Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Realist’s thread

I don’t see the point of this thread if you’re only asking stuff you can very easily look up on the atlas wiki. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I don’t see the point of this thread if you’re only asking stuff you can very easily look up on the atlas wiki. 

If you like I can make a thread every time I want to have a discussion, would that be better?

Just now, Realist said:

If you like I can make a thread every time I want to have a discussion, would that be better?

For a discussions you can make the amount of threads you want. But asking stuff you look up faster than writing it here, is pretty stupid. That’s all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Percieval said:

For a discussions you can make the amount of threads you want. But asking stuff you look up faster than writing it here, is pretty stupid. That’s all. 

Not really. Most of the stuff I look up is outdated and from like January, no no this would probably be quicker

37 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not really. Most of the stuff I look up is outdated and from like January, no no this would probably be quicker

You mean things like seeds and the points? If you want to ask stuff about mechanics or difficult stuff, be my guest. 

• Like 1

Hey don't forget fishing gives gold every catch as well as fish, it's not a lot but it will buy you your first npc crew member. It's also really relaxing too.

13 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Only because you have fun playing doesnt mean others can enjoy it. Still playing other games Daily And having alot of fun. 

see? your words are so empty of meaning that if you turn them 180 degrees they still hold, just as lacking of content as a blank paper sheet.

Ok here is a question I can’t find on wiki the forums or google. As far as shipyard quality goes how much does each rarity raise the max ship level by?

going to build a legendary large shipyard 

Max level of ships is based off the dura of the shipyard. 20% - a 120% shipyard will give the same as a common shipyard (42). 140% will give two extra levels (44) so each 10% gives one extra level, shipyard to give max level ships would be 231% (52)

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It used to be, so not sure if it’s still the same: 

41 stock, 42 fine, journey 43, master 44, legendary 45, mythical 50. Each 10% gives 1 extra level.

Ah 💩 I thought it was more levels than that

39 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Max level of ships is based off the dura of the shipyard. 20% - a 120% shipyard will give the same as a common shipyard (42). 140% will give two extra levels (44) so each 10% gives one extra level, shipyard to give max level ships would be 231% (52)

So if my legendary shipyard is 120% it is basically worthless?

3 minutes ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

can't we just have a special containment board for you, so you don't just spam the forums up with your circlejerk nonsense?

right now he is more on topic for this forums than you thats for sure, so what color do you want you containment unit?

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

can't we just have a special containment board for you, so you don't just spam the forums up with your circlejerk nonsense?

What are you talking about. How am I spamming the forums? 🙄 this is one thread I am posting in. Spamming the forums would be making multiple threads. Do you even know what spam is?

you made yourself look pretty stupid on this one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

So if my legendary shipyard is 120% it is basically worthless?

as most of the game sadly, have you got your end game bow yet? 😄

8 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

as most of the game sadly, have you got your end game bow yet? 😄

Nah, still not rushing things, just figured the legendary shipyard would be worth it. That’s a bummer lol

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nah, still not rushing things, just figured the legendary shipyard would be worth it. That’s a bummer lol

thats cool, enjoy the trip 😀

Just now, The D Legacy said:

thats cool, enjoy the trip 😀

Yeah. Having fun with the sailing right now. One buddy is driving and me and another buddy are on the two sails. Just went through a storm. There was like 30 damn tornadoes we had to go through lol

Man, those storms are crazy, you see 3 cyclones, but then you don’t realize there are a lot more after that, you just keep seeing more and more while you are trying to get to land.

yeah decided on the galleon. Just not enough room for tames on a schooner and definitely not enough weight. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can’t start doing the whole trading thing. Once we get the galleon that will be our long time nomadic home. 

Wont be truly settling on land for at least a month or so. Even though I love building, I am getting a big kick out of this whole sailing thing. Better than sea of thieves in my opinion. The sharks have managed to piss me off a couple of times but that is only because the swimming makes it hard to access the inventory before I get my ass chewed up.

i do have one suggestion I would like to add @Jatheish I totally get the whole only being able to equip one weapon at a time, but I don’t think that the shovel should apply to that. It isn’t a difficulty thing. It is more a ok I killed the AoTD and now I have to go back and equip the shovel kind of thing. More QoL then anything.

other than that, no problems whatsoever and the game is awesome 👍

very surprised. Good job guys 👍 

@Realist

if you plan to live nomadic you may want to check the offline ship bug.

if a friend logs off on your ship and you change grids it used to leave them behind so they would log into the middle of the ocean at previous gridline.

2 minutes ago, MOTIK said:

@Realist

if you plan to live nomadic you may want to check the offline ship bug.

if a friend logs off on your ship and you change grids it used to leave them behind so they would log into the middle of the ocean at previous gridline.

Lmao. Yeah that totally happened to me this morning lol.

luckily because of my time with ark I always get butt naked before I log off.

i think even if they fix the bug I will always do that.

thank you though. That didn’t happen on the first day but it did this morning. I said “thank god I took all my 💩 off”

haha friends and I never played ark so it was a big surprise!

next day we had to build a "coat room" for everybody to log off in.

easy fix but, still annoying.

how is your discovery grind going?

20 minutes ago, MOTIK said:

haha friends and I never played ark so it was a big surprise!

next day we had to build a "coat room" for everybody to log off in.

easy fix but, still annoying.

how is your discovery grind going?

It is not going that well actually. Once we started and got the taming going and got the schooner going we realized the schooner isn’t going to do the job for our journey. We are skipping the brig because it isn’t worth it to us and going for a gally.

i just can’t do the schooner. It’s cool and all but I am still a grinder and I need the 4 cargo boxes. It just wasn’t working with the 1 we had(had a dingy. Man, that dingy is fucking fun). By the way even without the dingy 2 wouldn’t have been enough.

to be honest I think the speed is fine I might just put weight sails on the gally and load the fuc&@! up! I literally can’t help it but to grind. If I get to a new island and see there are new resources I need at least a couple thousand(at least). It’s a gift and a curse. I am trying to break myself of that but it’s a day by day basis with that.

i don’t mind going slow but I do mind missing something I will need later.

#grinderproblems

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah. Having fun with the sailing right now. One buddy is driving and me and another buddy are on the two sails. Just went through a storm. There was like 30 damn tornadoes we had to go through lol

the most fun first time experience is finding that type of weather while fighting another ship(SotD or player), it gives it a very movie like feeling, i would dare to say that was the first time (and probably the last) that i had fun with the ocean content in this game,then they nerfed the tornados... yes even the fucking tornados got nerfed (mostly because this is not a survival game but rather a pillow fight) so you should definetly give it a try before they nerf tornados again, just imagine they deal tons of damage to the ship (wich is not the case)  and play along with that.