Sign in to follow this  
RiverRat

Guess X2 is a thing of the past?

15 minutes ago, RiverRat said:

Just wondering....

Nah, they will do it again. A lot of stuff had been going on with the release a few days ago. There were some problems with people being able to get on or play and even play with less lag.

i am sure in a week or two they will have one. Gotta get this stuff ironed out first 

ive built a good few galleons single handed since launch....i know where to get the easy materials without the usuall grind...

x1 is bloody painfull imo....

x2 should be the base at least.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hurricane moon said:

ive built a good few galleons single handed since launch....i know where to get the easy materials without the usuall grind...

x1 is bloody painfull imo....

x2 should be the base at least.

That is the thing, if you have built a few galleons already it wasn’t that painful. Seems way to easy to me. 2x wouldn’t even be considered grinding anymore really 

Personally, I feel X2 weekends are bad for the game. 

They force us in a particular direction in game.

on weekdays you’ll have no motivation to gather materials.

weekends turn into grind-fests to fuel your plans. 

X1 admittedly isn’t easy, but it also shouldn’t be easy! It’s not exactly hard going either, and Galeons shouldn’t be easy to build. 

12 hours ago, RiverRat said:

Just wondering....

wait..are you telling me they didnt even launch a x2 event after the wipe? ....omg .. i...i cant...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by The D Legacy

9 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Personally, I feel X2 weekends are bad for the game. 

They force us in a particular direction in game.

on weekdays you’ll have no motivation to gather materials.

weekends turn into grind-fests to fuel your plans. 

X1 admittedly isn’t easy, but it also shouldn’t be easy! It’s not exactly hard going either, and Galeons shouldn’t be easy to build. 

sooo what you are asying is: i dont like getting a extra pay for working weekends, it doesnt motivate me to work on weekdays, so i prefer to get weekends and weekdays paid the same even tho is less money in total......mmmkkkay

12 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

sooo what you are asying is: i dont like getting a extra pay for working weekends, it doesnt motivate me to work on weekdays, so i prefer to get weekends and weekdays paid the same even tho is less money in total......mmmkkkay

very poor analogy.
I don’t play atlas to work, i have a job for that. I play it to have fun! Most of my free  playtime is on the weekend, and because of the 2x weekends, it makes sense to capitalise on it
for me and the other players around me.I find the grids much quieter on weekends because of that with less player interaction, and it makes sense for me to harvest weather I like it or not. 

Edited by TerrorTrooper

1 hour ago, TerrorTrooper said:

very poor analogy.
I don’t play atlas to work, i have a job for that. I play it to have fun! Most of my free  playtime is on the weekend, and because of the 2x weekends, it makes sense to capitalise on it
for me and the other players around me.I find the grids much quieter on weekends because of that with less player interaction, and it makes sense for me to harvest weather I like it or not. 

Well as my buddy @The D Legacy said, this does seem to be pretty typical. 

You know how many people have said “I just don’t feel the motivation to grind during the week”?

yeah, it is time for a weekday event. People are literally telling the devs “ I won’t do anything on weekdays” that should say something.

Jesus Christ @Jatheish you said yourself that events would happen during the weekday. I like you but this Is a put up or shut up situation here.

Without even downloading the game, you just shot by the ratio of weekend bs. Weekdays itself if 100 to 1. 

I mean come on man, don’t put the whole “we have been talking about it” thing and then just simply not do it.

this is the official release, any event at any time will be a plus. This isn’t for my benefit because who knows, I might not be able to get on. I am cool with that. The pure bias is what really gets to me.

really hoping you suck it up and give the others what they want!

Edited by Realist

On 10/13/2019 at 2:07 AM, Realist said:

That is the thing, if you have built a few galleons already it wasn’t that painful. Seems way to easy to me. 2x wouldn’t even be considered grinding anymore really 

before this xbox patch i mean,im a pc guy,played since the start.

and the galleons were built at weekends when we had multipliers...like most others with any sense did.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

this is the official release

No it’s not. This is early access, know the difference.

• Like 1

I'm  on vacation. I got a notice about Magic Mythos from last night from GS. Are y'all high or what?

@ATLAS News 

In approximately 10 minutes we'll be redeploying our Official Network to restart the servers with bonus rates (2x) for Gold, Harvesting, and Taming. This will last until the end of Monday!

Hope you're having a great weekend Pathfinders!

1 hour ago, Cap’n Ro said:

No it’s not. This is early access, know the difference.

Lmao. Who ever was going to buy the game for pc or Xbox already bought it. Lol and smh 😂

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Lmao. Who ever was going to buy the game for pc or Xbox already bought it. Lol and smh 😂

He didn’t say anything about who bought the game when. He called you on using incorrect terminology. 

Words matter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TerrorTrooper said:

very poor analogy.

then why not ask for every weekday to have x2 rates?? if you want to balance something always balance it to the positive side, always as an improvement not the opposite, the gaming industry says: "add value to it"

also remember this is not rust or ark, the gameplay where you see and interact with other players should be at the sea not only in land, imo we should have much more ships focused variety and options instead of it being a bunker building simulator. (not saying you do that tho)

lastly rather than adjectivizing my analogy you should stop for a moment and see what i mean and how it would benefit everyone and if you dont see it just ask, i will explain my toughts and you can do the same.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Come back when you have something logical to say.

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

then why not ask for every weekday to have x2 rates?? if you want to balance something always balance it to the positive side, always as an improvement not the opposite, the gaming industry says: "add value to it"

also remember this is not rust or ark, the gameplay where you see and interact with other players should be at the sea not only in land, imo we should have much more ships focused variety and options instead of it being a bunker building simulator. (not saying you do that tho)

lastly rather than adjectivizing my analogy you should stop for a moment and see what i mean and how it would benefit everyone and if you dont see it just ask, i will explain my toughts and you can do the same.

This is a good suggestion. I’m not necessarily saying x2 is a bad thing, I was just saying such bonuses every weekend is a bad thing. It should be saved For special occasions.

the x2 as a base rate would be good as it would reduce the fear of losing assets, especially in PvP where it can be massively demotivating, but there’s the fine line of people reaching content too quickly killing longevity, but that’s another discussion.

• Like 1