Izibizi79

Wild Pirate Camps bugged?

WPC seem to be bugged. With starting an new map the seemed to spawn correctly. But after playing a few hours they seem to spawn again and again. Now I have 4 camps simultaneously at one place. Buildings are totally corrupted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sooo, when exactly and how do I know If this issue is fixed?

Do I have to start a new map? That would be very disappointing, by the way....

:classic_wacko:

from what I've seen, if  you hit an island and destroy an encampment then retreat to fix things make supplies etc or log out and then log back in, the encampments in that sector will then have multiple encampments in the same place. 

Go to a new map sector and the first encampment will probably just one level until you log out

I've also had entire encampments underground 

So these are some of the issues I've encountered at almost all of the WPE.
1 - They have god like auto aim with cannons and pistols.
2 - The encampments seem to double/triple spawn at each spot
3 - The encampments spawn underground
4 - You can't gather anything when you kill the pirate, but the animals and even the NPC crew will
5 - Pirates on cannons/puckles are immune to arrows and bullets

• Like 1

I have noticed this issue as well. Idk if all encampents thatbspawn are made of stone but that also makes em hard/impossible to destroy until your leveled more and can just bring a ship to boom boom boom the buildings on the island your on. I have noticed there aim as well, it seems they follow your left thumbstick movements. The moment it moves they move which honestly makes it way easy to get em to shoot where i want then advance. 

But hopefully this issue is fixed. Idk if either of you even noticed it either but with there camps duplicating buildings and the way its working its almost impossible to take em over. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PIRATES ARE LOCKED INSIDE THE BUILDINGS LMAO. i did figure out you can kinda cheese the ones locked inside if you have the 2 handded maul or if you use flame arrows you can burn em to death over time while they are trapped inside. If i see anything change ill repost something about it but im just hoping to be able to take encampents without it being layed in 2 to 3 stone walls. I wanna LOOT.

Found another annoying Bug: 

I host on XBox One X a Non-dedicated Game. My and my Buddy's Console often crashes after Dying during Fighting the Pirates. Every 3.-5. Death the Box crashes with a Soundloop to Dashboard.  The same happens during Treasure Fights against the Army of Dead. A Fix would be great, because this Game is very good and deserves to be perfect.😍

Edited by Jack Raven

I have a enemy camp near on other side of my island. Besides they have a ship near their beach.  Glad I got my ship pimped out with 14 cannons.  I'm going over there today to have some fun.  I like to add two more cannons yet to the top deck as well today.

I have taken to building mortars and set them up just outside their range. Then I just bombard the encampment to dust. Of course the ones that are underground don't break so easy.

I use the mortar on their ships too..

If we die enough times and keep attacking them we can kill all the pirates outside of the enemy camp, but can never take it over because there are always about 3 guys locked inside buildings. We don't appear to be able to do any damage to the buildings. And a lvl 3 pirate sloop blew our schooner out of the water. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? We are only 2 people playing co-op. 

I cheesed the guys inside the buildings by having them do the overhead smash and then shooting them in head when it pops out of the wall. Problems is after claiming the camp there are buildings inside of buildings, the whole camp is bugged. And it seems like a waste of resources to have to blow everything up with explosive barrels or cannons

Has anyone else the problem where the pirate ships patrolling the pirate camps don’t take any damage? Pretty annoying. I’m playing single player and I even tried changing the settings like player damage and stuff nothing works. Maybe somebody got a solution and hopefully the devs read this and fix it in the next patch. 

I've not had a problem with the WPE pirate ships not taking damage. I've destroyed a few in my heavily armed schooner, until I lost it... wasn't paying attention to where I was going and ran smack into s fleet of SotD galleons.... ouch... Since then... 

As I mentioned before, I have started building mortars.

For the bases, find a spot where you can hit all the buildings and start dropping rounds. These will destroy buildings (even the doubled up ones), it takes a lot of rounds but can be done. if you're on the same level (ie same ground level as the camp, not above/below) you can use the telescope to see where you're dropping rounds. Very handy.

For the ships, If you don't have a high powered ship, build a mortar near the shore and drop rounds on it. I've take out a few ships this way.

