.If it's not that, it can only be a bug of some kind. I tamed two on sunday and it went well.

i have lost count how many times we have mentioned this and other taming related problems, they dont seem to care, even tho this game is a tame simulator.

8 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i have lost count how many times we have mentioned this and other taming related problems, they dont seem to care, even tho this game is a tame simulator.

It's not easy, it's not meant to be, and he figured it out. good on him, he persevered until he got it right.

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

It's not easy, it's not meant to be, and he figured it out. good on him, he persevered until he got it right.

you are confusing terminology here, he found a workaround to a poorly implemented/buggy feature that has nothing to do with something being easy/hard by design, that said i am glad for him.

Edited by The D Legacy

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

you are confusing terminology here, he found a workaround to a poorly implemented/buggy feature that has nothing to do with something being easy/hard by design, that said i am glad for him.

No confusion, I know the correct way, and now he does. There is no work-around, but if you feel there must be one , by all means complain away.

i dont think the taming is right.. at least the information available. to learn how to tame the various animals, there is too much trial and error. for example using wheat-grass instead of wheat. or feeding in the wrong place over and over again. nearly made me walk away many times

no matter how i approached the elephant it would attack, belly diving and it becoming passive when i interrupt its attack animation. i dont think its intentional

Edited by captaincaveman1

On 10/21/2019 at 12:42 AM, Jack Shandy said:

No confusion, I know the correct way, and now he does. There is no work-around, but if you feel there must be one , by all means complain away.

what if i told you just because you like it that way doesnt mean its the intended way nor the right way? shocking, huh?

5 hours ago, captaincaveman1 said:

i dont think the taming is right.. at least the information available. to learn how to tame the various animals, there is too much trial and error. for example using wheat-grass instead of wheat. or feeding in the wrong place over and over again. nearly made me walk away many times

no matter how i approached the elephant it would attack, belly diving and it becoming passive when i interrupt its attack animation. i dont think its intentional

i agree, i have been i several games wich include some sort of pet/taming feature (not as focused on it as atlas tho) and most of the times it feels natural, in here it goes like: beat the crap out of it, tie it like your bitch and after all the misstreatment it will stay forever by your side if you force some food in its mouth, like..wot? and the low level implementation is surrealistic, like when a giraffe falls and its head literally goes trough a wall/rock/ mountain and then it rotates 90 degrees so you can feed it, but depending on the spot it fell and how large they are it can end up in a infinite loop of rotation making you lose all your taming progress. but dont say that too loud, some people here think thats the "right" way 😂

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1