Upcoming Ally Crew Count Patch Read more... ×
Jatheish

Unable to connect/see Official Servers

Hey guys,

Currently looking into reports about players either not being able to join or see Official Servers on the Xbox. Please note that this is different to a single server being offline, or the fact that Blackwood servers are not displaying in the Unofficial Filter (we have fixed this internally and will be patching it asap). I am specifically talking about those who have never been able to join our Official Servers (it always times them out), or those who do not even see the servers list in the client. If you could fill in the information below, it'll help us get to the bottom of the issue. 

Please specify your problem:

- I cannot see Official Servers

- I can see Official Servers but I am unable to join them

Are you able to see other types of servers? 

- Unofficial

- Non-Dedicated

- Both

Are you able to connect to Unofficial Servers?

- Yes

- No

What Xbox are you playing on?

- Xbox One

- Xbox One S

- Xbox One X

- If more than one, please specify.

Where are you located?

Please include the country and the city/state

How do you get your internet? 

Please specify whether it's provided via an internet company or mobile phone/cellular company (name them) and whether you're hardwired (ethernet) or on wifi.

Are you on Comcast, if so have you tried to disable the XFi Advanced Security Features? (More info)

- Yes, that fixed it

- Yes that did nothing

Currently experiencing this exact problem. When I load in it says no sessions found. Any idea on how long till fixed or what I can do?

Mines doing the same thing and I have Xfinity. I can’t turn the security off. Any idea when there will be a fix or update? 

I'm in communication with Comcast right now to see if we can get them to lift it, as this appears to be on their end. Would you guys be able to share with me a screengrab of your XFI Advanced Security logs that show the servers being blocked? 

Mine still isn’t working. Getting kind of annoying at this point. Bought the game. Wasted 30 dollars. And can’t play it. This is my idea of fun👍🏻

Just now, Mrporky02 said:

Mine still isn’t working. Getting kind of annoying at this point. Bought the game. Wasted 30 dollars. And can’t play it. This is my idea of fun👍🏻

If you have Comcast internet, try the link he quoted at the bottom. It’s how I fixed it in my end. 

Ok, here are the details. If you have the issue, the news feed doesn’t come up.  Have reduced the “threat” down to 5 different strings. @Jatheish here is the info you need to fix it. I have it in picture format. I’m not typing this out. If you need a higher quality image, I can email it to you. The three picture size is 16 meg total. Your site doesn’t support that size. 

Let me know if you need more details. 

2B1DC756-CCFF-417E-BA8B-F42F186BF347.jpeg

14ABBD8F-D439-4978-9D20-E8B049D42474.jpeg

FED3EB4F-2A9E-4F37-BDB3-6A91F39D90B9.png

Can see all servers...unable to join any of them (could join Freeport Servers when I downloaded trial, but can't join any server since purchase of full game  yesterday).

XboX1 X

4G LTE Dedicated Hotspot AT&T wireless

KY, USA

"Could not retrieve address" error 99% of the time. Occasionally it just times out or crashes game to dashboard.

I am having the same issue. I am unable to see the servers. I am renting a server from Nitrado and I can not see any non dedicated servers let alone the official servers. When I try it says no servers found. If I exit to main menu and try to go back into server list it is un-selectable. I have to restart game to get back in. Any news yet at all ?

Playing on :Xbox One X

Hardwired highspeed internet through broadband provider

Cant access official or non dedicated servers or paid Nitrado servers

Edited by Mike071689
Typo

On 10/21/2019 at 12:42 PM, BlunterNote571 said:

Can see all servers...unable to join any of them (could join Freeport Servers when I downloaded trial, but can't join any server since purchase of full game  yesterday).

XboX1 X

4G LTE Dedicated Hotspot AT&T wireless

KY, USA

"Could not retrieve address" error 99% of the time. Occasionally it just times out or crashes game to dashboard.

Out of curiosity, are you able to join Non Official Servers? Say an unofficial Nitrado?

