Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

The not at all official Xbox launch pool thread.

Recommended Posts

This thread is a pool for predicting when the Xbox version will actually go live. Please read pool participation rules carefully because if your post does not adhere to them, you will not be eligible for the one bajillion doubloon* grand prize awarded to the winner.

1. As many people as would like can bet on an on time launch for all servers, but if the launch is on time (10 min grace period), all winners must split the prize evenly. Bragging rights can be split in any fashion the winners choose. If the launch is not on time, all those predicting it would be are subject to We Told You So.

Slots are as follows:

10-20mins late  Houser

20-30

30-40 D legacy

40-50

50-60

1pm EST to 2pm

2pm to 3pm

3pm to 4pm  Boomer

4pm to 5pm

5pm to 6pm

6pm to 7pm

7pm to 8pm

8pm to 9pm

9pm to 10 pm

10pm to 11pm

12pm to 1am

1am to 9am Realist

9am to 10 am

10am to 11am

11am to noon

After noon on the 9th

After noon on the 10th

11th Needsmokes

12th

13th

So late they miss the weekend

 

2.  For purposes of determining successful launch, 2 of the 3 official game worlds that are currently down must be up for a minimum of 1 hour.

3. All slots can be picked by one poster on a first come, first post basis. The only exception is on time predictions, which are unlimited.

 

Posts which indicate the poster did not read and follow pool rules will be disqualified and reading comprehension mocked mercilessly.

 

I will start the pool by claiming the 3 to 4 hour late time slot.

 

 

 

 

*Grand prize subject to Boomer’s guarantee

 

 

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know if I could follow your very detailed instructions 😂   But I'm gonna give it a try...   ! 

My very honest hope is that they actually do it on time, cause even on time, it will be very late for us here in EU, (including the download of the update etc). But, wisened by experience, I am gonna bet on a max of 1 hour late release.    😄   So, 1 h after relase.  

I feel like a fool now but hey let me be proven wrong, I hope for it so much!!  I want it to be on time. Otherwise, I have no chance in hell of getting an island, cause the day after, I am back at work again, so...     If they are several hours late, that will probably be the end of my journey with Atlas. I sincerely hope not, since I've been here since day 1. But, I am probably not gonna stick around, if they botch this release..   I didn't stick through 2 wipes to be stuck in a disgrace, a bad lawless situation, that's beneath me at this point  😄   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since there is not going to be 10 billion people flooding the servers and trying to play at launch because we all are very aware of Atlas and its reputation bye now....

Then I see no reason why the Xbox release won't go smoothly, in fact I agree with Realist it will go right on time because the only thing that matters here is they get a few more dollars from the Console players before they cut and run.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mastercraftcblub69 said:

When cros platform drops for Xbox players will they just be dumped into servers that pc players are already built up on? 

Yes, but that is if you choose to go to na pvp. Then that would be on you. If you like pvp I would definitely go to eu instead of na 

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes, but that is if you choose to go to na pvp. Then that would be on you. If you like pvp I would definitely go to eu instead of na 

Wait I assumed NA pvp would be wiped day of launch.....  And was online purely so there would be somewhere for everyone to play till the day of release?!?  Am I wrong about that assumption...  Seems silly there not going to wipe NA PvP if they wiped the rest?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Wait I assumed NA pvp would be wiped day of launch.....  And was online purely so there would be somewhere for everyone to play till the day of release?!?  Am I wrong about that assumption...  Seems silly there not going to wipe NA PvP if they wiped the rest?!?

Yeah that’s what I was saying. But yeah sure enough they won’t be wiping. Jay gave some reasons for why but regardless of the reasons, na pvp will be dead once the console players figure out what’s going on

edit: the reason for one server being up is because they are testing crossplay. The devs are on consoles playing with the pc guys. Not an efficient test if you ask me but that is how they are doing it.

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mastercraftcblub69 said:

When cros platform drops for Xbox players will they just be dumped into servers that pc players are already built up on? 

