Phantomtoes

Patience people!

Hey everyone! I know you're all excited to play but come on now....whining, crying, complaining isn't going to change anything or make it go any faster.  Have some patience and let the people work and maybe commend them for working tirelessly to get it out today! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Phantomtoes said:

Hey everyone! I know you're all excited to play but come on now....whining, crying, complaining isn't going to change anything or make it go any faster.  Have some patience and let the people work and maybe commend them for working tirelessly to get it out today! 

Nope, don’t need a newbie in here being captain save a hoe.

275C2855-C490-4456-9F94-16D89C16933F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Phantomtoes said:

Hi. Welcome to the forums. It’s always good to hear new voices, even the ones in my head.  While I can appreciate the positive message and mindset you’re bringing to the table, as someone new there is an appreciation of context you can’t be expected to have yet.

In short, when people express frustration at the delays, it is in the context of the fact that GrapeCard has done some version of this exact same nonsense just about every time they’ve had a big launch or patch release. I’ve been here since day one, and I had 4K hours in Ark before that, and it is always the same thing with this crowd. Nothing ever comes out on time or working properly. Yes delays are common in the industry, but professional outfits minimize them and communicate effectively with their customers and pkayers to set proper expectations. 

This bunch on the other hand has developed a habit and reputation for being comically late and handling things in a fashion that comes across as bungling, blame casting, disorganized and disjointed. If you think this was a one time thing, go look for the thread I started over the weekend creating a pool for how late the launch would be. What does that tell you about the expectations of long time players here?

Oh, and since you’re new here, it would be easy for you to dismiss me as some blowhard, disgruntled troll venting unreasonably based on this single post. Ask around, I’m pretty fair minded. I believe in giving credit where it’s due and keeping criticism fair and I don’t like mudslinging. GrapeCard has earned this criticism.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Hi. Welcome to the forums. It’s always good to hear new voices, even the ones in my head.  While I can appreciate the positive message and mindset you’re bringing to the table, as someone new there is an appreciation of context you can’t be expected to have yet.

In short, when people express frustration at the delays, it is in the context of the fact that GrapeCard has done some version of this exact same nonsense just about every time they’ve had a big launch or patch release. I’ve been here since day one, and I had 4K hours in Ark before that, and it is always the same thing with this crowd. Nothing ever comes out on time or working properly. Yes delays are common in the industry, but professional outfits minimize them and communicate effectively with their customers and pkayers to set proper expectations. 

This bunch on the other hand has developed a habit and reputation for being comically late and handling things in a fashion that comes across as bungling, blame casting, disorganized and disjointed. If you think this was a one time thing, go look for the thread I started over the weekend creating a pool for how late the launch would be. What does that tell you about the expectations of long time players here?

Oh, and since you’re new here, it would be easy for you to dismiss me as some blowhard, disgruntled troll venting unreasonably based on this single post. Ask around, I’m pretty fair minded. I believe in giving credit where it’s due and keeping criticism fair and I don’t like mudslinging. GrapeCard has earned this criticism.

Very well said boomer. I don’t have the fortitude to act as you do. I guess I better start leveling up 😂

13 hours ago, Phantomtoes said:

yeah i have had patience for over 10 months, aint that enough!! it is for me.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

it would be easy for you to dismiss me as some blowhard, disgruntled troll venting unreasonably based on this single post.

oh no a disgruntles troll!!! RUN!!

now seriously.....RUN!!! 😂

this is the funniest part of the launch, all this poor virging souls lured into this shamefull pit of the gaming hell-industry only to find eternall pain and suffering.......and lag, lets not forget the lag.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

oh no a disgruntles troll!!! RUN!!

now seriously.....RUN!!! 😂

this is the funniest part of the launch, all this poor virging souls lured into this shamefull pit of the gaming hell-industry only to find eternall pain and suffering.......and lag, lets not forget the lag.

As much as I might criticize GrapeCard for their shortcomings, imo there are far worse hells in the gaming industry. Say what you want about this crowd, but  they aren't actively seeking to increase monetization through lootbox mechanics that promote gambling addiction even in minors. If they are engaged in a cash grab, it's a cash grab of desperation, not "Hey we took grandma's jewels and cash, but while she's lying bleeding on the floor, don't we also have time to get all this antique furniture out of here as well? We could probably get a few bucks for it."

That's what so called AAA gaming looks like these days. Come to think of it, maybe they should drop one of the A's and just make it AA gaming, because once they're done with you, you'll probably need a support group.

• Like 1

And also I assume there is no low mem mode on xbox version, and it is going through xbox live too, the delay on some of my xbox mmo's is crazy. this prob has more to do with xbox live than atlas.

51 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

As much as I might criticize GrapeCard for their shortcomings, imo there are far worse hells in the gaming industry. Say what you want about this crowd, but  they aren't actively seeking to increase monetization through lootbox mechanics that promote gambling addiction even in minors. If they are engaged in a cash grab, it's a cash grab of desperation, not "Hey we took grandma's jewels and cash, but while she's lying bleeding on the floor, don't we also have time to get all this antique furniture out of here as well? We could probably get a few bucks for it."

