Sign in to follow this  
Sau

Bow does zerzo damage to damned

my bow does no damage at all. yes i hit them but the lose no health. spear works but its too hard with spear

help why

• Like 1

So best way would get some lvls and get Basic taming and tier 2 riding then tame a bear and make saddle and do it. Or bring lots people With melee weapons. 

no i want to solo but its super hard me vs 10 mobs without bow. WORST CHANGE IN HISTORY

1 minute ago, Sau said:

no i want to solo but its super hard me vs 10 mobs without bow. WORST CHANGE IN HISTORY

Yes... so you need to tame something... just tame a high level pig. It’ll do the trick. 

Or craft a platemail, a sword or 2handed mace and drink some alcohol before the fight, its how I did and worked fine for soloing, no tames and no friends required.

• Like 1

Whats really annoying is that cart mounted swivel guns, cannons and exploding barrels and so forth also don't work and npc crew can not equip guns to fight them.
Its very artificial. I'm half expecting them to say their immune to all forms of damage except punching them.

5 hours ago, Sau said:

my bow does no damage at all. yes i hit them but the lose no health. spear works but its too hard with spear

help why

5 hours ago, Ost3fabrikk3n said:

Because they made so it's only tame and melee weapons that works on them. 

welcome to ATLAS

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

While the previous complaints are all valid, the easiest way to kill SoD is to tame a bear (you'll need them for everything else so it should be one of the first things you do after building a basic base) and attack them with it.  Bears make quick work of them so a single person can run most maps found in the game. 

I have seen solo players take the lower end ones out with a handful of tamed pigs more than a few times 😛 YOU can NOT cheese them with Bows though, use to at first but, they removed it. Lower end ones are actually doable solo w/out bear.. upper end ones are doable in a group with melee/shields and some opt for a grenade round, opener.  but, bears are usually the easiest.  They are not an easy fight without. I consider myself a decent player, I do most of my stuff solo but, I even use a bear for the treasure chests, makes me concerned that they are going to take that (ability to do it with a bear) away because, as a solo (SP or not) I do no see being able to do anything but the lower grade chests then.. unless they add change something so to be able still..  I have gotten to the point of finding it fun to just run up and do a punch and run game with the lil guys.. I have done many chest solo lol but, eh.. no way could do the upper ones solo without the bear.. (but would be fine with another option, not attached to a bear meta, just use it as a need to do thing, currently.)

Do agree that the Bear is the most used beast in the game, it is used to assist in many aspects of the gameplay, gathering, chests, yeti, hauling, cart antics, basic protection vs wildlife. It is usually the only beast I will always go and get and have at hand. Others, like cat, can help with chest as well but, again, it is not useful or as useful for the other things  I have listed. heh.

Edited by Liatni

I really hope the fix/update the AotD. 

I think I understand the reason they "changed" it but it's near impossible unless you bring a large tamed animal army

Although the devs have arguably made many questionable decisions, this is perhaps the most  ridiculous decisions they have made.

Why??

Historically.. the devs repeatedly said that they didn’t want tames to be at the core of the game.

yet they make AOD immune to anything other than Melee and Tames!! Admittedly, it was done to prevent an exploit of AOD being used to level ships super quickly, but of all the possible workable solutions that were suggested, we get this absolute “WTF were they thinking” solution to a problem!! Because You’re not doing a masterwork map anytime soon with a shield and a sword!! 

Grapeshot have a bad habit of shooting themselves in the foot. Myself, and many others enjoyed finding creative and fun ways to do maps, like fencing them in and using oil jars and other creative options involving the tools at our disposal, now it’s just “bring a bear”.

but even before the AOD patch, many useful weapons and equipment items were nerfed into obsolescence due to “PVP balancing”

its not the first time an unintentional method of gameplay has been a huge hit with the community only to be removed by grapeshot. 

Like scavenging, it was a fun way of life in the game and I met a few players who also devoted much of their time hunting for and utilising abandoned bases, this was killed by auto demolition. 

• Like 1

I'm afraid they still believe in their messed up melee system. I'm always amazed how one can make an Ark so much worse. The melee system there is not nearly as gruesome as in Atlas.

But I think you do not listen to their players anyway and many have already scared off them with their choices. Too bad that the developers do not realize that some of the developments in this game clearly go in the wrong direction.

I just use my pet dragon, can do multiple maps at the same time,  Dragon is also good for taking out SODs, just takes along time to burn them down though, at least some of them. Have to sit hovering for long periods of time to rebuild stamina sometimes, but still doable. Don't even need a ship if you have a dragon..haha, but I have a brig outfitted with a platform on top for the dragon to sit on while I am sailing around. I thought of just using a Schooner or Sloop and just have the dragon follow me everywhere I go, but it only works if you stay in the same grid, dragon won't follow if you port, it has to be on the ship to port with you. So the Brig has plenty of space to cart around the dragon......

• Haha 1