Sign in to follow this  
Broken

Land Claim Stealing?!

Why was someone able to take all of my buildings, tames, ships, beds, literally everything from me and claim it as theirs? I am the only one in my company so I know that no one gave it to them, and I had literally only been offline for like 6 hours. Their claim flag is even in the exact same spot as mine was so how'd they even plant it there?

Am I missing something or is this just an awful mechanic of the game?

Please help because if this is a mechanic I'm done with this game and I was enjoying it.

• Like 1

I think the new 'inactive 3 day timer' doesn't work at all or at least not as intended.

I had a land claim flag at a spot I've been to twice since the new patch and it was stolen today.  Didn't like the island was going to spawn back at my ship there and unclaim it anyways but when I saw the land claim is being contested pop up (while I was online) I just let it go through, and it may have not even taken more then 10 minutes for it to be stolen from when the notification of contested showed up.  

• Like 1

None of it is working atm for the 3 day timer. People can still challenge claims of yours and take them easier now because it is only a 10 to 30 minute wait.   And even if their timer runs out, their claim flag will not disappear. 

20181227201425_1.thumb.jpg.4c6aab52694ab7cd33ef7fb56e591d6e.jpg

Edited by ArchieVision
  • Like 1

It's just ridiculous. People can put in so much time to have it all thrown away by not being on for 30-60 min.  Why would I ever want to progress if this is the case? 

• Like 1

sorry dude. I just uninstalled the game a few ago. i wont get a refund with the binge playing I did the last few days. maybe I can get a private server someday. much of the game can be cool. i like building ships supplies and sailing for discovery and maps. its all fun. standing near flags to not lose your base then sleeping in real life and losing your base/ship blows.

thanks Arch but I am done. It just broke my will to lose my ship that took most of a day and a half to build with 2 people. not to mention stocking and what not.

• Like 1

Hey Archie I have a secondary character on NA PVE. IDK if the offer was for all of us or just Merlin, but I would like to take you up on it if possible

Here's another problem....

If you joined a guild, and built yourself a boat or house, they can kick you and keep all of your hard work. It's bound to the guild, not the player.

2 minutes ago, Stabby said:

Here's another problem....

If you joined a guild, and built yourself a boat or house, they can kick you and keep all of your hard work. It's bound to the guild, not the player.

correct me if i'm wrong but in the governance tab of company you can actually say who owns what, so I believe as long as it's "personal owned" set it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

EU PvE here, same happened last night to us, around half of our land was taken, seems the 3 day thing is only working sometimes on new flags not old ones... due to all the enemy flag overlapping now we cant even replace the flags... for 8 people we will have around 4 flags worth of area... yay!

• Sad 1

If stuff like this happens then there is literally no reason to play now.

• Like 1

I just replaced an old claim flag with a new one.. someone was still able to place their own next to it... the system is broken

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Evendar said:

correct me if i'm wrong but in the governance tab of company you can actually say who owns what, so I believe as long as it's "personal owned" set it shouldn't be an issue.

take it from an ark player where theres a will theres a way. Gov system sucks all a tribemate had to do was enrage our giga and it killed everything. Thats ark atlas has its own ways of screwing up the gov system.

2 hours ago, Loni said:

If stuff like this happens then there is literally no reason to play now.

100% agree cant build a land base someone will steal it. Apparently the ghost ships dont attack anchor ships anymore but what good is that if they already blew your ship apart before recent patch. So what build a new ship where lawless with faster decay speed. But the devs our on top of it. Thats a joke and a half.

I want to know how theyll reimburse the players that lost huge to there actions. As far as roll backs or server wipes go.

It'd seem a Chinese mega-guild claimed the entire neighbouring island and booted off the original residents on NA PvE this morning (Then fillled zone chat with 'fuck you' when people objected), something is DEFINITELY broken with the claim system right now in a very bad way.

Edited by RyuujinZERO

At the moment on the PVE NA servers. We're having the same problem - it seems like the old flags are under the old rules system and we're currently losing land.

If the owner who planted the flag doesn't walk on the claimed land it can be taken. Not the COMPANY MEMBERS but the person who planted the flag? WTH kind of logic is that if you leave a company all items you own stay with the company why in all things holy would that mean flags should work differently? 

11 hours ago, merlinpaladin said:

same thing happened to me. over 76 hours of gameplay lost. I cant even steal my claim back... NA PVE

Same here. EU PvE. Claim stolen while I slept. I'm done with this stage of EA for Atlas until this is fixed. It's pointless to continue farming and building up for someone to steal once I go to bed.