Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Realist’s thread

5 hours ago, Realist said:

Man, those storms are crazy, you see 3 cyclones, but then you don’t realize there are a lot more after that, you just keep seeing more and more while you are trying to get to land.

yeah decided on the galleon. Just not enough room for tames on a schooner and definitely not enough weight. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can’t start doing the whole trading thing. Once we get the galleon that will be our long time nomadic home. 

Wont be truly settling on land for at least a month or so. Even though I love building, I am getting a big kick out of this whole sailing thing. Better than sea of thieves in my opinion. The sharks have managed to piss me off a couple of times but that is only because the swimming makes it hard to access the inventory before I get my ass chewed up.

i do have one suggestion I would like to add @Jatheish I totally get the whole only being able to equip one weapon at a time, but I don’t think that the shovel should apply to that. It isn’t a difficulty thing. It is more a ok I killed the AoTD and now I have to go back and equip the shovel kind of thing. More QoL then anything.

other than that, no problems whatsoever and the game is awesome 👍

very surprised. Good job guys 👍 

Land is for farmers, we are pirates!! 😂

I wanted to make my boat my home to (is just too bothersome to be tied to a piece of land) but then they introduced decay so bye bye my dream.

Yes, accessing the inventory AND climbing the ladder while on the sea is .....oooffff.

I totally agree with you on the shovel thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Realist said:

It is not going that well actually. Once we started and got the taming going and got the schooner going we realized the schooner isn’t going to do the job for our journey. We are skipping the brig because it isn’t worth it to us and going for a gally.

i just can’t do the schooner. It’s cool and all but I am still a grinder and I need the 4 cargo boxes. It just wasn’t working with the 1 we had(had a dingy. Man, that dingy is fucking fun). By the way even without the dingy 2 wouldn’t have been enough.

to be honest I think the speed is fine I might just put weight sails on the gally and load the fuc&@! up! I literally can’t help it but to grind. If I get to a new island and see there are new resources I need at least a couple thousand(at least). It’s a gift and a curse. I am trying to break myself of that but it’s a day by day basis with that.

i don’t mind going slow but I do mind missing something I will need later.

#grinderproblems

*waves his arms frantically in big look over here attention getting gesture.*

Nonono!

You’re gonna drive yourself insane. Forget the resources for now. They’ll be there once you’re done with your DP quest. Remember island owners get free resources if you come and gather on their island, so only idiots try to stop you from doing so. Smart island owners will actually build giant ramps with big signs pointing to where the valuable resources on their island are. All you really need to gather while your dp quest is active is food and what you need just to make gear and repair your ship. At this point you absolutely should not need cargo boxes because a gally’s base weight is far more than you’d ever need just to cruise around with some tames and collect dp’s

Go get your dp’s The resources you’re tempted to harvest aren’t finite. The only stuff that is “rare” are some of the cooking ingredients needed for higher end cooking recipes, but they weigh next to nothing, even in bulk. Base stuff like wood and stone, metal and thatch have 6 different varieties scattered around the map, but they are all interchangeable.

No matter what you do, if you want to build higher tier things like ship planks, cannons etc down the road, you are always gonna have to travel or trade to acquire the six different varieties of metal, wood, thatch etc. That’s the nature of Atlas and how the game encourages you to travel. But you’re not there yet. You don’t need 6 different kinds of metal to build base gear and go explore. If you try to collect all that stuff now it will just slow you down on a quest where speed is what counts.

Edited by boomervoncannon

8 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

the most fun first time experience is finding that type of weather while fighting another ship(SotD or player), it gives it a very movie like feeling, i would dare to say that was the first time (and probably the last) that i had fun with the ocean content in this game,then they nerfed the tornados... yes even the fucking tornados got nerfed (mostly because this is not a survival game but rather a pillow fight) so you should definetly give it a try before they nerf tornados again, just imagine they deal tons of damage to the ship (wich is not the case)  and play along with that.

I have only been sailing for two days. I don’t think I am prepared for a SoTD/tornado fight yet lol.

that does sound pretty exciting though 

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*waves his arms frantically in big look over here attention getting gesture.*

Nonono!

You’re gonna drive yourself insane. Forget the resources for now. They’ll be there once you’re done with your DP quest. Remember island owners get free resources if you come and gather on their island, so only idiots try to stop you from doing so. Smart island owners will actually build giant ramps with big signs pointing to where the valuable resources on their island are. All you really need to gather while your dp quest is active is food and what you need just to make gear and repair your ship. At this point you absolutely should not need cargo boxes because a gally’s base weight is far more than you’d ever need just to cruise around with some tames and collect dp’s

Go get your dp’s The resources you’re tempted to harvest aren’t finite. The only stuff that is “rare” are some of the cooking ingredients needed for higher end cooking recipes, but they weigh next to nothing, even in bulk. Base stuff like wood and stone, metal and thatch have 6 different varieties scattered around the map, but they are all interchangeable.

