Phantomtoes

Patience people!

Still got a couple hours till I get to jump on, I've kept myself fairly uneducated on this game outside of the obvious, but I'm more than familiar with Ark I got over 5.5k hours in Ark all in official pvp lol, so Ark without Dinos but there are still animals to tame and breed, still build a base but high focus on ship building and sailing and a different grid map system of sorts that's about where my knowledge ends lol, see what old Ark buddies I can gather to tribe up or Company up lol see where this adventure leads me lol. What's with this comment limit on here seems to hinder the point of these forums.

32 minutes ago, Realist said:

It’s cool. I was being a smartass as well.

quick question. What are the red and black dots on the islands in the map?

I just did a pretty intense close between my last post and this one (20k) sale, so I cant even visualize atm, but I don’t recall red or black dots on the map. Honestly rarely looked at island maps zoomed in that close. Resource nodes maybe?

32 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I just did a pretty intense close between my last post and this one (20k) sale, so I cant even visualize atm, but I don’t recall red or black dots on the map. Honestly rarely looked at island maps zoomed in that close. Resource nodes maybe?

If it is I can’t tell what they are. Spent an hour going to specific spots and couldn’t figure it out. Not just that but I did a google search about them and couldn’t find anything from here or reddit so I am not sure if it is a new thing or not. @Jatheish what’s up with the colored dots on the island maps. I was sure boomer would know.

53 minutes ago, Blizz419 said:

Still got a couple hours till I get to jump on, I've kept myself fairly uneducated on this game outside of the obvious, but I'm more than familiar with Ark I got over 5.5k hours in Ark all in official pvp lol, so Ark without Dinos but there are still animals to tame and breed, still build a base but high focus on ship building and sailing and a different grid map system of sorts that's about where my knowledge ends lol, see what old Ark buddies I can gather to tribe up or Company up lol see where this adventure leads me lol. What's with this comment limit on here seems to hinder the point of these forums.

Dude, tames are minutes and breeding is hours. So damn awesome. Haven’t started the farm yet, but I am mainly survival/beast mastery/cooking/farming

• Like 1

Just smoke a bowl and relish in the equality that the pc gaming master race and xbox players both had to suffer during their exposures to atlas and believing in the most notoriously shady developers in the industry. Welcome to the family, peasants.

OcFH0Qz.png

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

14 minutes ago, FixTheAtlas said:

When ps1 games look & run better than this dumpster fire

14 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Just smoke a bowl and relish in the equality that the pc gaming master race and xbox players both had to suffer during their exposures to atlas and believing in the most notoriously shady developers in the industry. Welcome to the family, peasants.

McRinfp.png

I'm well aware of what I'm in for I played Ark from EA release on Xbox and played it heavy for 3.5 years, this is the norm for Wildcard lol 

• Like 1

Yeh me too, I may be annoyed at some of the changes they made for the xbox version but this is still a damn good game. Most of what people are moaning about is just teething problems through cross platform. It will get sorted.

14 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

icaURtS.png

Except I am not lagging or glitching and to be honest even if I was I wouldn’t care. This is nowhere near as bad as the pc people were making it out to be. Sure it’s 10 months later but there were still a lot of pc guys that were complaining about stuff.

check this. Remember me? The “the vitamin system is stupid” guy?

sure I still think it is stupid lol, but now that I have the highest tier on vitamin deficiency, I just carry around cooked meat with me and don’t have to worry about vitamins for two hours. After that I just go to my preserving drink some milk(got a cow), eat some berries and then eat some potatoes and I am good to go for another 2 hours.

and don’t get me started on the gathering. It is the perfect mix between Conan and ark. Atlas is nowhere near as grindy as ark was, but yet it isn’t as easy as Conan was with their gathering(mainly the encumbrance build that let you walk at normal speed even with max weight). The grinding is awesome here on atlas. Perfect blend.

still haven’t gotten to the sailing yet but I will give my opinion on that later. 

Just now, Whitehawk said:

Yeh me too, I may be annoyed at some of the changes they made for the xbox version but this is still a damn good game. Most of what people are moaning about is just teething problems through cross platform. It will get sorted.

Yeah even the whole time I was here I didn’t complain about them still having bugs because I am fine with that. What I do is criticize decisions they make that I think are stupid. They have made some.

• Like 1

Just get yourself a sloop at a freeport, it's the quickest way to start. It only takes mats to do it.

11 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well some people will find gold in their dirt, and some people will see dirt in their gold.

more like finding corn in your stool.

how many people have even came onto the servers from xbox... 300 people? was waiting 10 months worth it? 

imagine if they had worked on making the game epic BEFORE they released to xbox. we'd be having a different conversation right now.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

22 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Just get yourself a sloop at a freeport, it's the quickest way to start. It only takes mats to do it.

