Radames Prime

Additional Xbox console as a dedicated server

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone knows about being able to use another Xbox console as a player dedicated server like we could on Ark? I thought this was going to be a no-brainer since it was in Ark and I’ve purchased 2 copies of Atlas and I was disappointed that the option wasn’t there 😞  

1 hour ago, Radames Prime said:

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone knows about being able to use another Xbox console as a player dedicated server like we could on Ark? I thought this was going to be a no-brainer since it was in Ark and I’ve purchased 2 copies of Atlas and I was disappointed that the option wasn’t there 😞  

Never assume. The logical step would have been to research before you made the purchase.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, Cap’n Ro said:

Never assume. The logical step would have been to research before you made the purchase.

Umm it doesn’t make sense for them to remove such a great and consumer friendly feature. It’s not like it’s a completely different team behind this game that wasn’t working on Ark but yeah. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Radames Prime said:

Umm it doesn’t make sense for them to remove such a great and consumer friendly feature. It’s not like it’s a completely different team behind this game that wasn’t working on Ark but yeah. 

Well it does make sense because Atlas server configuration is more complicated than Ark.

The only map you would be able to run would be Blackwood and that’s because it’s not in a grid format but instead on a single tile.

You would need an additional console to run each tile on a grid for the default ocean map, but console’s can’t cluster on their own.

10 hours ago, Cap’n Ro said:

Well it does make sense because Atlas server configuration is more complicated than Ark.

The only map you would be able to run would be Blackwood and that’s because it’s not in a grid format but instead on a single tile.

You would need an additional console to run each tile on a grid for the default ocean map, but console’s can’t cluster on their own.

thats not something the average consumer would kno tho, so him assuming it was the same while not very toughtful is understandable.