Sign in to follow this  
Tattoo

Intelligence is now worthless.

Before the latest update, intelligence could be hit and miss, due to a higher intelligence score giving you A CHANCE to get crafter bonuses on making things.  And said bonus could be very swingy.

Now, I was ready to make some legendary blueprints, so I got my best crow and started looking for the equipment I’d been using for over a month which gives me the best intelligence bonus.  I am confused, because it looks like the Intelligence bonuses are missing, until I get to the Platemail which i had specifically spent gold on to upgrade it’s int-bonus and find that it has the upgrade slots used to boost a “reduced temperature fortitude penalty”.

All armor and clothes no longer give int-bonuses and have been switched wholesale for reduced temperature fortitude penalties.  Including on Cloth, which DOESN’T HAVE A TEMPERATURE FORTITUDE PENALTY.

On top of that, tying into what I think was supposed to be an unneeded nerf to various aspects of the game, is that the swingy aspect of Int-boosted crafting means there is NO floor to how low that bonus could be.

With a mid-80’s crow and the last 40 or so levels sunk into Intelligence, mine was at 335%

I made a Legendary Hide Gloves and Legendary Flintlock that gave me a STAGGERINGLY AMAZING 0.7 and 0.8 percent crafting bonus.

There is a reason why, for people who played sorceresses in Diablo 2 long ago, the electric spell tree went almost entirely unused.  Because the damage baseline for those spells would be BETWEEN 1 and 100 points of damage, and only an idiot would consider wasting their time and energy by gambling on getting a one-shot kill lightning bolt when a 2 or 3 fire and ice would guarantee death to your enemies.

Unless a minimum floor gets put into Intelligence crafting so someone with +300% CAN’T GET LESS THAN 1 PERCENT CRAFTING BONUS and Int-bonuses return to armor, the stat might as well be removed because it’s ALMOST as worthless than the crew health stat. (which still can’t be boosted)

Guess you are pretty new to Atlas.

First of the Crew can be leveled into Health, you just need to unseat them after you leveld them. 

The Int and crafting is gets reworked atm thats why all the Int is gone from Armor and was replaced.

While it is true that the Bonus can scale from 0,0% ~ 60,00% but 335 int is relatively low. 

For max Crafter Bonus you need atleast 1300 int and every 200% int more your chance of getting a 60CB would be 5% higher.

So basicly your chance of getting low CB also gets lower and you will more likely get high stat. Hope that kind of explains it 

• Thanks 1

-"temperature fortitude penalties.  Including on Cloth, which DOESN’T HAVE A TEMPERATURE FORTITUDE PENALTY."

😂

-"here is a reason why, for people who played sorceresses in Diablo 2 long ago, the electric spell tree went almost entirely unused.  Because the damage baseline for those spells would be BETWEEN 1 and 100 points of damage, and only an idiot would consider wasting their time and energy by gambling on getting a one-shot kill lightning bolt when a 2 or 3 fire and ice would guarantee death to your enemies. "

that my friend is the difference between a real game and this, in a real game you have viable options when something is not well designeed, in here you have...bows 😂

*players having fun with the game when it launched*

*GS nerf guns*

Players: why? thats stupid!!

GS: dont worry we will balance them later

Players:.......ok

*GS nerfs glider*

Players: why?? it was fun!!

GS: we are balancing

Players: We are still waiting for the firearms balance you promised

*GS nerfs guns again*

Players: WTF!!

and that my friend is the story of how bows are the only viable weapon ingame (and the strongest in terms of DPS)

Edited by The D Legacy

On 10/5/2019 at 10:31 PM, zottel said:

So basicly your chance of getting low CB also gets lower and you will more likely get high stat. Hope that kind of explains it

So basically you have to have a spare account with a separate character to have a chance of having something decent. sounds fun...like the whole game...

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

So basically you have to have a spare account with a separate character to have a chance of having something decent. sounds fun...like the whole game...

