Jatheish

Xbox Framerate Bug / Framerate Degradation

Hey guys,

We're currently investigating the issue where Xbox Frames can be incredibly poor and makes the game stutter. What would help us narrow down the cause and get to certain fix is gathering more information about why this problem happens, so if you're experiencing the extreme stuttering if you could please fill out the information below, that would be incredibly helpful.

What Xbox are you using?

- Xbox One

- Xbox One S

- Xbox One X

Do you have ATLAS installed on an Internal or External Drive?

- Internal

- Internal and External (game is on Internal)

- Internal and External (game is on External)

What game mode are you experiencing the issue in?

- Single Player

- Official Servers

- Non Dedicated (Host)

- Non Dedicated (Client)

- More than 1: please specify

- All

Have any of these workarounds resolved the issue for you?

Workaround 1:

Hit the dashboard button
Quit the ATLAS application
Relaunch it

Workaround 2:

Hit the dashboard button
Restart the console
Relaunch ATLAS

Workaround 3:

Moving the game to an internal hard drive

Workaround 4: 

Under Preferences: Capture and share:  Allow game capture: Don't Capture.

Workaround 5:

Clear your Xbox Cache (guide on how to clear the cache)

This isn't a bug we've ever experienced on our side so we'd like to get to the bottom of it as soon as possible. Any information you're able to provide will be very helpful.

Thank you very much Pathfinders!

Xbox One X

internal install 

1 and 2 fixes it. Lasts about 10-15 min and frame rate drops and beyond 20 can’t be more than 4-5 FPS at most. 

I have not tried 4.  I have cleared cash and that does it. But again, it comes back in 10-15 min. I did 4 now, but will test it tomorrow. Tired. 

*Edited* 10-10/19 - Since I can't not make a new reply, I'll amend what you have requested here.  I do have an internal AND external hard drive.  The External Hard drive is an SSD.  I only installed the exam on the internal drive as the external is for my child. 

OF NOTE! When I was playing in the starter Freeport zone the game worked fine.  I mean, I would have liked to seen a better frame rate, but generally speaking, I was completely content and not annoyed.  When me and my crew set sail out of the free port, all was fine.  I changed from one zone (server) to another on the high seas, fine.  And when I went to the 3rd zone (server) I noticed a frame rate start to drop.  It wasn't until I sat foot on the land we intended to colonize that we all started to notice this framerate drop.  I played in the Freeport area for a solid 3-4 hours w/o this drop, sailed about 35-40 minutes with no problems.  The framerate drop hit me, lol, I know the EXACT moment it hit me, we were about to make landfall and the weather went bed and we had a bunch of cyclones hit us.  While it was cool to see, and annoying, that was the moment I noticed the framerate drop.  Now my first reaction was maybe it was a GPU issue.  However, as soon as the storm passed and I jumped on land, the framerate stayed that bad (3-5 FPS if I had to guess).  After I restarted, all was ok (say 25-30 FPS). But after about 10 min it started to drop and around 20 min, it was at time 1-3 FPS. It reminded me of an issue I saw on Ark back in the day.  I want to think it was a memory issue then, and the RAM (or something) wasn't working correctly.  Speed testing my Xbox, internet, I am at a solid consistent 50-60 Mbps download and 20-30 Mbps upload. 

I am also on Comcast, which presented its own problems.  At first, I couldn't see the official servers because Comcast's "Advanced Xfi Protection" was blocking all protocals coming in to my xbox from you guys.  It flagged it as an Attack.  After I resolved this issue myself (which I KNOW other people playing on your server are having this issue), it was simply allowing those strings from Comcast through the XFi app.  Now this did NOT affect my lag issue, as I had no problems the first 3 hours or so in the Freeport.  For anyone who expresses this issue, and has Comcast, let them know the XFi is BLOCKING official server requests coming in and they need to be enabled.  This includes the news highlights when the game boots up before server selection.  Just FYI.

