Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Taco

(Opinion) Have they over complicated something simple ?

I'll start by saying this is not a QQ, myself and my friends are enjoying the game a lot.

We were talking last night and the topic came up, have they over complicated something simple ? So what I mean is things like,

do they need to have 501 different kinds of Fiber ? Why add more than whats needed, sometimes less is more.

Does smelting need to be this intensive ? Some of the items needed really dont even make any sense a all.

The Vitamins ... its bad enough how quickly you starve and dehydrate on official, does there really need to be vitamins to micro manage this part of the game as well ? This is one thing my friends and I really dislike.

I feel they've made the game more confusing than it needs to be, to be clear, people should be enjoying the game play not micromanaging every aspect of it, the multiple types of metal, fiber, wood, ect ect, again, it seems as though this is just extra fluff for no reason other than to confuse new players. These items would not make the game easier if they were simplified, all it would do is make the game easier on the brain for new and experienced players. It really looks like they let someone with ADHD design these parts of the game and said person went off the deep end.

Is there anything I'm missing that seems like it's in the game for no reason when it could be simplified ? 

• Sad 1

You need different types of fiber, thatch, wood and metal to build high end armor, weapons and ships.  This aspect in my opinion is very much needed and fun to have as it requires people to venture out to gather these resources whether they farm it themselves or trade for it. 

Ingots can be a pain especially when it comes to Silver and a few other metal types.  I have NEVER found an island with silver and gems on it.  Iron and Copper seem to be the easy ones as the other resource needed to make ingots is always on the same island in my experience.  I am torn on this one.  I can see reasons for keeping it the same and making it easier.

Vitamins......most people hate it.  I am one of them.  Level up your fortitude and when your vitamins are out of whack find the nearest turd and eat it.  Respawn with freshly level vitamins.   Rarely deal with it anymore as I kill myself regularly. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I'm guessing some of the variety comes with territory of making legendaries of different sorts. I assume they needed to make the mats for superior items different and much harder to farm otherwise they might not bother with them. end game items like the sub and torps also have harder to farm mats, to basically make them harder to build. This especially makes sense for pvp.

Good to know about the armors and such, ok so multiple metals makes sense in this aspect.

The smelting, I'm just not a fan of, you can have multiple metals without the multiple types of secondary mats, you would still need to find multiple types of metal which requires travel and exploration so the secondaries could be simplified imo.

Vitamins seems like most people feel the same, so if people are dying to circumvent the system because its just to much of a hassle, tells me it's a wasted feature in the game that doesn't need to be there. 

I hate it and would like to see vitamins removed.  This is a survival game after all........I guess.  The survival aspect of the game is not needed IMO especially in PvP.  Survival for me is not taking a lead shot to the head. 

It's an unfortunate mechanic that seems like it was meant to force people to travel/explore.

If we learned anything from Megatribes and how they operate, most didnt even use legendary/mythical tier ship components unless they could dupe them, because they were a complete waste of time on average for the percentages you got. We still did farm out all the different mats, but they were usually used on rifles and armor and cannons for carts than ships. Most efficient method for farming was simply pulling up a resource map, spawning on a nearby freeport and making a sloop or raft and sailing it to the island(s) in question, dropping beds and naming them for the resources, and then you'd have 5-10 guys farming that location around the clock, and later a weight galley would show up to haul hundreds of thousands of whatever it was back to a centralized location. 

Ideally you just grinded out Whites, greens and blues that had super high stat rolls, that were also super cheap to make. We had boats floating around with white tier cannons that had upwards  of 140% damage before being crafted by our Int chars with our mythical Int crafting sets, they were coming out with 160ish damage, we had greens that could craft out to 170+.

THey were far more viable for resource cost and combat, because it was no big loss, everyone farmed Red SoDs to level our ships up, so high quality low tier BPs were coming pretty common. We'd have ships made of whites, greens, blues out there with high rolls on high crafts on them out-damaging legendary/myth tier ships just lining the sea bed with their boats.

requiring 5-6 different mats to construct a single component is just silly. Can it be done? Absolutely, will it be done? Absolutely, but most of your hard core efficient players will find a way around this severe inconvenience, so it's largely a moot point for people who knows the ins and outs of the game, and it's just a setback for small groups who think they need these high tier components in order to compete. 