23 hours ago, Mike071689 said:

I am having the same issue. I am unable to see the servers. I am renting a server from Nitrado and I can not see any non dedicated servers let alone the official servers. When I try it says no servers found. If I exit to main menu and try to go back into server list it is un-selectable. I have to restart game to get back in. Any news yet at all ?

Playing on :Xbox One X

Hardwired highspeed internet through broadband provider

Cant access official or non dedicated servers or paid Nitrado servers

could I know who your ISP provider is?

On 10/17/2019 at 11:39 PM, StalkingWolf said:

Ok, here are the details. If you have the issue, the news feed doesn’t come up.  Have reduced the “threat” down to 5 different strings. @Jatheish here is the info you need to fix it. I have it in picture format. I’m not typing this out. If you need a higher quality image, I can email it to you. The three picture size is 16 meg total. Your site doesn’t support that size. 

Let me know if you need more details. 

2B1DC756-CCFF-417E-BA8B-F42F186BF347.jpeg

14ABBD8F-D439-4978-9D20-E8B049D42474.jpeg

FED3EB4F-2A9E-4F37-BDB3-6A91F39D90B9.png

Thank you very much for the additional information! I have followed up with Comcast and I believe this is a change that they'll have to make, but I am not sure when that'll be. I will ping them again.

I cannot join official or unofficial. It's always the same... unable to retrieve address, dashboard, or just kicks me back to server listings. 

I played Ark for over a year with private and official servers no probelm. This isn't Internet or console related unless something in the game code is drastically different from Ark to make this happen. 

1 hour ago, BlunterNote571 said:

I cannot join official or unofficial. It's always the same... unable to retrieve address, dashboard, or just kicks me back to server listings. 

I played Ark for over a year with private and official servers no probelm. This isn't Internet or console related unless something in the game code is drastically different from Ark to make this happen. 

There are some significant differences despite the similarities in mechanics and visuals. Are you able to see non-dedicated servers and join those? 

I can see servers but can no longer connect to official servers ( I receive a notification that the game is unable to retrieve the address). I am able to join unofficial servers without issue. I am using an ATT LTE hotspot on an Xbox one x. Located in Missouri.

• Like 1

Same issue just bought a $30 game I cannot play. Playing on Xbox one X, running spectrum business class internet, I have set up a DMZ host for my Xbox so no ports should be blocked. 

Every time I try to join a game I get connection timed out, failed to join. I’ve tried different servers unofficial and official. Really aggravating. 

ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled it hoping that would fix it but it did not. Hopefully this will get fixed soon because I know they aren’t going to refund me my money 

@BugeyedflyOkay that sounds like a different issue to the Comcast one. I will reach out to our hosts to see if there are any additional diagnostics we can run to identify why that might be the case. I assume your Xbox has its NAT set to open?

Additional info re: Comcast, they say that the issue should be resolved on their end and if there's still any trouble, you can contact them directly. I reached out to them via twitter https://twitter.com/comcastcares but I am sure there are other avenues to explore too. 

Yes my NAT type is open and I have spectrum internet not Comcast. Ive tried joining official and unofficial severs and I just get connection timed out, unable to join . The only game I can actually get it to load in is single player mode. 

I have spectrum business class internet which is around 115mbs down, 10mbs up.  Using a Netgear Nighthawk xr500 router and I’ve opened all the ports for Xbox and atlas 

Playing through an Xbox one X with an external SSD drive. Tried the game on console and SSD drive 

I can see official and unofficial servers but I’m unable to connect to either of them.

I live in Darlington  SC

I run my own server off of my computer and can find my unofficial dedicated server with ease. On my xbox (including all my friends on the xbox) when you search unofficial servers even if your console doesn't freeze no unofficial servers show up at all. Is this broken

Edit*

We finally got servers to load. But my computer cannot find xbox servers that me or my friends made and their xboxs' cant find my computer server. So is the "cross platform" only for official servers or again is it just broken

Edited by KnkyMcButtrBall