MetalHead Mayhem

Create PvP hotspots

Add some kind of control points to the map, could be some kinda market points where players can rent booths to sale ingame items or player housing to give players the ability to keep a few items safe but make em pay taxes for it. Make these locations available for any company to take control of by capturing a control tower at that location and the company will be able to collect the taxes on it. Put like a 12 hour timer on it and whoever wins it collects the taxes for the next 12 hours.

Darkfall Online had somethin like this and it would bring in several enemies to that location at a specific time. Just an idea for having more open sea combat.

Edited by MetalHead Mayhem
  • Like 3

That actually sounds like a very cool idea. If freeports were turned into a big pve archipelago with lots of small islands with basic materials ( same as freeports for making primitive things only) then it would be a good place for smaller companies to have their main base and they can build outposts for farming etc out in the rest of the map. 

Limiting company size to max 15 players to build there would be cool. That way the small companies can find allies and recruit then eventually (maybe) try their hand in the rest of the map in pvp. 

Big companies will inevitably also find a way to stash things in free portson alt accounts but who cares tbh. It isnt hurting anyone and we are already doing it anyways.

• Like 1

I had an idea of doing a hot zone for Power Stone locations.  Every 2 hours it switches randomly do another PS zone.  During this time all mob drops increase and a small uptick of RARE drops is introduced.  Those drops can be high end BP's and/or high end gear like carbines, cannons, etc.  This will promote people to come into contact and duke it out. 

Also adding locations that you can capture and go active once every 24 hours that mine rare mats would be cool as well. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 2

I would like to see occasional spawns of something valuable, but its position given on the global map, then people have chance to get there and fight over it.    Just a place marked with high chance of ship combat. Hell I would love to see a sailing arena. To just roll up in a ship and enter then have fun ship fighting.   Could be some sort of prize for the winner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveroe said:

I would like to see occasional spawns of something valuable, but its position given on the global map, then people have chance to get there and fight over it.    Just a place marked with high chance of ship combat. Hell I would love to see a sailing arena. To just roll up in a ship and enter then have fun ship fighting.   Could be some sort of prize for the winner

thats not a bad idea.. and it would get ppl on the seas.. like the devs want more of