Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

Babies born with higher stats than parents

Twice recently I had babies born with higher stats than either parent. Specifically, I had a tiger born with weight stat of 10 when the highest weight stat of either parent was 8. Then right after that I had another tiger born with attack of 11 when his parents both had 9. Anyone know if this is expected behavior? Is there just a random chance of that happening? 

Also, it occurs to me as I'm writing this that no one on official will have any idea, because you can't see animal stats. The only reason I know is because I'm playing on unofficial (Blackwood) with the Super Spyglass mod that someone brought over from Ark. 

4 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

Twice recently I had babies born with higher stats than either parent. Specifically, I had a tiger born with weight stat of 10 when the highest weight stat of either parent was 8. Then right after that I had another tiger born with attack of 11 when his parents both had 9. Anyone know if this is expected behavior? Is there just a random chance of that happening? 

Also, it occurs to me as I'm writing this that no one on official will have any idea, because you can't see animal stats. The only reason I know is because I'm playing on unofficial (Blackwood) with the Super Spyglass mod that someone brought over from Ark. 

Yes. This is expected behavior.  The main feature of breeding is mutations. Mutations come in 2 forms: boosted stats and different colors. What you are experiencing is expected and normal. Congrats.

2 hours ago, MagicPuncher said:

I thought that might be the case, but when I look at them it says "0/20 Mutations", so I thought that ruled it out.

Atlas’s mutation system may only be counting colors, not stats, but as far as anybody can tell, the system seems to be a direct port of Ark’s breeding.

That is what get people hooked on breeding a "perfect beast" they keep breeding only the best stated ones or include a new one if they find it was a better stat, along the way. until they have a tame that is "the best stats for level" that they can get..  and how they can boost the over all Level as well. 

and label them for the stats the have the best like, weight, stam, melee.. "that's my stam male over there, going to breed him with my weight female to see if I can get a baby with both the high stats" and often a mutation that will crank up level or stats along the way. lol people go all out, making folders to keep track of what has what stats.

Na, I bred about 200+ bears in Atlas to come out with solid black, high health/stam ones for taking on larger chests and yeti and stuff on one server. Was fun but, frustrating trying to decide what ones I needed to cull all the time and still keep the line improving as I went lolol.. Horses as well. 😛

Edited by Liatni

On 10/8/2019 at 4:07 PM, boomervoncannon said:

Yes. This is expected behavior.  The main feature of breeding is mutations. Mutations come in 2 forms: boosted stats and different colors. What you are experiencing is expected and normal. Congrats.

Atlas does not have color mutations. Dont want anyone getting confused about that