Among the bugs of the WPE is the double/triple spawning of the camps, this seems to occur if you come to and island and discover it, then log out. I've discovered islands and gone into a WPE and there was only one level. Ran away and logged and came back. Went to same camp, and it was doubled. Easily seen by the cannons sitting in the same spot. Thankfully the number of pirates doesn't double.

I'm having all these issues also. The encampment pirate ships also are 20 times harder than the ships of the damned. I'm not sure if that's intended or not.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problems mentioned here in single-player mode. Most frustrating is not being able to access the loot containers after killing off the pirates cause they're duplicated - at some of the camps I've been to, I've counted as much as 8 duplicates. I've also come across a map where there's 4 camps, I destroyed 3 but the 4th is no-where to be found - it's as if it's inside the mountain.  This duplication of the camps has also caused one of my bears to be stuck into the camp, as if it's hitbox overlaps with that of a duplication in the camp and now he can't get loose.

Does anyone have any idea when this bug will be resolved cause I don't want to continue playing when it's this frustrating?

Edited by Lyonel

I've had one pirate stuck in the ground and I could kill the rest. I just ended up using the command destroywilddinos. I know its feels like cheating but for now that's what I do when its stuck in the ground. People could use that for buildings that have enemies in them but theres 10 doors to break through also.

I really would like to know if the ships connected to pirate camps are intended to be as hard as they are. They seem to regain health at a crazy rate and that's why they are hard. I havent upgraded my galleon yet but being by myself a lvl 1 galleon is about all I can handle. A lvl 3 is really pushing it and anything over that and I'm toast. Ships of the damned I can take on lvl 1-20 like batting a fly. I'd like to turn up the difficulty because everything else is too easy but if I do then I wont be able to take over islands.

the pirate ships are flippin crazy. As noted, they take so much to damage, repair like crazy and on top of that, they can backup like a flipping sports car.

If you can't find an encampment, you could use the "fly" command and zoom around until you find it. Look way up on top of mountains.

I've found the best thing to do for ones that mesh underground, use "ghost" and go underground and "kill" it.

Use the "kill" command to destroy your way through multiple layers of building to get to the loot or free a pirate stuck in between.

Or finally, like myself.... just disable WPE and go back to trying to find treasure maps that are bugged and give thousands of gold and blueprints

I believe they do theres just many many bugs right now. I think making complex wild pirates is something they've never done before and the connected servers they havent either and I think that's the part that's making it so buggy. I love the game and ark and I hope to see this game run good in the future. It's sad how many bugs there are though. Ark was never this bad.

For the camps with enemies spawned inside the buildings:

Bomb the hell out of them...or 2h mace power swings.

Then there are those pirates on cannons that cannot persuaded to unseat themselves (since they take no damage from ranged attacks).  We have to get up to them and hit them with a melee attack to unseat them.  It helps to always bring a grappling hook with you as it will allow you to get to the roof tops.  If you find a base with a cannon on top of a tower that has walkways on every side you will have to shimmy up, swing back, then jump to launch yourself over it.  Or...you know...swing back and forth from the nearby flag then propel yourself straight at the cannon.  Whichever works best for you indy.

For the ships:

It's not that they take no damage, it's more like they heal obscenely fast. (3 of us managed to get onto the schooner, break the mast to 0 and it gets repaired to full in a minute.

You can always mortar the ships if you are able to make them.  If you are not, i have found that leading them to shallows with a raft works well.  Build a ship cannon close by, build a door way to block shots, and continuously pepper them while they concentrate on the raft and then you. 

I've never tried Harpoons...Will they work?

I've notice that after taking a encampment some structures seem duplicated in the exact same spot. one copy being the original pirate tribe structures and the other my tribe version of the structures.
Is this what people talk about when they say duplicate spawns?
Is there a way of fixing it?
i.e. destroy the claim flag and claim the other one?

I think the pirate ships are to give a single player a taste of pvp. The ships do repair but I think they run out of mats. Ie you hit them and their health either doesn't go down or goes down a little bit then goes up. However once they run out of mats their health goes down at a steady rate. It's meant to simulate a player ship with several players on board that are repairing. Same thing happens with the pirates inside the buildings. I've see a door go from 0 to full health just like as if a player inside had replaced the door.

The duplicate buildings problem still exists and they really need to fix it. But they only care about official pvp server play.

Edited by moozoo