gkitti7

Can I evict tenants

We claimed an island last night and I figured out most of the settings. My biggest question is can I remove other companies from my island if they are causing problems like land hogging, blocking resources, etc...

only for first 24 hrs after that they are there to stay ,

lets not start this shit all over again , its not your island you are just the landlord , anyone can build anywhere on any island. while they are there farming u gain resources via what ever tax rate u set , it is also a cheaper gold cost per cycle for every tenant you have on the island , very beneficial to you especially if they are active , 

side note be careful pissing players off by removing their items they may just keep spamming you wont be able to remove all the spam , piss them off at your peril 

Edited by UDO

Not sure what the snarky answer was for. I have legit questions and concerns about people building on the island that my company is paying gold for. As a "landlord" (which by definination indicates land ownership), I would assume that making the island inviting for people to build on would be a goal by making sure people aren't blocking resources or land hogging. But thank you for answering my question is a somewhat shitty way. 

• Thanks 1

it was one of the things that had a lot of issues on pve when first introduced , landlords wanting to kick off players that were building , the system u see now was a replacment for flag spam that stopped a huge amount of the player base from playing in theh early days  , this new system was implemented to combat this , so u can see why when some one posts a title saying can i evict tenants from MY island then of course your going to get an abrasive answer from pc players that have been around since launch and seen all these threads before and all the issues that were prevalent when it was introduced , 

2 hours ago, gkitti7 said:

We claimed an island last night and I figured out most of the settings. My biggest question is can I remove other companies from my island if they are causing problems like land hogging, blocking resources, etc...

Might add that After People placed stuff you have 24h Time And new structures will Start having a new 24h remove window. And if someone really Blocks Ressources etc And you remove their stuff And Start Spamming just contact an Admin as those usually come within 24h And deal with the Spamming. But lost of the Time a quick Chat with settlers saves alot of Time And stress.

The claim system in place isn’t popular with large chunk of the player base. The reply was a bit snarky out of context. There are many players, especially in PVE who want to own islands all for themselves and keep other players off them. He wasn’t necessarily accusing you of doing so. The problem, even with all the new islands, is land is the one limited resource and it was a problem in the past for players having no where to build. Even most lawless islands where crowded.

The current claim system doesn’t completely address this issue. It’s to a landlords advantage to be a landlord, but there is still nothing to prevent landlords from taking away much of the land from players who aren’t landlords. Which is happening again already. In PVE you cannot take an island from another player. In PVP you can.

It is, in fact, an implied responsibility of landlords to keep resources from being blocked and prevent foundation spamming. Implied... but not actually required or enforceable.

Ignore Udo's response.

The claim system is bad in that there are major drawbacks for both the landlord and the tenants, and on a fully loaded server there aren't enough claims for everyone.  People, especially large groups can claim multiple islands and large groups have been known to claim up all the smaller islands, shutting out the smaller groups.

As the landlord, you have to pay for the place, and you can demolish anything anyone builds within 24 hrs of it being built.  If it's older than 24 hours, than you can't do anything to it, however you can demolish anything new they build.

As a tenant, the landlord can demolish anything you build within 24 hrs.  On the other hand, it doesn't cost you anything to live there.

If you get into a pissing contest with your landlord or your tenants,  you may find that you can't play the game you bought (Atlas) because you are too busy playing a build/demolish pissing contest.  Not a good situation.

I've put up a settlement message saying "Claims with owner's permission", and hope that gives people some warning that building there without arranging it first will just result in a demolish.

Just not a lot of clear info. Seems changes are made and then reversed back every update. I have the hang of it now and honestly spending hours looking for a few gold coins to grant us a two day advance on our claim is exhausting for a 3 man tribe. I really want people building on our land and have set my tax rate to 10 but if we don't get enough tenants I may have to raise it a bit. Also does anyone know why you get gold in your bank randomly? I assume its whenever people do a treasure in your island you also get a percentage of that but I'm not sure. 

57 minutes ago, gkitti7 said:

Just not a lot of clear info. Seems changes are made and then reversed back every update. I have the hang of it now and honestly spending hours looking for a few gold coins to grant us a two day advance on our claim is exhausting for a 3 man tribe. I really want people building on our land and have set my tax rate to 10 but if we don't get enough tenants I may have to raise it a bit. Also does anyone know why you get gold in your bank randomly? I assume its whenever people do a treasure in your island you also get a percentage of that but I'm not sure. 

You can set the tax to 20% as everything your tennants Farm will be the Same but the tax you get is additive so tennants still get the full 100% of what they farm. Gold is taxed,thats why you randomly get Gold Into the Bank. People will still do the Maps even if you tax 20%. Easy way to get Gold is shipwrecks And use a Diving Platform. Also a schooner And 3 ballistas on the back And whalehunting gives Good Gold.  Most Gold You get will be from treasure Maps. The lower ones are easy And for the higher ones you Want a bear.

11 hours ago, gkitti7 said:

Also does anyone know why you get gold in your bank randomly? I assume its whenever people do a treasure in your island you also get a percentage of that but I'm not sure. 

An example of what Zottel is talking about with the PVE tax rate of 20%.

• Guest player harvests 100 wood
    • Guest player gets 100 wood
    • Claim owner gets 20 wood
  • Guest player digs up 1000 gold treasure
    • Guest player gets 800 gold
    • Claim owner gets 200 gold

The PVE claim system in it's current form is very flawed as you will find out. From all angles, as an island owner, tenant on the island, or just visiting to get discoveries or do a treasure map. It is on the dev roadmap though, just pretty far in the future.