Excelex

FPS fix for console.

1080p Refresh rate  120 hz 

video mode: Allow Variable refresh rate

Under Preferences: Capture and share:  Allow game capture: Don't Capture.

IN GAME TURN OFF V SYNC!

Turn OFF MENU MUSIC and INGAME MUSIC 

Fixed the fps lag for me. 

Edited by Excelex
  • Thanks 1

First 5 hours was buttery smooth. Since I went out to sea, the game is absolutely unplayable. I’m having to press buttons 5 or 6 times for it to register. Double pressing to craft/move items is literally impossible. 

Clearing cache worked the first time, now it does nothing.

Conpletely broken

Edited by L1QuiD

2 hours ago, L1QuiD said:

Conpletely broken

No Game Preview.

It's never going to work like AAA Titles.

People expect to much and then are totally disappointed due to that 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Confused 1

Instead of stupid comments can we get people to try this fix and report on results?  It would be much more constructive and allow the devs to zero in on the causes of these issues. 

Have you got the same settings system on the xbox menu as pc? cos if you have you should be able to adjust the sliders enough to cut down the lag. I had to do loads of readjusting in my pc version, I'm still waiting for the xbox version to download, if I find any answers i'll post them here.

Edited by Whitehawk

40 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Have you got the same settings system on the xbox menu as pc? cos if you have you should be able to adjust the sliders enough to cut down the lag.

It’s the exact same case with Ark, so no.

They shoulda given the console version the same amount of adjustment settings, considering it has to go through xbox live and it's also crossplay.

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Instead of stupid comments can we get people to try this fix and report on results?  It would be much more constructive and allow the devs to zero in on the causes of these issues. 

The Devs are the cause of the issues. 

The game has problems running on most peoples PCs, and they ported it over to a console with less dedicated resources to run it, and you're all like "Well lets be constructive and allow them time to fix the problems they havent even fixed on the native platform on this brand spanking new platform"

Yeah no. I'm not jumping on that train of hope, because we know it ends at the Tears and Sadness station.

This is the direct result of an 2017ish Ark Expansion turned into a standalone, that released to a mountain of issues that still havent even been resolved/touched before their cash flow abruptly disappeared due to the massive amount of negative feedback from their customer base, so their solution to this problem? LETS PORT IT TO CONSOLE INSTEAD OF FIXING THE PROBLEMS!

Yall jumped on the hype train and didnt do your research, got what ya paid for eh.

This thread is about FPS issues and a possible fix.  If you want to write a blog about your personal crusade against this development project take it to Twitter.  I couldn't give two shits about your opinion. 

Alternatively, this is the 'General Discussion', they can take this to Bugs and Reports or Feedback and Suggestions where it ought to be right? Would be a darn shame if someone had a General Discussion up in here....

There are people who will sit through a 2 and half hour film on their tv's then endlessly complain about it afterwards. Then there are people who will start to watch something, decide they don't like it and either switch channel or switch off the tv.

So much potential but it really is un-playable for me on the Xbox. A lil lag is cool but this is slideshow at its worst! Any more tips on how to fix frame rate would be appreciated as I really do want to play the game but right now it's close to un install time 😢

• Haha 1