I would have added this at the bottom, but apparently you can't post anymore than 2 posts a day and I exceeded that posting this here and trying to help someone with the above Comcast issue. Kind of a bad feature, when someone is trying to help people.

Edited by StalkingWolf

1 minute ago, StalkingWolf said:

Xbox One X

internal install 

1 and 2 fixes it. Lasts about 10-15 min and frame rate drops and beyond 20 can’t be more than 4-5 FPS at most. 

I have not tried 4 or 5 yet. 

So you do not own an external hard drive at all right?

I've added another question about game mode

We do have some fixes in the pipeline which could resolve this issue (it would go out in the next client update which hopefully will be this week), however, we won't know for sure until we can reproduce the issue on our end.

1 minute ago, Scarlet_Ghost said:

Xbox One X

Internal Install

Single Player and Official

Workaround 2 & 4 seem to be working best for me

Question, do you have an external HD at all? 

Xbox one

Internal storage

Pvp eu official

Star great but pass a little time and star the frame rate. It will fix it for a few minutes reset the game to dashboard and start again but is not a long last solution and on 3 person it's less lagi

Xbox one X

internal, was previously on external 

single player and public, Non dedicated wont start up because it crashes every time

2 works after a couple resets

Xbox One X. 

internal and external. Game is on internal. I tried switching to the ED and that didn’t work. 

official servers. 

I tried all the work arounds. They worked for ten or so minutes and then stopped working. 

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

What Xbox are you using?

- Xbox One X

- Internal

- Official Servers

Workaround 1:

Hit the dashboard button
Relaunch it

Worked briefly

Workaround 2:

Hit the dashboard button
Restart the console
Relaunch ATLAS

Worked briefly some times and worked for much longer other times. 

Workaround 3:

Moving the game to an internal hard drive

NA

Workaround 4: 

Not tried 

Workaround 5:

Not tried

I’m playing Xbox one and I have internal hard drive the issue is on official servers I’ve tried all 3 and they work for a time but the issue still  Persists 

Question, do you have an external HD at all? 

I just played for about 3 or 4 hrs, had horrible frame rates around the port, but once I left the port island, the frame rates got normal, it ran smooth the rest of the night, I made it to an island and placed a bed and had my buddy spawn on it, and he also had normal frame rates after leaving the port area. I'm on the one x and he's on the regular xbox, were both on external harddrive. I tried moving it to the internal earlier and it done no good, but now that we're away from the port, it's working fine.

So I’ve tried on both a normal Xbox one and an  Xbox one X.

Game is on an external. Might try tonight putting it on my internal.

This is for single player and offical.

On normal Xbox it is unplayable no matter what workarounds I try.

On Xbox one x, restarting game and consol gives me around 5 minutes play time before I have to do it again.

Xbox one X

Tired internal and external

Played official and solo

Have done hard resets, just quitting and resetting the game. Cleared cache

and started up another random game then tried it again (this has worked for other games I have played)

Can't play any longer than five minutes before the game is unplayable.

The game was fine for me yesterday not frame rate problems. But today I have all the frame rates problems

What Xbox are you using?

- Xbox One X 

- Internal

- Internal and External (game is on Internal)

Tried all options even disconnected the external to see what happened. No fix unfortunately.

- All

None of the work arounds have been a fix. Its all 5 - 10 mins then back to square one. 

Xbox One X

Tried both Internal and External but issue is the same regardless (You asked me to swap on Twitter yesterday)

FPS drops

All work around a work for just a couple of minutes before deteriorating again

Same issue as most here

Xbox One X

Internal HD

ok for 10-15 minutes then framerate drops to what can only be described as a slide show 4-5 fps, tried all advised solutions to no avail. As it stands the game is unplayable after 10 minutes or so

UPDATE: I have found a possible cause or at least a repeatable way to stop the framerate issue or cause it to reoccur.

While chatting in party with friends tonight they mentioned being in an xbox party causes issues while playing the game. I was skeptical and wanted to try playing singleplayer vs. on an official server to see if there was any difference first. There was no difference between official server or singleplayer the framerate is horrendous in singleplayer all the time while in an xbox party.

