Sign in to follow this  
XxMayhemxX

map wont come up, instead i get what looks like im looking through a photo camera lens..

my map worked fine for 2 days, now today all of a sudden, when i use my map, the map dissappears and i get a fuzzy box in the middle of my screen with a smaller square in the center, and a circle in the middle of that.  It reminds me of a camera, taking pictures.  like when you use the camera item in ark, then you look in the lense.  Dont know why it all of a sudden started happening.

I found i had this problem right away in game. I would just pull out any hand held object and hit left trigger as if i were aiming (note you don't actually aim) or even swing then left trigger.  And while still holding object try the map again and the camra mode stopped. Worked using the hatchet first time. 

Got the idea when i read sombody had a bow and aimed it to make the problem stop. How ever i was too low level to make a bow yet. So aimed my hatchet haha.

• Thanks 1

Ok cool that works to fix the issue.. i just used the aim button with my hatchet or whatever, then pulled out map again and it fixes it.   Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

They said they fixed this yet I'm still having the same issue.  Getting real frustrating having to jump off the wheel pull out a weapon then hop back on.