Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

How did we get here?

Its funny and sad at the same time cause yestarday i wanted to post replay to someone that i am 100% for sure there will be delay for 1 day or two as ALWAYS. And i log in to read that i was right... 

Lol what is even more ridiculous is that we can not even download the game yet. What a joke this has been so far. The next phase is we will be able to download the game and the servers will crash when connecting to them.

Ever heard the phrase that someone couldn't organize a pi$$ up in a brewery?

Edited by Chris1

2 minutes ago, Excelex said:

Lol what is even more ridiculous is that we can not even download the game yet. What a joke this has been so far. The next phase is we will be able to download the game and the servers will crash when connecting to them.

wait really? xbox players have no preload? ROFL

7 minutes ago, Excelex said:

I am 100% sure it will be that way, they are never prepared for problems, i even dont think its Microsoft problem, someone from team forgot to send smth to them smth like documents or money or whatever and now they "oh crap we didnt send papers to them thats why game is still not able to play or download, we have to shift responsibility on them"....

Edited by Cascco

Just now, Sau said:

wait really? xbox players have no preload? ROFL

They are recompiling the game with the new codes with unreal engine at this time... Fucking compiling a game can take HOURS!

They said that they finally got what they needed. NOW they can start implementing it.. IF they got what they needed earlier then they would be getting done just now :P

1 minute ago, Liatni said:

They said that they finally got what they needed. NOW they can start implementing it.. IF they got what they needed earlier then they would be getting done just now 😛

What they should have done is released the game for the Xbox insider program for a few days before the release to stress test the servers & the current build of the game.  

And now we ar ejust sitting in fron of PC , watching forum, reading comments, dissapointed, frustrated, feeling fun cause of situation....

• Like 1

i will quit the game forever if they release it in the middle of the night (eu). they better release tomorrow

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Excelex said:

What they should have done is released the game for the Xbox insider program for a few days before the release to stress test the servers & the current build of the game.  

I agree this, if it was/is an option for em. mmMm

10 minutes ago, Excelex said:

What they are doing is releasing it on Xbox game preview....which is basically the Xbox insider program. Then as it's in game preview they will test the servers and current build for months and months. 

Same thing they did with Ark, jus this time we know it's being rushed to get player numbers and will slam the servers as many players from console are excited for release... 

I just found it funny that it started out as a config change and now we're at "we've fixed the problem", which means something happened in between, and if the problem really is fixed, it's back where it should have been first thing this AM with 4 hours of work to do.   At what point do you know it's not happening as planned?  15 mins. before the eta?

I guess for my point of view, I was really ticked about the wipe, not just because of losing my stuff, but it's looking like all my friends have quit.  But I decided to try once more and all I wanted was my island back, so I rearranged a bunch of stuff I had to do to try to accomplish that.   When there's a delay, and someone knows it'll be a delay and doesn't give the information, it..is..not..helping.  I can juggle stuff pretty well, given even a little bit of notice about it, but I can't sit in front of the PC for 24 hours waiting.

If they open up the servers when I can't be here and I lose my island, I won't be back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantomtoes said:

What they are doing is releasing it on Xbox game preview....which is basically the Xbox insider program. Then as it's in game preview they will test the servers and current build for months and months. 

Right!!!! same exact thing! your so smart. You can clearly see the sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Man, I miss this. I will be joining NA PVE because I can’t stay away from this insanity. I’m sorry @boomervoncannon @Winter Thorne I was just angry before, can I still play? 

If you're really Gomez Adams, let's see you do the tango.  Then we'll talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I totally took 1 day off from work just to play ATLAS today, imagine how pissed i am now. Im gooing to work tommorow and lunch will be at my time work, and yes i also have my own island which i want to take. "There is plenty more" sc...w you....

10 minutes ago, Cascco said:

I totally took 1 day off from work just to play ATLAS today, imagine how pissed i am now. Im gooing to work tommorow and lunch will be at my time work, and yes i also have my own island which i want to take. "There is plenty more" sc...w you....

I learned some time ago with this company, never expect the expected brah!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cascco said:

You should have known better. What a waste of a PTO. Like I said they have to recompile the whole entire 80 gb file just to redo the configuration file. This is part of an "Assist" in the game's core aka UE4 Engine. This could take hours, even possibly 24 hours. Then they have to re-upload the game to Microsoft and then that has to be validated by Microsoft before an official release can be distributed to customers. 

Edited by Excelex