However if I leave my xbox party the framerate issue immediately goes away and I have maximum performance. I go back into an xbox party and the framerate issue happens again. I am going to try and disable the party chat overlay and see if this changes anything as I use the overlay to see who is talking in party chat. I'll update this post further when I run this test since I can't create any more replies or new posts for the day today which is extremely limiting... 😤

What Xbox are you using?

- Xbox One X

- Official Servers

Workaround 1:

Woks for anywhere from 5-15 mins before the framerate drops out again.

Workaround 2:

Works for anywhere from 5-15 mins before it does it again.

Workaround 3:

Have not tried moving to internal drive

Workaround 4: 

Have not tried yet, but will today later on

Workaround 5:

Did this last night and it had the same effect as a console restart. It lasted about 10 mins before the framerate dropped again.

Edited by SavedByGrace979
Added results from further testing.

So This is Not Really To Report but should Help You Guys Out. So I have a xbox one x game is installed to an external ssd 3.1 game run smooth with no issues EXCEPT when traveling to a new island the island is still rendering.

My Friend However xbox one x installed on internal harddrive.he dod the recommended fixes in the morning worked perfectly. but when he got on at night the fixes didnt help still laggy etc etc.. he got so mad got off and played another game.

or it could simple be internet... idk honestly I have 1g/1g my fried has 400/400

Hope That Will Help You Guys Out 

Edited by AyShifty

Xbox One X / External HDD Install

NA Kraken PVP & EU Shark PVP Servers 

Had no issues at all last night, until tonight. I played and it was fine, put on another game tonight then came back to Atlas and the frame rate is around 10 or less at best. 

Its bad on both PVP servers. I have hard reset and reset to no joy. I haven’t tried to clear cache yet. 

Is there anywhere I can send videos to?

thanks 

1 hour ago, AyShifty said:

So This is Not Really To Report but should Help You Guys Out. So I have a xbox one x game is installed to an external ssd 3.1 game run smooth with no issues EXCEPT when traveling to a new island the island is still rendering.

My Friend However xbox one x installed on internal harddrive.he dod the recommended fixes in the morning worked perfectly. but when he got on at night the fixes didnt help still laggy etc etc.. he got so mad got off and played another game.

or it could simple be internet... idk honestly I have 1g/1g my fried has 400/400

Hope That Will Help You Guys Out 

I can assure you it has absolutely zero to do with anyone's internet connection. When there's an issue with connection you will get issues like rubber banding, where the client side thinks the player character is one place but the server hasn't received data to update the players location and it bounces them back a ways etc. Frame rate issues are almost always (there's exceptions of course) local issues.

I'm going to guess this is some sort of graphical memory leak. I'm just guessing here though. I'm hoping the developers can find a fix soon because I would like to get some serious play time on this game.

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace979 said:

I can assure you it has absolutely zero to do with anyone's internet connection. When there's an issue with connection you will get issues like rubber banding, where the client side thinks the player character is one place but the server hasn't received data to update the players location and it bounces them back a ways etc. Frame rate issues are almost always (there's exceptions of course) local issues.

I'm going to guess this is some sort of graphical memory leak. I'm just guessing here though. I'm hoping the developers can find a fix soon because I would like to get some serious play time on this game.

that is true... idk I play on xbox and pc never had an issue with anything even in the early stages of atlas... idk... sucks cause my friend gets crazy mad at the game but when it works for him he loves it

Xbox x

internal

both pve official na and single player

Me and my brother were playing together with some friends and we have our Xbox’s in the same room.. his was working fantastic but mine was loosing framrate as time went by and eventually was unplayable.. I read a post that said some guy joined it while in a party with 12+ people and the game lagged a ton but when joining while not in a party it worked fine.. me, my brother and my friend all left the party and joined the server, then just back in a party and the game ran super good, we all could play fine for hours until we went to bed

Edited by Moist poultry