Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Xbox controller nightmare

Ok guys the game is playing fine for me so far, but why for all reasons sake didn't you keep the controller config from the pc version? I cant seem to zoom in and out, maybe that's been removed if so why? and I have no idea which buttons now replace left and right click, which is ironic cos my controller doesn't seem to know either. You are not seriously telling me you tested this and it was the best option? It worked fine on the pc, why did you have to totally change it? By the way there are a myriad of probs with this controller set up I just can't be bothered to name them all.

Edited by Whitehawk

I don’t have an XBOX, but when I played ARK on the PS4 the controls seemed fine, and I would have expected them to be at least similar for Atlas.

On the PC version, if you go into the settings you can see all of the bindings, and I believe that you change them as you see fit. I’m fine with the default keyboard and mouse bindings, but I’ve seen some YouTubers with different keys show up for prompts.

If you can’t change them, then your best bet is to list the issues you have with them, probably in the big reports, and give your reasoning for why you believe it should be changed. You need to give them more information than basically just “fix it”.

I have been playing the pc version with an xbox controller since they launched the game. I have just bought the xbox version too. However the controls are now ridiculous, They had it perfect just before the wipe and I told them. If it aint broken it don't need fixin. Also the FOV is a total pain in the butt. my character now has the feet cut off and I cant see if I'm being hit from behind until it's happened. I certainly wpuldn't pvp with the xbox now, not on land anyway. At sea it's the same as always apart from the addition of insane radial menus for everything even quick map.

Edited by Whitehawk

im on pc and use a controler I hate the radial menus for quick map omg go back to simple select button for quick map plz!

TBH I can get used to the controller, and I still think this is a brilliant game, But I hope the give us a decent FOV option.

21 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Ok guys the game is playing fine for me so far, but why for all reasons sake didn't you keep the controller config from the pc version? I cant seem to zoom in and out, maybe that's been removed if so why? and I have no idea which buttons now replace left and right click, which is ironic cos my controller doesn't seem to know either. You are not seriously telling me you tested this and it was the best option? It worked fine on the pc, why did you have to totally change it? By the way there are a myriad of probs with this controller set up I just can't be bothered to name them all.

So,  because you don't know the controls they're garbage? Lol. Why don't you take 10 seconds and look up the control scheme.

You can definitely zoom in and everything else you can do on PC.

Stop being lazy, kid. 

Iv'e been playing with a controller on the pc version since release, so why don't you stop being lazy and read my posts. Oh and i'm old enough to be a grandad, Kid.

Edited by Whitehawk