Not really as you  Want to have the highest Level possible for int Crafting.just Need to respec before you craft stuff which is only 500 Gold to go full int And back to whatever you like. But it gets reworked anyway now

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

While the game has an enormous list of shortcomings, respeccing right now is one of the easiest things to do, you get one free respec every time you level up (not addictive), every major balance change and 250 gold for one respec is not much of a hassle with treasure maps, shipwreck diving, sotmd farming, etc. I find diving for shipwrecks in my sloop the easiest way to solo farm gold.

Edited by Swordphobic
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Swordphobic said:

While the game has an enormous list of shortcomings, respeccing right now is one of the easiest things to do right now, you get one free respec every time you level up (not addictive), every major balance change and 250 gold for one respec is not much of a hassle with treasure maps, shipwreck diving, sotmd farming, etc. I find diving for shipwrecks in my sloop the easiest way to solo farm gold.

yeah, its been so long that i quit that i forgot they eventually introduced that.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, Tattoo said:

There is a reason why, for people who played sorceresses in Diablo 2 long ago, the electric spell tree went almost entirely unused.  Because the damage baseline for those spells would be BETWEEN 1 and 100 points of damage, and only an idiot would consider wasting their time and energy by gambling on getting a one-shot kill lightning bolt when a 2 or 3 fire and ice would guarantee death to your enemies.

Umm lol except for the broken spell, static was it? Flat 25% dmg to remaining health. Cheese mode on bosses with uber health pools. Made it the hardest hitting spell in the game under certain circumstances.

Look, let's not pretend the int factor wasnt broken last season untill the first nerf.

Let's not pretend it wasnt still OP for people getting lvl 100+. 

Balancing isnt for you to keep your favorite cheese. It's to even out the playing field. Math can be tricky and multipliers MUST always be very small or gear immediately becomes more important than skill. That's a road to P2W folks. I applaud the changes.

15 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

-"temperature fortitude penalties.  Including on Cloth, which DOESN’T HAVE A TEMPERATURE FORTITUDE PENALTY."

😂

-"here is a reason why, for people who played sorceresses in Diablo 2 long ago, the electric spell tree went almost entirely unused.  Because the damage baseline for those spells would be BETWEEN 1 and 100 points of damage, and only an idiot would consider wasting their time and energy by gambling on getting a one-shot kill lightning bolt when a 2 or 3 fire and ice would guarantee death to your enemies. "

that my friend is the difference between a real game and this, in a real game you have viable options when something is not well designeed, in here you have...bows 😂

*players having fun with the game when it launched*

*GS nerf guns*

Players: why? thats stupid!!

GS: dont worry we will balance them later

Players:.......ok

*GS nerfs glider*

Players: why?? it was fun!!

GS: we are balancing

Players: We are still waiting for the firearms balance you promised

*GS nerfs guns again*

Players: WTF!!

and that my friend is the story of how bows are the only viable weapon ingame (and the strongest in terms of DPS)

Good thing I am starting out brand new. Bows might come in handy lol.

but no, I see what you were getting at. Just saying on day one when I get a bow, I will be happy I have the best weapon in the game lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Umm lol except for the broken spell, static was it? Flat 25% dmg to remaining health. Cheese mode on bosses with uber health pools. Made it the hardest hitting spell in the game under certain circumstances.

Look, let's not pretend the int factor wasnt broken last season untill the first nerf.

Let's not pretend it wasnt still OP for people getting lvl 100+. 

Balancing isnt for you to keep your favorite cheese. It's to even out the playing field. Math can be tricky and multipliers MUST always be very small or gear immediately becomes more important than skill. That's a road to P2W folks. I applaud the changes.

Yeah, tek vs hide is a no brainer. The fact they even made int without having properly introducing a counter to it was faulty to say the least.

almost sounds like ark and dark & light out together. 

That addition should not have been added until later on in development