Boycott751

xbox (Xbox) Non-Dedicated Host Max Tether Range Question.

I have questions regarding the tether range for the Xbox one, and more specificall for the Xbox One X. Modifying the base value I know only goes up to 8. What is the distance in game? Also I have discovered if I put an X in front of the number I.E X20 or x 20 that it wont reset the number down to 8. Is this actually gonna work if i were to enter X20 in increasing the range or will it auto adjust the value back to the original setting?

Oh i can play online but i prefer being abke to enjoy all 255 grids with my gf and her friends. I prefer that over the pvp aspect and the pve aspect with other players. Then we can explore everything and enjoy it all. I love this game and even if i cant modify the tether distance right now or play download it from windows 10 store on PC i will enjoy it with them any way i can. I do hope tether distance is increased or it shows up in xbox play anywhere but for now i enjoy it the way i can.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:51 PM, Boycott751 said:

Its at the bottom of the basic settings right below max creature count. 

Doesnt appear there on mine (xbox x) but then the whole Ui has references to ark and dinosaurs, hoping the next patch will fix it 

I also have an XBOX One X and I can confirm this setting isn't present but the issue in the topic on hand is present.

There is a setting called non dedi max players, this is the tether range option, now going in and out of the game with over 8 seems to reset it to four I don't know yet if the max is 8 or it can go further 

Hey, I’m confused because when I looked for a video on how to turn off tether distance on ark for Xbox one all the videos say go to Non dedicated tether distance, and I was looking for it through all the settings and I can’t find it so is there another setting I have to change or something I have to do for the option to pop up. Please help!