Yeah it took the the guy that was going to be the ship builder to be able to get on we just said screw it and had the mats ready when he got on. The lawless island we went to had everything we needed. A good 15 minute grind and the two of us had all the resources needed. Definitely loving every minute of it.

the journey might start tonight but we might wait till tomorrow since they are all eastern and I am pacific. I’ll just make sure we have everything we need for the start tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

more like finding corn in your stool.

how many people have even came onto the servers from xbox... 300 people? was waiting 10 months worth it? 

imagine if they had worked on making the game epic BEFORE they released to xbox. we'd be having a different conversation right now.

Yeah. It was definitely worth the wait. I see months of fun with this. Though as people have seen on here when I am drinking I tend to get impulsive so the one rule is when everyone else is the eastern time gets offline I cannot sail the ship. 

And that was the rule I set for the company lol it is their responsibility to remind me when they get off. If they forget I will probably ran that damn schooner straight into an island lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah. It was definitely worth the wait. I see months of fun with this. Though as people have seen on here when I am drinking I tend to get impulsive so the one rule is when everyone else is the eastern time gets offline I cannot sail the ship. 

And that was the rule I set for the company lol it is their responsibility to remind me when they get off. If they forget I will probably ran that damn schooner straight into an island lol

oh to be young and fresh again. the wait and lack of direction almost killed it for me. im holding the last of my hope and dreams for this game in the hands of the new lead developer and pray he comes thru and knocks it out of the park. this game needs a real mmo economy and that should be the number 1 priority imo. even ahead of optimising and thats a huge one all in itself.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

30 minutes ago, Blizz419 said:

Wait theres a vitamin system wtf lol

Yes. In a survival game there is a vitamin system. It basically gives eating more depth than just EAT FOODZ.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

oh to be young and fresh again. the wait and lack of direction almost killed it for me. im holding the last of my hope and dreams for this game in the hands of the new lead developer and pray he comes thru and knocks it out of the park. this game needs a real mmo economy and that should be the number 1 priority imo. even ahead of optimising and thats a huge one all in itself.

The biggest problem is you were the main one talking about basically raping Xbox players. If you are as old as you say you are and still acting this way the pasture might be be a good place for you.

even though you ran out of testosterone, I have not, but I would rather use it in constructive means and in the real world.

who knows you might be a nice guy in real life and just an 🍑 in game. I assure you I am the opposite. I respect those that respect me but I have a tendency to fly off the handle(being in public safety has saved my 🍑 a few times). 

If you are waiting for some awesome and brutal pvp experience like your fight club, it simply won’t happen. Your fight club would only exist in a true mmo environment. Unless companies were completely dismantled and nothing but factions existed your dream would never come true.

your dream isn’t part of a sandbox(which I am fine with) but don’t act like that is because it would simply never happen without structure 

28 minutes ago, Realist said:

The biggest problem is you were the main one talking about basically raping Xbox players. If you are as old as you say you are and still acting this way the pasture might be be a good place for you.

even though you ran out of testosterone, I have not, but I would rather use it in constructive means and in the real world.

who knows you might be a nice guy in real life and just an 🍑 in game. I assure you I am the opposite. I respect those that respect me but I have a tendency to fly off the handle(being in public safety has saved my 🍑 a few times). 

If you are waiting for some awesome and brutal pvp experience like your fight club, it simply won’t happen. Your fight club would only exist in a true mmo environment. Unless companies were completely dismantled and nothing but factions existed your dream would never come true.

your dream isn’t part of a sandbox(which I am fine with) but don’t act like that is because it would simply never happen without structure 

i appreciate the rant about peaches, age, testosterone and my old fight club idea but but i was referring to fresh eyes when looking at the game, not my actual age. and an economy that would make this game worthy of long term investment. perhaps you had to many drinks and you're blinded with drunken rage at a viewpoint that is not your own but i too had a sense of wonder and excitement when i first started playing. unfortunately i've been tainted by 10 months of misdirection, bullshit and broken promises.  wft happened to tarot cards?

you weren't there man. you werent there.

also, my dreams i've talked about like the fight pits, automated shipping routes and a real working economy could make this game a successful mmorpg.. you just lack vision my alcoholic friend

18 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i appreciate the rant about peaches, age, testosterone and my old fight club idea but but i was referring to fresh eyes when looking at the game, not my actual age. and an economy that would make this game worthy of long term investment. perhaps you had to many drinks and you're blinded with drunken rage at a viewpoint that is not your own but i too had a sense of wonder and excitement when i first started playing. unfortunately i've been tainted by 10 months of misdirection, bullshit and broken promises.  wft happened to tarot cards?

