Sign in to follow this  
BurnJ

Cannon Math: 4% Damage vs +1 Cannon (Question)

Hi guys, can someone help me figure out what impact reload speed has on my calculations?

What I did was math out when 240 damage from an additional cannon would be less damage then 4٪ extra damage for all cannons.

Long story short, after 6 Heavy Cannons, a 14th Medium Cannon adds less total Damage then leveling 4٪ damage increase. (The 13th Cannon is exactly 4% total damage increase btw)

However, I dont know how to adjust this math when factoring in reload speed. If my cannons say reload twice as fast, is leveling a crew slot for a 14th cannon now better DPS then leveling a 4% damage?

Any insight yall can provide would help greatly!

Edited by BurnJ

The reload skills are for you only not your NPC crew, I picked up those skills first time around and was dissapointed too.

There was a faster reload skill line for NPCs in Captianeering I thought I saw....

Personally, I think reload speed is going to be much more situational and highly dependent on your ship setup and combat tactics to be simplified down to just a formula. In general, there are less opportunities for sustained DPS in this game versus the importance of damage per volley.

10 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

The reload skills are for you only not your NPC crew, I picked up those skills first time around and was dissapointed too.

It's true! Reload skill only affects you personally. It's truly amazing. We would get like 7 guys fully specced on cannon reload on high grade medium cannons with only NPCs on sails, and those cannons shot like machine guns. It was amazing how fast you could sink a galleon with a dedicated group of people....

Hahahaha lets be honest, we sailed that shit right into peoples harbors and would sink every boat they had in minutes.

I have 14 cannons total. 7 on each side.  5 on each side lower deck.  2 on each side upper deck.  I might add 2 more today.  I killed 4 wimpy ships fast.  This video is the 4th ship.  I need to change my xbox recorder to like a 1 minute.  Instead of 30 seconds.  So didn't get all of the clip.

https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/6a6daef4-e651-4756-b482-27b46312cf6c

FUN FACT TIME! In ATLAS that RP build is gonna get sunk by the folks that dont have 7 cannons on each side.... but 14 cannons on 1 side....

15 hours ago, Inigo said:

FUN FACT TIME! In ATLAS that RP build is gonna get sunk by the folks that dont have 7 cannons on each side.... but 14 cannons on 1 side....

I thought of building my boat higher up like another floor off walls and ceiling and park more cannons on it.  Not sure cannons would fit through a wall window.  But my 14 cannon schooner got sunk yesterday.  Long story short I had my boat sailing away from last boat attacking me while taking on water.  I was busy trying to repair the wall.  Then my boat sailed right into another fleet of undead of 5 boats.  They shot my wheel off and most the upper deck floors fell in.  Cannons broke.  We sunk then sharks ate all my crew.  Also I tried to grapple onto a odd pirate ship circling it wouldn't hook me on.  I wanted to raid it while the other fishbone undead ships left.