Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Nutcutt3r

No Fuel

Recommended Posts

how'd you manage to get the sub? I can't even get the hydra to spawn on my blackwood map. Might have to cheat code him in soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

how'd you manage to get the sub? I can't even get the hydra to spawn on my blackwood map. Might have to cheat code him in soon.

Wife and I were just bored yesterday and used a mod, wanted to check out the mermaid area, and since Blackwood has no json we are starting over with something new anyway.

9 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

I believe it now runs on Mythos.

You would think that would be not that hard to find, I looked everywhere. Even the Wiki...

Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn it was hard enough for a solo player to get the sub b4, but if it now runs on mythos?... It might aswell run on dodo droppings if you're solo now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

damn it was hard enough for a solo player to get the sub b4, but if it now runs on mythos?... It might aswell run on dodo droppings if you're solo now.

Tame a lotta bears, breed em and kill cyclops with em. Carbine works OK as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone on youtube solo'ed the hydra they were lev 50 and took 1 hour and 45 minutes and used over 1000 stone arrows. Now that's either absurd dedication, or they just don't go outside.

Edited by Whitehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jeheil said:

I believe it now runs on Mythos.

you gotta be kidding, is already hard to find a reason to play the game and they make it a grind now to use game gated content? how many times can they shoot themselfs in the foot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

you gotta be kidding, is already hard to find a reason to play the game and they make it a grind now to use game gated content? how many times can they shoot themselfs in the foot.

As if mythos are hard to get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Percieval said:

As if mythos are hard to get. 

is not about being hard or easy, is about the grind, the game was implicitly advertised as a game to explore have fun battles in the sea etc, not as a "hey! we introduced a sub, but you have to do this gated content", "ohhh and you wanna use your sub now?, go grind this rare material", it all revolves arund being forced to do "X" wich coicidentaly doesnt even have anything to do with the sea.

I could accept it if the underwater exploration was some sort of end game thing in wich you can achieve "X" very important something to enhance your ship, but as of now the only people who wants to go underwater are either the explorers or the tamers, all this while killing Sot'D's ( wich should be THE core feature of the game, and the reason why people who like sea battle action like me bought the game to begin with) barely offers anything.

So is not about the "piece" of the puzzle is how it fits wich everything else, including what you sold to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. If the subs run on mythos now, we’re going to lose even more mythos to thieves after we down the hydra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

is not about being hard or easy, is about the grind, the game was implicitly advertised as a game to explore have fun battles in the sea etc, not as a "hey! we introduced a sub, but you have to do this gated content", "ohhh and you wanna use your sub now?, go grind this rare material", it all revolves arund being forced to do "X" wich coicidentaly doesnt even have anything to do with the sea.

I could accept it if the underwater exploration was some sort of end game thing in wich you can achieve "X" very important something to enhance your ship, but as of now the only people who wants to go underwater are either the explorers or the tamers, all this while killing Sot'D's ( wich should be THE core feature of the game, and the reason why people who like sea battle action like me bought the game to begin with) barely offers anything.

So is not about the "piece" of the puzzle is how it fits wich everything else, including what you sold to people.

Yes but we’re making a puzzle for 10 months now and it’s 14 months from being finished, as of right now I think that they will way more underwater stuff. Is there really anything to do underwater? No not really but that’ll probably come. 

Is it smart of them to make it this ‘hard’ to reach a sub, no. But it’s still wildcard we’re talking about, they’re not the most clever people on this planet. They can change something that will only take affect couple months later. We’ll just have to see. Maybe they’re experimenting with how fast people can build subs to know if it needs to be changed or not for the upcoming cool ‘underwater’ update. 
 

I do agree that killing SoTD should give more than the trash they’re giving now. Even leaderbords like Black flag had is a step in the right direction. Next to that mythos bonusses given when you kill them. 
 

Now we’re talking about it, I got damn hate the SoTD group formation stuff. When we all started playing it was just going around the map with 2 ships, one killing them other one taking in the loot and just go on and on for days. When I’m killing them right now it’s just no real fun. The spam and the accuracy is way too high. It needs go be more realistic, maybe even add in ‘flying dutchman’ ships as an event, they give extra bonuses. Those are the first steps in getting more into ship battles etc. 
 

Don’t know who the hell thought that packs of ships would be a good idea. To me it feels we’re being trolled with them since literally nobody asked for pack SoTD’s. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also for the solo player he would already have had to completed all the end game tasks to get to the sub anyway. The only good thing is at least mythos is actually easier to get than some of the other stuff you'll have to do to get the sub in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mythos is easy enough, you get it from killing the boss critter on the PS islands, if your not with a company or friends capable of that, then head down (or up) to the polar regions and slap some yeti's up. They drop some. Not much...but some. Probably wanna tame a bear or some such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Also for the solo player he would already have had to completed all the end game tasks to get to the sub anyway. The only good thing is at least mythos is actually easier to get than some of the other stuff you'll have to do to get the sub in the first place. 

imo the fact that the sub uses mythos while we have oil in the game is a double fail, resources are supposed to be valuable but oil as of now is kinda useleess aside from crafting and repairing, there is so many ways to use the current assets of the game (rock oil as an example), add value to them by making it the fuel source and by that enrich the gameplay that i dont rly get why they meant when they said they wanted atlas to be like eve online, in eve you fight for resources in here the resources has little to no value. whats the point of raiding people to just get wood fiber and some metal? thats even lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just change it to level locked now, lev 50 would be ok. no need to just keep making it more difficult to run, that's just taking a part of the game experience away from a lotta people. After all it's only an exploration vehicle really anyway, Why bother going to all that effort to make the undersea so nice  if not everyone gets a chance to see it? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

They should just change it to level locked now, lev 50 would be ok. no need to just keep making it more difficult to run, that's just taking a part of the game experience away from a lotta people. After all it's only an exploration vehicle really anyway, Why bother going to all that effort to make the undersea so nice  if not everyone gets a chance to see it? 

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×