Sign in to follow this  
midlandkingdom

How can you support this?

So tried the game a couple months back and was a mess riddled with bugs, so I stopped because of a particular ladder bug where I would get stuck on the boat ladder for hours... came back today and THE SAME THING HAPPENED! currently stuck with no way to get out and no way to die...

How can you guys support this game? why do you put up with it? steam wont give me a refund because I already "played" for four hours but man if you guys where really honest you would give me a refund because 3 of those four hours where probably stuck in a freaking ladder.

ever think of just simply deleting the ladder? I quit playing this game because of a ladder might be the lamest excuse for quilting a game I have ever heard. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Excelex said:

ever think of just simply deleting the ladder? I quit playing this game because of a ladder might be the lamest excuse for quilting a game I have ever heard. 

What he said. The fact that you get stuck on a ladder is new to me. I haven’t been stuck once and I have a good 200 times the amount of hours you played. Bit stupid that that bug stops you from playing and not all the other shit we’ve had so far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had plenty of ladder glitches but still never got stuck. They did mention they were intending to fix ladders on boats in the near future(QOL phase i think). This is an EA game. You are a tester. If you want a complete and relatively bug free experience this isn't the place to get it.

I've had that ladder bug, but just once on a ramshackle sloop after this latest wipe. It certainly is not common as I've been playing since day 1.

I did manage to punch until I died, however, so you can get out of it.

yes I have also had this glitch a few times on the emergency ladder of the ramshackle sloop, its a pain in the ass as you cant get off or go up your only chance is to drowned under water while  stuck.

2 hours ago, midlandkingdom said:

So tried the game a couple months back and was a mess riddled with bugs, so I stopped because of a particular ladder bug where I would get stuck on the boat ladder for hours... came back today and THE SAME THING HAPPENED! currently stuck with no way to get out and no way to die...

How can you guys support this game? why do you put up with it? steam wont give me a refund because I already "played" for four hours but man if you guys where really honest you would give me a refund because 3 of those four hours where probably stuck in a freaking ladder.

As previously mentioned the game is Early Access.Bug free is not a reasonable expectation. Also, did you own the ladder you were stuck on? Because if you did, you could have simply demo’d the ladder. Problem solved.

Speaking only for myself, I support the game because of its potential. There are many legitimate complaints about Grapecard’s development of Atlas to date. “I experienced a bug in an Early Access game and it was still there a few months later and I deserve a refund because I couldn’t figure out one of several obvious work around and now I’m complaining about it on the forums instead of asking for help at the time.” isn’t one of them.

I've never in all my years of gaming played any game that was totally bug free. I wish it was possible, cos I hate waiting for patches all the time. And now I'm booting up the xbox for atlas release I'm remembering just how glitchy the damn console games are too.

Other People " After i build And Grinded for over 6 month they wipe again.                    Special Guy " i was stuck on a ladder so i quit" reminds me of that IT Quote " Most of the Time the error sits infront of the pc 🙂 

• Like 1

Honestly though i've recently been playing fallout 76 on xbox and the bugs in that game make atlas look like the runner for best programming awards.

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Better off finding a game without ladders next time :anchor:

Rip snakes And Ladders 😞

9 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

this is why you ALWAYS carry a grappling hook.

That sounds like very sound advice actually and I will take it under advisement.

having said that, I don’t remember pirates using grappling hooks to board their own ship. I might have missed that in the history books though

4 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Honestly though i've recently been playing fallout 76 on xbox and the bugs in that game make atlas look like the runner for best programming awards.

It is so weird how bugs and glitches are a person by person basis. We always hear the “ i never experienced that before” stuff. With me, I never encountered any glitches on fallout 76. I heard a lot of about them but I had a good time with it.

might be why some people don’t believe others. Oh well this is basically just another form of social media.

28 minutes ago, Realist said:

That sounds like very sound advice actually and I will take it under advisement.

having said that, I don’t remember pirates using grappling hooks to board their own ship. I might have missed that in the history books though

Maybe Not their own but others, which eventually became theirs After boarding so in the end they Kind of Used them to Board their ships 😄

51 minutes ago, zottel said:

Maybe Not their own but others, which eventually became theirs After boarding so in the end they Kind of Used them to Board their ships 😄

Uh yeah, I guess technically you are correct. Unfortunately it wasn’t theirs to begin with so that is really a half truth at that point.

i am just glad that I know to not use ladders just in case lol

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Uh yeah, I guess technically you are correct. Unfortunately it wasn’t theirs to begin with so that is really a half truth at that point.

i am just glad that I know to not use ladders just in case lol

We Are Pirates, half true is true enough for us 😄 am really curious how far the expectations differs from the stuff you Expierience ingame.i mean you read the Forums for about 10 month now but never played yet,Which will make a comparison between Forum And the Real Game kinda interesting. 

Both myself and Khan experienced this on ramshackle sloops, for me it was long before i learnt how to make a grappling hook or even a ladder for that matter.

Whould be good to know if the OP's issue was on a ramshackle sloop.

Also for me it was before I had even moved the boat after buying it.

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Ye we have flying ships, some fire breathing flying thing, some dudes with 1 eye, a dragon with 3 heads but grappling hooks your own ship are too much. Hahah.

7 hours ago, Realist said:

It is so weird how bugs and glitches are a person by person basis. We always hear the “ i never experienced that before” stuff. With me, I never encountered any glitches on fallout 76. I heard a lot of about them but I had a good time with it.

might be why some people don’t believe others. Oh well this is basically just another form of social media.

Same goes for me. Remember AC Unity? The bugfest of the era? I didn’t have ANY. I’m not even joking, some people are just lucky. 

Edited by Percieval

7 hours ago, zottel said:

We Are Pirates, half true is true enough for us 😄 am really curious how far the expectations differs from the stuff you Expierience ingame.i mean you read the Forums for about 10 month now but never played yet,Which will make a comparison between Forum And the Real Game kinda interesting. 

Yeah that is why I did it. My expectations will be different from my buddies and othe console players. I now know a lot of the things that are wrong so I will less likely get frustrated compared to others that don’t know it’s coming lol

i was always a PvP guy but from being on the forums I figured out I will enjoy the game more with pve this go around.

i am actually going into the game very positive and I am sure I will have a lot of fun now. There will be a lot of people that don’t know what to expect and they will probably get frustrated and leave.

there is a reason I have been here and have my opinions. I am now ready for atlas 👍

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Ye we have flying ships, some fire breathing flying thing, some dudes with 1 eye, a dragon with 3 heads but grappling hooks your own ship are too much. Hahah.

Same goes for me. Remember AC Unity? The bugfest of the era? I didn’t have ANY. I’m not even joking, some people are just lucky. 

Well the difference is that all of the other things you mentioned are intended content and the last one is a work around to broken content 

but yeah, luck definitely plays a part while playing a game. I knew one guy that played ark and got kicked every 30 minutes. I felt bad because I only got kicked once or twice a day lol

Ladders in the boat automatic placement spots  are kinda buggy one min they work one minute they don't i usually build a captain cabin on back of my boats you can hang ladders that work every time right off the ceiling tile that just pokes out a bit from the rail also catwalks seem to work pretty good as well and theres always the emergency ladder at rear of boat