The system is a hindrance at best, and a psychological crutch for casual players at worst 

Same with vitamins. Most of us would level up the traits that drastically reduced vitamin consumption, and just killed ourselves to be reset. Respawning time far outweighed the time sink in trying to maintain your vitamins. Out at sea in the middle of a battle? "Guys its cold AF, im low in Vitamins, someone shoot me in the head and take the helm". few seconds later homeboy was back and good to go. All day every day.

• Like 1

A lot of mmo's seem to be going down the route of making players constantly eat and drink, it's totally unrealistic in some games I play almost every few minutes. Fallout 76 is the worst for me so far. I wouldn't mind if it was for realism and you had to eat every few hours or just for healing.

Edited by Whitehawk

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

You need different types of fiber, thatch, wood and metal to build high end armor, weapons and ships.  This aspect in my opinion is very much needed and fun to have as it requires people to venture out to gather these resources whether they farm it themselves or trade for it. 

Ingots can be a pain especially when it comes to Silver and a few other metal types.  I have NEVER found an island with silver and gems on it.  Iron and Copper seem to be the easy ones as the other resource needed to make ingots is always on the same island in my experience.  I am torn on this one.  I can see reasons for keeping it the same and making it easier.

Vitamins......most people hate it.  I am one of them.  Level up your fortitude and when your vitamins are out of whack find the nearest turd and eat it.  Respawn with freshly level vitamins.   Rarely deal with it anymore as I kill myself regularly. 

L 11 L12 L13 L14 have gems and silver on them to name a few gotta look harder, K14 as well does 

Edited by Luxfere

2 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

L12 L13 L14 have gems and silver on them to name a few gotta look harder, K14 as well does 

Damn, there goes my capitalist fantasy, island i'm on has both too. 

30 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

A lot of mmo's seem to be going down the route of making players constantly eat and drink, it's totally unrealistic in some games I play almost every few minutes. Fallout 76 is the worst for me so far. I wouldn't mind if it was for realism and you had to eat every few hours or just for healing.

Eating drinking if your not wearing any clothing you will havce to eat and drink more often based off of weather and all mmos made you drink and eat over the years they laxed it but this is a survival game 

yeh but in real life you wouldn't be eating and drinking every few minutes would you.

Edited by Whitehawk

2 hours ago, Darth_Taco said:

I'll start by saying this is not a QQ, myself and my friends are enjoying the game a lot.

We were talking last night and the topic came up, have they over complicated something simple ? So what I mean is things like,

do they need to have 501 different kinds of Fiber ? Why add more than whats needed, sometimes less is more.

Does smelting need to be this intensive ? Some of the items needed really dont even make any sense a all.

The Vitamins ... its bad enough how quickly you starve and dehydrate on official, does there really need to be vitamins to micro manage this part of the game as well ? This is one thing my friends and I really dislike.

I feel they've made the game more confusing than it needs to be, to be clear, people should be enjoying the game play not micromanaging every aspect of it, the multiple types of metal, fiber, wood, ect ect, again, it seems as though this is just extra fluff for no reason other than to confuse new players. These items would not make the game easier if they were simplified, all it would do is make the game easier on the brain for new and experienced players. It really looks like they let someone with ADHD design these parts of the game and said person went off the deep end.

Is there anything I'm missing that seems like it's in the game for no reason when it could be simplified ? 

Mostly a negative from me. Stop dumbing down games, please.

If you have something that is more substantial to offer, about the vitamins, that would be nice. The vitamins are kinda silly.... better to die, eat a berry, then get EQ. Anyway, back to surviving 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

1 minute ago, eeeceee said:

Stop dumbing down games, please.

edit: if you have something that is more substantial to offer, about the vitamins, that would be nice. The vitamins are kinda silly.... better to die, eat a berry, then get EQ. Anyway, back to surviving 🙂

I wouldnt consider this dumbing down the game, if we were to ask "make everything cost stone" that would be dumbing down the game. I play PvP I want to be able to go do some ... PvP, if I wanted to search the map 24/7 to make an ingot I'd be playing PvE. 

Summary: It's not dumbing it down when all aspect of the game should be enjoyed instead of 90% pointless grind, 10% fun.

There is not 501 types of fiber.

edit? I didn't even really bother reading your post properly tbh, i got to the 501 fiber bit, then skimmed through to the "new players will be confused wah wah lol". 🙂

Edited by eeeceee
  • Confused 1