Sign in to follow this  
CyanicEmber

Looking To Charter a Ship To Go Whale Hunting

I'm looking to book passage from the freeport in M2 or C14 to hunt Blue Whale and Sperm Whale and receive the Discovery Point Bonuses and Quest Skills associated with the two of them. I'm on Gorgon's Gaze NA PvE, based around J9 and willing to travel up to three tiles in any direction to deliver payment.

Anyone available, and if so, what are your terms?

Eh build a ship do it yourself brigantine works well hell schooner does to, I know im a solo player and i hunt whales and sotd ship fleets 

Edited by Luxfere

i Think the galli is the hardest way to do Wale Hunting...

Do it with Schooner or Brig... 

Gali Turning takes a lot of Time and you need a lot more ressurces to build and so on ;)

We play as a 2 GuyCompany since start the early Access ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daigari said:

3 hours for 15-line looking for the whales, have not yet found any.. where had they gone?

They definitely exist, did both whale kills for discovery points on Tues night in I2 & I1. Really lucky actually, didn't have to circle either grid fully to find one. Did it in Schooner with 5 rear ballistia's .

I noticed that I could see the whale spouts much farther than my mate, so make sure you have your render and ship distances set to max while hunting. I'm not sure if it works as well now, but if you are in the crow's nest on a sail, you will have increased viewing distance as well.

Hunted both species with our schooner 2 days ago. D13 - D15. Our base is in D11.

Schooner with 3 rear ballistas and 200 bolts is more than sufficient for this task. I have done it with a sloop and 2 ballistas, but top speed makes that one dicier.

Damage levelled galleons with one good blueprint ballista is also sufficient, and easy for the aggro polar whales. Not nearly as easy for the blues because they lose interest and dive pretty quickly.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Vurmis said:

"but if you are in the crow's nest on a sail, you will have increased viewing distance as well."

How do you get up in the crows nests?  I didnt think u could

2 hours ago, XxMayhemxX said:

How do you get up in the crows nests?  I didnt think u could

Build Rope Ladders in Loom and attach them from the top. You can also use a grappling hook to get up there. The grappling hook is also an easy way to attach the rope ladders (you can build while hanging).

Edited by Vurmis
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:56 AM, Daigari said:

3 hours for 15-line looking for the whales, have not yet found any.. where had they gone?

I have an island in o2 and they are always around also next to me in n2 I see them there a lot as well 

Just done it last night solo although I had someone along with me to receive quest also.

Quite easy really, just put 3 ballisters on the back of a brig, stick npc on there and away you go. Didn't take long to kill it, you receive gold and blubber.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:56 AM, Daigari said:

I live on the 15 line. I see them often. Do you know what to look for? Look for a green health bar. You normally will not see it in front of you but to the sides or rear after it aggros on you. Sometimes it looks like 1/8 to 1/4 of a mile away. The ones that don't aggro, yeah look for them breaking the surface. Take a line mid way between the islands and the grid line and keep your eyes open and head turning.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:56 AM, Daigari said:

Just an update. I don't know what changed. Maybe someone read your comments. I'm all of a sudden seeing more whales than even on 14 and 15. 

On 11/12/2019 at 7:54 PM, Gemini Five said:

Just an update. I don't know what changed. Maybe someone read your comments. I'm all of a sudden seeing more whales than even on 14 and 15.  

Whales are fine