No matter what you do, if you want to build higher tier things like ship planks, cannons etc down the road, you are always gonna have to travel or trade to acquire the six different varieties of metal, wood, thatch etc. That’s the nature of Atlas and how the game encourages you to travel. But you’re not there yet. You don’t need 6 different kinds of metal to build base gear and go explore. If you try to collect all that stuff now it will just slow you down on a quest where speed is what counts.

Very inspirational boomer. My buddies are dragging their feet on the whole DP thing. I warned them that doing too many maps would bite us in the long run. Luckily pretty soon they will he forced to do DP’s because of the level cap.

smh, yeah when you are in a group sometimes your plans get altered. Won’t be able to play for a couple of days so hopefully by the time I come back they will be ready for the questing to begin.

Sotd Fights while Storm is awesome 🙂 especially if you use a broadsider And no Boring backloader. 

Ok, so the galleon is built(sorry boomer) you know the whole group thing 🙄 I can’t get online for one day and then whoop there it is! 

Evidently because of our tribe size we are going to get 3 small islands in 3 different biomes(yes me idea) and then after that we will be exploring. Already calculated the cost for 3 15 point islands and we have enough gold to put into all of them(once we decide) for 55 days.

things are going slightly off script but once the dp grinding begins I am sure it will be epic.

ill keep everyone updated. Btw, the bear with the cart and a storage box is working wonders. Loving that weight differential 

You can do both, having a boat to sail the world and have a base.

Being able to teleport between beds means for example you can grind, tame, quest with your mates at the base, then when you are on on your own you can teleport to your DP exploration ship and explore an island or two.

7 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

You can do both, having a boat to sail the world and have a base.

Being able to teleport between beds means for example you can grind, tame, quest with your mates at the base, then when you are on on your own you can teleport to your DP exploration ship and explore an island or two.

Very true. And pretty soon they are going to have to go discovering anyways once we hit 51 😂 still got a bit to go on 42 right now.

the galleon in an awesome ship. My buddies already have some ideas on designing it

Ok so I got to finally do a few hours of exploring yesterday and so far yesterday was the best time I have had. Finally got them into discovery points and I have to admit, sailing is the best part of the game.

to be honest I was start to think the game sucked but that was mainly because I didn’t have enough time to play and felt like I wasn’t getting anything done.

i don’t see sailing being boring in the slightest. It only takes a few minutes to get to each island and then 20 max to get to the next grid. 

I get the whole blue shield thing, but I would like to suggest that the landfall discovery points stay blue but change the smaller discovery points to red shields or some other color. A lot of times I would think I would see a discovery point, just to find out is was the other island behind the one I was on. That would be a good QoL change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how do I switch between global/company/local chat on Xbox. I go to the chat window and have been pressing buttons but can’t switch it

push more buttons harder! haha not sure. cant help, sorry.

glad you are having fun sailing. they really did an amazing job with the water. dont let all the barbie dreamhouse, my little pony farmers fool you. this is an amazing sailing game. it just needs more wench love and less fury costume dress up goat lover land lubber attention.

• Like 1

Well if pyrates only ever sailed, providence and nassau would never have existed, they had to have some safe ports and towns to spend and trade.

Edited by Whitehawk

1 hour ago, IX HOUSERXI said:

Lb + the 2 box button then use lb and the 3 lines button

Very cool, I’ll make sure to try that when I get back on 👍

Ok so we have two mythical shipyard blueprints with different durability percentages. 

my question is does the durability affect the ship level or is it just the rarity like being mythical or master work that affect ship level?

the ship max level goes up with higher durability, with the max level ship needing something like 224%.

Not sure of the maths but I'm sure someone will post them.

40 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

the ship max level goes up with higher durability, with the max level ship needing something like 224%.

Not sure of the maths but I'm sure someone will post them.

Cool thanks 👍 

damn 10% extra durability makes it way more expensive lol

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Where is the fountain of youth currently?

on all of the ruins , go to any of them , this was changed a long time ago 

6 minutes ago, UDO said:

on all of the ruins , go to any of them , this was changed a long time ago 

Very cool. I was pretty sure but wasn’t very sure. Thanks 👍

bring yer best pair of brown pants!

*if doing with friends you might want multiple / extra beds to respawn.

good luck!

27 minutes ago, MOTIK said:

bring yer best pair of brown pants!

*if doing with friends you might want multiple / extra beds to respawn.

good luck!

Yeah I got it. Wow I did poop a little lmao.

there was a ridiculous amount of different species and way high levels in that cave. Like wtf? Lol

after I got it I spent an extra 30 minutes or so making all of the animals fall down the bridge to help others get it.

teamwork makes the dream work. I don’t wait for others to get the job done. I just “get some” 👍

hell of a ride though. Can’t wait till I do the actual powerstones 😂

Edited by Realist

i did it solo first time and lost a boat to fire.

so , when friends wanted to go i convinced them that the very best of methods was to park off shore and launch them inland via shipboard catapult....

face hurt from laughing so hard.

• Haha 1