Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

The not at all official Xbox launch pool thread.

I bet 1 hour late I think, but I don't see my name in your list..   😛  Anyway It does not matter maybe cause the latest news is they've delayed launch  4 hours......      lol. 😂 So sad 

2 hours ago, NoobieDooz said:

I bet 1 hour late I think, but I don't see my name in your list..   😛  Anyway It does not matter maybe cause the latest news is they've delayed launch  4 hours......      lol. 😂 So sad 

Well that knocks you and me both out. Plus all the folks who said on time. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Well that knocks you and me both out. Plus all the folks who said on time. 

I am still in the race with tomorrow at 8 am lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Realist said:

I am still in the race with tomorrow at 8 am lol

How couldn't it have been on time?!?  Seriously they have been looking forward to sucking the wallets of console players for the last year and even with no one wanting to play nobody spamming the login server they can't even manage to suck up the money from the few misguided console players correctly?!?  So maybe its not a cash grab maybe its always been PURE incompetence!

4 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

How couldn't it have been on time?!?  Seriously they have been looking forward to sucking the wallets of console players for the last year and even with no one wanting to play nobody spamming the login server they can't even manage to suck up the money from the few misguided console players correctly?!?  So maybe its not a cash grab maybe its always been PURE incompetence!

The answer to the first question is they are never on time. They might have been with you guys but with Xbox they have never met a date. I mean never thought the years of ark

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

The answer to the first question is they are never on time. They might have been with you guys but with Xbox they have never met a date. I mean never thought the years of ark

Welp I have never played that game nor will I ever....  Sadly I did play Dark n Light regret that even more than atlas!

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Welp I have never played that game nor will I ever....  Sadly I did play Dark n Light regret that even more than atlas!

Well just know that now they have to pass every update through Xbox QA so there will continue to be delays. Just prepare for it

I honestly thought the push to get it to Xbox would result in only a few hours delay. It is really hard not to talk about how bad this looks while also being completely par for the course. At this point, I don’t understand why this company continues to embarrass themselves by operating this way.

This is the most amazing pessimistic support I have ever seen for a video game ever. "Yeah we know these guys are a dumpster fire, but we're here to support them and take bets on how bad it really is gonna be".

Good Game Internets, yall done it again. Kinda reminds me of the city Ankh-Morpork from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, that shit predicted modern internet behavior back in the mid 80s.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

This is the most amazing pessimistic support I have ever seen for a video game ever. "Yeah we know these guys are a dumpster fire, but we're here to support them and take bets on how bad it really is gonna be".

Good Game Internets, yall done it again. Kinda reminds me of the city Ankh-Morpork from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, that shit predicted modern internet behavior back in the mid 80s.

When a company has created a clear precedent for it based on their track record to date, this is the alternative to a meltdown thread irrationally venting at them. Let's all have a laugh and take it in stride. You may notice that about half the folks posting here predicted on time launches. I myself predicted 3 to 4 hours. They were later than almost all who participated predicted, and this isn't their first rodeo. What does that tell you, honestly?

There is pessimism, and then there is realism. Based on actual results, it could be argued most here weren't realistic enough.

I'm aware of this precedent and pessimism, I dealt with a great many of their shenanigans since ARK launched in 2015. I've a very vocal critique of theirs, I thought it was pretty funny everyone taking bets on the expected delays. 

8yk0zz8p32u01.jpg