Sign in to follow this  
MightySheep

No penalty for being a naked swarm.

Anyone who has had to deal with this knows how annoying and stupid it is that you can have people who just respawn over and over and plant flags all over your territory. Their beds are in a secure location and they can just harass you for days and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Sure you can kill them repeatedly but you get nothing out of it and they lose nothing. It's the same in PvP they can be a swarm of nakeds with bows and torches and you might be way stronger and take out way more of them but they can keep respawning and your efforts are totally meaningless.

I've also had nakeds running in and out of my territory claim flags in order to spam our whole screen with "your territory claim is being contested" until your screen is full of text and they can keep doing that as long as they want and we cant really stop them because their bed is behind a stone wall spam.

I believe the respawn timer starts compounding pretty high if they spawn in the same area rapidly. 

I think claims should require a minimum "in the zone" timer before it actually contests.

Hopefully they clean up the text when they have time, the midscreen spam is obnoxious

Yes I encountered this same situation tonight spent 8+hrs defending claims from a naked swarm. They initially tried fighting naked with spears and torches, but after 2-3 hrs of killing them off they resorted to just hiding all over claims.  10+ guys literally spent 8+ hrs naked laying in bushes.  It wasn't our main island so unfortunately we didn't have enough logged bodies to protect our claims, so I had to fast travel to that island and run around every 20 mins to reset the timers.  Eventually though I had to log, so expecting to log into all claims except for the few we had bodies in.

Not to beat a dead horse but this in entirely the result of no region lock, I can't understand how someone would spend 8+ hrs of their time doing nothing, let alone get a group of people to do that.  Its solely due to the mentality of the typical Chinese gamer, they don't play games for fun, they play them to min-max regardless of what that requires.  There is a reason EVE does it...

20 hours ago, Ouch said:

Yes I encountered this same situation tonight spent 8+hrs defending claims from a naked swarm. They initially tried fighting naked with spears and torches, but after 2-3 hrs of killing them off they resorted to just hiding all over claims.  10+ guys literally spent 8+ hrs naked laying in bushes.  It wasn't our main island so unfortunately we didn't have enough logged bodies to protect our claims, so I had to fast travel to that island and run around every 20 mins to reset the timers.  Eventually though I had to log, so expecting to log into all claims except for the few we had bodies in.

Not to beat a dead horse but this in entirely the result of no region lock, I can't understand how someone would spend 8+ hrs of their time doing nothing, let alone get a group of people to do that.  Its solely due to the mentality of the typical Chinese gamer, they don't play games for fun, they play them to min-max regardless of what that requires.  There is a reason EVE does it...

You deserve that then, sorry. You shouldn't own numerous claims to begin with especially if you cannot defend them against some nakeds. 

Where are you located btw? 🙃

• Like 4

On 12/28/2018 at 4:46 PM, Simple Simpleton said:

If you cant protect your claim, you have too much land claimed...

This is the number one problem in Atlas right now. People are claiming land just to claim it

On 12/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, MightySheep said:

Anyone who has had to deal with this knows how annoying and stupid it is that you can have people who just respawn over and over and plant flags all over your territory. Their beds are in a secure location and they can just harass you for days and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Sure you can kill them repeatedly but you get nothing out of it and they lose nothing. It's the same in PvP they can be a swarm of nakeds with bows and torches and you might be way stronger and take out way more of them but they can keep respawning and your efforts are totally meaningless.

I've also had nakeds running in and out of my territory claim flags in order to spam our whole screen with "your territory claim is being contested" until your screen is full of text and they can keep doing that as long as they want and we cant really stop them because their bed is behind a stone wall spam.

My suggestion on addressing both nutrition and a death penalty: 

Imo Nutrition should be a measure of your overall wellness, maintaining nutrition increases your wellness while dying or being malnourished reduces your wellness. Having low wellness makes you more susceptible to disease and has a stat penalty. 

Bottom line: You die a bunch, your wellness is in the shitter and you get a stat penalty + easier to catch diseases for more penalties. Makes naked raids counter-intuitive.