you weren't there man. you werent there.

also, my dreams i've talked about like the fight pits, automated shipping routes and a real working economy could make this game a successful mmorpg.. you just lack vision my alcoholic friend

Lol this was going to be a good reply right up until the end with the jab. I plan on making NA pve a good trading hub once I am traveling. I am still on my first 24 hours.

your little fight club pen? Yeah 30 minutes. You complain about the first 10 months because you expected something and you didn’t get it. Quit being entitled. I saw you from the beginning asking for a lot. I am not asking for 💩. I am appreciating what I have. You should do the same.

guess What? @boomervoncannon might not like me name calling but this time I am name calling myself.... I am the new “captain save a hoe”. There is nothing wrong with this game. It’s early access. Did they mess up on decisions? Hell yeah they did. It really doesn’t matter at this point because it is early access.

i have never gotten why people complain about early access games. Crap goes bad, oh well. Boo hoo there is a bug. I don’t care if I haven’t played the game for 10 months. I have seen the feedback. Some of it was legit and some was not.

o was getting ready to make a thread on how easy the vitamin system was but I’ll just tell you now. It’s easy as hell when you have the skills for it.

if you rushed the content, that is on you. I will have plenty of fun and if you had a problem with them working on crossplay then that is a “you” problem.

i don’t complain about bugs or content. I was just fine on Conan and they have been complaining about Conan longer than you have.

this game is easily a long term investment. If it wasn’t then nobody would have cared about the wipe lol. Sure that sucked but hey people are still here.

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Realist said:

@boomervoncannon might not like me name calling but this time I am name calling myself.... I am the new “captain save a hoe”. There is nothing wrong with this game. It’s early access. Did they mess up on decisions? Hell yeah they did. It really doesn’t matter at this point because it is early access.

You should feel free to call yourself any name you want, I promise you it troubles me not in the slightest. 😜

Genuinely glad you're enjoying it after the 10 month wait. I enjoyed the heck out of my first couple months as well.

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You should feel free to call yourself any name you want, I promise you it troubles me not in the slightest. 😜

Genuinely glad you're enjoying it after the 10 month wait. I enjoyed the heck out of my first couple months as well.

With all of the improvements I have seen they have done since ark, I seriously doubt I will get bored in 10 months. I knew damn well I was playing ark 2.0 from the beginning 10 months ago. I just had to wait 10 months to play ark 2.0 and I am loving it. 

Minutes for a tame, hours for a breed? 

I love Conan exiles as well. When I was getting gems and crawling to the edge so I could land exactly on the rubies(star metal), reminded me of Conan.

this will be great stuff

12 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The dlc’s In Ark didn’t bother me. They were clearly optional additional maps you didn’t have to have in order to enjoy the game. They not only allowed modders to make their own maps, letting people produce content for free that competed with their paid content, but they also let those same modders release the animals and items from those dlc’s as free mods, so in the end you only had to pay for the map itself, and you didn’t need their paid maps to have quality map options beyond the island. heck they paid selected modders to produce maps for players for free.

That just does not scream greed to me. I know a lot of people take issue with releasing a paid dlc in a game still in Early Access, but I think it’s pretty clear that was a one time thing precipitated by the lawsuit. Is it a preferable situation? Ofc not, but in the overall context of the way Wildcard does business, I feel like there is a legitimate attempt to add value to the players experience in exchange for additional revenue. I’m fine with that.

you got my point wrong, what i meant was that they diverted their work towards increasing their income before ark wasa finished (and by finished i mean polished) game, just as batman arkham knight, just as EA is most likely gonna do with anthem. for me GS is in essence another electronic arts. for me there is one inmportant rule in life, you start something finish it before switching to something else, if you cant then just dont start it.

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

for me there is one inmportant rule in life, you start something finish it before switching to something else, if you cant then just dont start it.

Sign. 

So just played for like 2 hours last night and holy lag lol fitting for a wildcard launch lol, interesting to see  how they broke down the resources seeing different types of the same resources at 1st I was like wtf I need fiber not all this hemp before I realized like wait hemp is used as a type of fiber then was like oh hey I can craft that lol. Linked up with a couple old Ark buddies, not sure if I'm  gonna stick with them long term or start my own company or link up with other friends that jump over to Ark. How do Alliances work on Atlas? Same as Ark?

Its funny PPL buy a game that's in beta then complain about the game even thou THE DISCLAMER WHEN YOU BUY THE GAME SAYS there will be wipes of the server and content will change as the game gets released "Patience is part of the game of BETA testing"!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1