That's what so called AAA gaming looks like these days. Come to think of it, maybe they should drop one of the A's and just make it AA gaming, because once they're done with you, you'll probably need a support group.

Loving it so far boomer. Only experienced about 10 minutes of lag. I can tell I will be enjoying atlas for awhile. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

only because they cant, you canot milk a dead cow, and i shall remind you they started selling DLCs in ark when the game was still in a bad state, its like saying "hey at least he is only a thief, not a politician", the only difference is one is a plain thief and the other one an educated thief, in the end it all boils down to the ethic of the ones in charge, wich are the ones getting the most out of the naive/not caring people

my proposal is to call it AA Gambing instead 😄

I have to say, despite the delays, I thought they did a much better job on communication this time. Sure, meeting the initial estimated release is ideal, but they kept us posted and really seemed to be waiting with us, instead of just making us wait.

Thanks @Dollie and @Jatheish

• Like 1

Well I think it plays well and looks good on the xbox to be fair to them. Apart from the damn controller config. Everything else seems to be running fine. As for any lag, xbox live doesn't help, that's the real cash grab, xbox live.  

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Loving it so far boomer. Only experienced about 10 minutes of lag. I can tell I will be enjoying atlas for awhile. 

Glad to hear. Would hate for you to wait all this time and then not even like it. Now let’s talk again after 500 DP.

32 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

only because they cant, you canot milk a dead cow, and i shall remind you they started selling DLCs in ark when the game was still in a bad state, its like saying "hey at least he is only a thief, not a politician", the only difference is one is a plain thief and the other one an educated thief, in the end it all boils down to the ethic of the ones in charge, wich are the ones getting the most out of the naive/not caring people

my proposal is to call it AA Gambing instead 😄

The dlc’s In Ark didn’t bother me. They were clearly optional additional maps you didn’t have to have in order to enjoy the game. They not only allowed modders to make their own maps, letting people produce content for free that competed with their paid content, but they also let those same modders release the animals and items from those dlc’s as free mods, so in the end you only had to pay for the map itself, and you didn’t need their paid maps to have quality map options beyond the island. heck they paid selected modders to produce maps for players for free.

That just does not scream greed to me. I know a lot of people take issue with releasing a paid dlc in a game still in Early Access, but I think it’s pretty clear that was a one time thing precipitated by the lawsuit. Is it a preferable situation? Ofc not, but in the overall context of the way Wildcard does business, I feel like there is a legitimate attempt to add value to the players experience in exchange for additional revenue. I’m fine with that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Glad to hear. Would hate for you to wait all this time and then not even like it. Now let’s talk again after 500 DP.

What is the best way to get salt 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Find some. Typically on beaches, typically in warmer biomes. Once you find a source, load up good with plenty. It will last if you don’t try to have too many bags. Don’t put stuff you can get super easy in preserving bags, like berries or cooked meat.

36 minutes ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

And ice is dramatically better for preserving. If you are in a cold climate, build an icebox. 

He’s planning to travel the map for DP’s before settling down and building a base. The stationary nature of iceboxes makes them problematic for his plan.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

equatorial freeport on the other side of the island.

1 hour ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

And ice is dramatically better for preserving. If you are in a cold climate, build an icebox. 

26 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

He’s planning to travel the map for DP’s before settling down and building a base. The stationary nature of iceboxes makes them problematic for his plan.

So an icebox can’t be placed on a boat? I am pretty close to the arctic currently. Haven’t begun the journey yet because the guy that was going to be the ship builder barely got on a couple of hours ago 😂

i like the way the skill tree makes you work together but man if that guy doesn’t get on you are screwed 😂

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Find some. 

Smartass 

25 minutes ago, Realist said:

So an icebox can’t be placed on a boat? I am pretty close to the arctic currently. Haven’t begun the journey yet because the guy that was going to be the ship builder barely got on a couple of hours ago 😂

i like the way the skill tree makes you work together but man if that guy doesn’t get on you are screwed 😂

Smartass 

The point of the icebox is it has to stay below a certain temp, which your boat will be above 90% of the time, even in the arctic. People usually put them underwater somewhere and fetch ice from them periodically for their preserving bags.

I wasn’t actually trying to be a smartass but as you know they just redid the map, so I can’t reliably give you specific locations.

Generally you’re rarely more than 2 grids away from salt, you just have to find where exactly.

Edited by boomervoncannon

At least on the forums you can always reliably find salt. It's a pretty abundant resource here.

Edited by Inigo

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

The point of the icebox is it has to stay below a certain temp, which your boat will be above 90% of the time, even in the arctic. People usually put them underwater somewhere and fetch ice from them periodically for their preserving bags.

I wasn’t actually trying to be a smartass but as you know they just redid the map, so I can’t reliably give you specific locations.

Generally you’re rarely more than 2 grids away from salt, you just have to find where exactly.

It’s cool. I was being a smartass as well.

quick question. What are the red and black dots on the islands in the map?