Sign in to follow this  
Nicoli613

So what did you do in Atlas today?

So this topic always went down well on other forums I've been on. 

Figured we could give it a try here. 

Nitrado Xbox Server:

Today I managed to finish my first sloop, the very basics anyway, I'll tweak it over time. 

IMG-e16d9705-2734-41b0-a6ee-575b48acd3aa

• Haha 2

Someone already beat you to it lol it’s a lot of pages back because the game kind of died off a little bit ago.

53 minutes ago, Nicoli613 said:

Ahh my bad lol 

It’s all good. I am not surprised that you didn’t see it. I am talking like it might even be 100 pages back or something. 

this new one should be fine 👍

2 hours ago, Nicoli613 said:

OK new one sounds OK then 

Also took the sloop out for its first spin today.....it is not fast 😂😂

IMG-a02e1fff-7ce9-487c-a8fa-9bbeb13f41df

We skipped the sloop and went to the schooner. But if you are solo then yeah that would be good for you. Gratz on the new ship 👍

2 hours ago, Realist said:

We skipped the sloop and went to the schooner. But if you are solo then yeah that would be good for you. Gratz on the new ship 👍

duuuuude if you go for a schoner then better a brigg!!

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

duuuuude if you go for a schoner then better a brigg!!

We just ended up making a galleon a couple of days ago. Now just designing it and getting all the crating even he’s and other necessities.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Realist said:

We just ended up making a galleon a couple of days ago. Now just designing it and getting all the crating even he’s and other necessities. 

i made a galleon for myself when we had the x6 event....hated it, couldnt even turn to pick up loot after killing a SotD, So i made tiny lil pieces out of it and built 2 briggs 😄

Edited by The D Legacy

Traveled around on NA PvE server since I am solo trying to find a isnald that isnt over crowded to settle in on . Day 57 in game still no place to live yet 😄😄😄

34 minutes ago, Luicient said:

Traveled around on NA PvE server since I am solo trying to find a isnald that isnt over crowded to settle in on . Day 57 in game still no place to live yet 😄😄😄

Your definition of overcrowded must be very different than mine. There are many whole islands without a single claim or structure on them yet.

Well today I got offline wiped as my unfinished brig was sitting on my large shipyard and some troll decided to be funny to destroy it all without getting anything out of it

1 hour ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Your definition of overcrowded must be very different than mine. There are many whole islands without a single claim or structure on them yet.

I think he meant all of the 15 and 20 point islands since he is solo. Luckily there are still a lot of 57 point islands available which is around the size that our company wants. Don’t want to have to bother with an 86 point island or anything with that high of an upkeep.

that poor solo guy would probably have trouble with a 57 pointer.

there are still a lot of 35 point islands in the polar as well. We almost took one until I found out we have 92 points 😂

59 minutes ago, Nicoli613 said:

Just be a nomad and live off your ship lol

Or lawless. We are still on lawless until we find a good 57 pointer for us.

plenry of room on k12 grid. Just saying if anyone wants

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i made a galleon for myself when we had the x6 event....hated it, couldnt even turn to pick up loot after killing a SotD, So i made tiny lil pieces out of it and built 2 briggs 😄

I can only imagine trying to solo a galleon 😂 luckily there will be 4 of us sailing and some hired npc’s

well last night we decided to build, well start building, a galleon!!!!

with no boosted  gathering and only 2 of us on it was a long long process.

got all the floors in and a few of the walls. but it takes ages by hand. espicially as we dont have anything bar metal tools to help us. but we are getting there.

cant believe how massive it is tho. it is seriously HUGE

Well on the way to getting the gallion built, mated pairs of gathing tames and a bear with a cart following cuts the grind.

(Extra bonus for elephant with it's poor stamina, as you can keep switching elephants when they run out of stamina.)

Want it built by the weekend, so we can go hunt the two masterwork maps we found.

We got our galleon up in a day with 3 of us grinding. Still altering decks for tames and such but after buying our first island today the “jawbreaker” will need to wait a few more days to be sailing.

Its called jaw breaker Because our first ship was called lollipop smh that was my buddies and idea and yes he is old lmao.

if anyone gets the reference kudos to you lol

Jesus Christ I told my buddy to go to bed. The game has been out for what? 8 days. Technically less because of the late launch and this guy already has 6 days 14 hours of play time 😂

my work has made it to where I only have 2 days 14 hours. Yeah time to get some sleep though. 2 am where I am at. Got two days off of full game play though starting when I wake up. Let’s do this.

If you are building your first galleon and you don't have a good mix of tames to make it easier, find a spot in the center of a nearby forest and build a smithy. Don't get tricked into thinking you have to cart everything back to your base to build it. You can do all the planks, decks, and ceilings right there on the spot, and then carry them to the boat when you are done. 

I get perverse pleasure out of carrying everything to build my ships in one trip.

I finally decided to circumnavigate my island and his is what I found... 

IMG-98c76423-8f64-44a8-8a66-ee8cad8c7d2c

IMG-ff631b14-3758-41a9-9e07-07e30852a0ed

My friends house and shipyard. 

Seeing as our in game map doesn't work.... We had no idea that we were literally living around the bend of the cove from each other 😂😂

I caught flying bears and sailors in the ocean!
I plugged holes from disappearing structures in the floor of my home base!
I crashed into the void of the ocean in the north, losing the front planks of the ship!
In the atlas, everything is as usual, bugs have not been fixed for almost a year, sales are more important ...

2 hours ago, raydenEG said:

I caught flying bears and sailors in the ocean!
I plugged holes from disappearing structures in the floor of my home base!
I crashed into the void of the ocean in the north, losing the front planks of the ship!
In the atlas, everything is as usual, bugs have not been fixed for almost a year, sales are more important ...

What is not usual is that my buddies,  that i Have known and got along with for a long time finally started talking to me on a political level. It’s amazing the differences that we have. I am neither right of left but either way I always end up arguing with either one because no matter what side you are on you are wrong lol.so basically it is the twilight zone right now. Very unfortunate smh.

So... My sloop randomly sank after the tinyest bump from my friends sloop. 

Attempted a server rollback to recover it..... Wish I had just built a new one now because the roll back wiped the server it seems eugh 

That'll teach me to try and avoid the grind lol

Edited by Nicoli613

24 minutes ago, Nicoli613 said:

So... My sloop randomly sank after the tinyest bump from my friends sloop. 

Attempted a server rollback to recover it..... Wish I had just built a new one now because the roll back wiped the server it seems eugh 

That'll teach me to try and avoid the grind lol

Wait, are you on unofficial? It’s cool and all but that grants ultimate control(which is good).  In that case why was that a bad thing?

Nothing wrong with being able to erase the past. I am sure most would like that

Yeah I have a nitrado server I'm fiddling around on. 

The issue was it deleted my mates entire character and base as it rolled back to before they'd joined. 😂 They weren't best pleased. 

We generally keep our unofficial servers (have run ark servers before) at official rates and try only to interfere with things if it's a game glitch that causes a problem.

If we just screw up then we live with the consequences like on official. 

If the game screws up then I act as GM and can rectify if it seems appropriate. 

This time it went horribly wrong 😂