Please keep posts to the pool thread on topic. This question could have been asked and answered elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

This thread is a pool for predicting when the Xbox version will actually go live. Please read pool participation rules carefully because if your post does not adhere to them, you will not be eligible for the one bajillion doubloon* grand prize awarded to the winner.

1. As many people as would like can bet on an on time launch for all servers, but if the launch is on time (10 min grace period), all winners must split the prize evenly. Bragging rights can be split in any fashion the winners choose. If the launch is not on time, all those predicting it would be are subject to We Told You So.

2. For purposes of this pool, 10 mins late from the announced time counts as late, anything less falls in the grace period. Once the launch is late. Pool slots will be in 10 minute increments for the first hour ie 10-20 minutes late, 20 to 30, etc etc.

3. Once the launch is one hour late, pool slots will broaden into one hour increments for the remainder of the 8th. So 2 hours late is a slot, all the way up to 24 hours late.

4. Beyond 24 hours. pool slots are in one day increments, so Thursday the 10th would be a slot.

5. For purposes of determining successful launch, 2 of the 3 official game worlds that are currently down must be up for a minimum of 1 hour.

6. All slots can be picked by one poster on a first come, first post basis. The only exception is on time predictions, which are unlimited.

 

Posts which indicate the poster did not read and follow pool rules will be disqualified and reading comprehension mocked mercilessly.

 

I will start the pool by claiming the 3 to 4 hour late time slot.

 

 

 

 

*Grand prize subject to Boomer’s guarantee

 

 

i stopped reading after the 3rd line but my bet is servers will go up on time, 8 october 12 am USA time BUT!!!! players will experiment all sort of problems logging in, servers will be taken down several times in a 2-3 days period and then relaunched, my date is: 8 october 12:39 with 29 seconds and a chocolate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone has already said on time, so i guess i'm out.

Reason: As a PC player we are already getting all the updates as they drop, I can play NA PVP or single player, so all they need to do is switch on the servers with the same version when the time comes. A delay could be had if they do an update at the same time, but that can be avoided by doing any update a few hours prior to that to have time to be fully ready for midday server switch on.

Hoping to be off the freeport islands before the Xbox people finish downloading, I remember the lag of day one.

 

Edited by Jack Shandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Someone has already said on time, so i guess i'm out.

Reason: As a PC player we are already getting all the updates as they drop, I can play NA PVP or single player, so all they need to do is switch on the servers with the same version when the time comes. A delay could be had if they do an update at the same time, but that can be avoided by doing any update a few hours prior to that to have time to be fully ready for midday server switch on.

Hoping to be off the freeport islands before the Xbox people finish downloading, I remember the lag of day one.

 

On time is the only unlimited slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i stopped reading after the 3rd line but my bet is servers will go up on time, 8 october 12 am USA time BUT!!!! players will experiment all sort of problems logging in, servers will be taken down several times in a 2-3 days period and then relaunched, my date is: 8 october 12:39 with 29 seconds and a chocolate.

 

 

So you are saying on time, but actually taking the 30 to 40 minute slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

So you are saying on time, but actually taking the 30 to 40 minute slot.

the "1st launch attempt" will be on time, the servers actually working-ish (as in letting people log in) 6-8 hrs later is my guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

the "1st launch attempt" will be on time, the servers actually working-ish (as in letting people log in) 6-8 hrs later is my guess

The definition of successful launch in the pool rules you didn’t get to 😛 is 2 of the 3 servers up and running for one hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boomervoncannon said:

The definition of successful launch in the pool rules you didn’t get to 😛 is 2 of the 3 servers up and running for one hour.

my bad 😂 then definetly 6 to 8 hrs later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

my bad 😂 then definetly 6 to 8 hrs later

I had you down for 30 to 40 min slot based on a previous post. If you want me to change your slot, pick which ONE HOUR slot you prefer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I had you down for 30 to 40 min slot based on a previous post. If you want me to change your slot, pick which ONE HOUR slot you prefer. 

ok lets go with a 6 hrs delay time 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...