Phantomtoes

Patience people!

23 minutes ago, meeko said:

Its funny PPL buy a game that's in beta then complain about the game even thou THE DISCLAMER WHEN YOU BUY THE GAME SAYS there will be wipes of the server and content will change as the game gets released "Patience is part of the game of BETA testing"!!!

Welcome to the forum, the only thing I find funny here is you!  What made you buy this dumpster fire???  Did you do any research???  Are you aware your part of a last ditch  grasp for funds, as next to no content has been put into the game, the only effort for the last several months has been figuring out how to get your money!  Now that you have donated, feel free to enjoy the salt if you can't enjoy the salt then I suggest, "If you don't have anything salty to say don't say nothing at all"  

Now run along little scallywag let the pathfinders talk....

Edited by Sulfurblade

17 minutes ago, meeko said:

Its funny PPL buy a game that's in beta then complain about the game even thou THE DISCLAMER WHEN YOU BUY THE GAME SAYS there will be wipes of the server and content will change as the game gets released "Patience is part of the game of BETA testing"!!!

This isn’t beta testing, it’s Early Access.  When we conflate the two or regard them as interchangeable, we ignore a qualitative difference: money. Beta testers didn’t pay to test, in fact internal beta testers did so because it’s a paid job.Early Access we pay for. 

Now don’t misunderstand me, I’m not suggesting this means people have a right to expect a finished game. What it does mean is that they are now paying customers and do have a right to a higher set of expectations than unpaid beta testers. It is to the gaming industries advantage for players not to notice this meaningful qualitative difference and continue to use the terms interchangeably. It is not to our advantage as players to do so.

Kickstarter and other crowdfunding sites require games funded that way to lay out clear goals and expectations of what backers receive for their donation. Early Access likewise should have clearly set standards and expectations. That will only happen if players stop conflating it with beta and demand a greater level of transparency and accountability in exchange for their money, otherwise gaming studios will be happy to keep right on increasing their revenue without giving us anything in return.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, meeko said:

That doesn't change when it's out of Early Access with Wildcard lol Ark was still a mess when it fully released lol, I stuck for them alot back when Ark was in Early Access then when it fully released and very little was fixed and many new problems had shown up I stopped sticking up for them lol, so I will play Atlas and hopefully enjoy it but I know much more what to expect from these guys this time around and won't stick up for them lol 

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, Realist said:

So an icebox can’t be placed on a boat? I am pretty close to the arctic currently. Haven’t begun the journey yet because the guy that was going to be the ship builder barely got on a couple of hours ago 😂

An icebox can definitely be placed on a boat. Parking in the Arctic overnight will usually rack you up a couple stacks. Tundra probably 1 stack per night. This is before they raised the ice threshold temperature, so your results may vary.

Be careful of the weight though. the ice weighs 1kg apiece, so leave it for a week and you will rack up literally tons of ice. Not recommended for a sloop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

An icebox can definitely be placed on a boat. Parking in the Arctic overnight will usually rack you up a couple stacks. Tundra probably 1 stack per night. This is before they raised the ice threshold temperature, so your results may vary.

Be careful of the weight though. the ice weighs 1kg apiece, so leave it for a week and you will rack up literally tons of ice. Not recommended for a sloop.

Cool thanks for that. I am basically in the tundra area for right now so I’ll try it out.