Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
rasemaier

Patch Notes - Thank you

Recommended Posts

Quote

- Map spoil time increased by 3x when in bookshelves (this means they take longer to spoil)
- Explosive Barrels now sink 50% faster and for a total of 6 minutes (increased from 5)
- Unthinkable Delicacy cooldown decreased to 2 hours
- Keratin farmed per minute on cat reduced to 10 (from 40)
- Whale hitting XP increased by 10%
- The rate at which ice is consumed in an icebox has been increased by 10%
- Icebox insulation distance increased by 20%
- Ambient temperature required to make ice has increased to 0
- Reduced blueprint bonus weapon damage and durability by 25%
- Target Soft Spots and Target Weakness can no longer be used when wearing a Pike
- Swords and Pike now pierce armour by 4x the previous amount
- Reduced blueprint bonus armour resistance scaling by 40%
- Reduced blueprint bonus armour durability scaling by 55%
- Reduced blueprint bonus health given by armours by 40%
- Reduced blueprint bonus weight given by armours by 66%
- Removed health bonus from rejuvenate buff
- Health has been capped to 300 and players have been given a free-one time respec
- Ship changes:

Galleon:
Extra Weight per level increased to 600
Extra Crew per level increased to 2
Extra Beds per level increased to 1
Extra Sturdiness per level increased to 4%

Brigantine:
Extra Weight per level increased to 400
Extra Crew per level increased to 1
Extra Beds per level increased to 1
Extra Sturdiness per level increased to 4%

Schooner:
Extra Weight per level increased to 200
Extra Crew per level increased to 1
Extra Beds per level increased to 1
Extra Sturdiness per level increased to 4%

Sloop:
Extra Weight per level increased to 100
Extra Crew per level increased to 1
Extra Beds per level increased to 1
Extra Sturdiness per level increased to 4%

General changes:
Extra Resistance is now capped at 396%
Extra damage is now capped at 252% and adjusted to 4% gained per level

- Large Cannon Damage buffed by 10%
- Reduced shark team notify radius by 15% (how far they can call other sharks for help)
- Claim Flags can no longer be placed underwater

amazing, thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good stuff in there, but I dont really like the hard caps. If someone wants to play/experiment with a glasscannon ship with all points into damage, he should be able to.

Same with the hitpoints cap.

Hard caps are simply the lazy and easy way to balance your sandbox game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oni said:

Some good stuff in there, but I dont really like the hard caps. If someone wants to play/experiment with a glasscannon ship with all points into damage, he should be able to.

Same with the hitpoints cap.

Hard caps are simply the lazy and easy way to balance your sandbox game.

The hard caps are very bad for unofficial pve servers. Most of those are boosted to some degree, and progression is important to keep people playing. I get pvp needs balancing but leave it configurable for pve servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rasemaier said:

amazing, thank you!

 

appreciate.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BxgJ said:

The hard caps are very bad for unofficial pve servers. Most of those are boosted to some degree, and progression is important to keep people playing. I get pvp needs balancing but leave it configurable for pve servers.

I agree. I would like to see hard caps made optional for unofficial servers. I run one, and everyone will need to respec due to the health cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they sorted the blueprint sails out yet to go faster than normal speed sails? As far as I know blueprint sails don't make any difference than normal ones. Hopefully they do something with the wind and speed very soon before we all get sick of sailing for hours again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oni said:

Some good stuff in there, but I dont really like the hard caps. If someone wants to play/experiment with a glasscannon ship with all points into damage, he should be able to.

Same with the hitpoints cap.

Hard caps are simply the lazy and easy way to balance your sandbox game.

Hard caps aren't bad. People getting lvl 100+ with over 400hp with nigh unlimited stamina, fortitude and all skill trees are bad. 

I'm all for diminishing returns, but the easy way is what GS needs to go with. Personally, I would have just capped levels and BPs, as that would balanced stats and given ability points more importance at the same time. Skill should always > gear.

Starting with health,  300 is more than generous.

BPs have been out of control. Reducing thier base stats gives GS the ability to not trash the intelligence stat and still have some semblance of balance.

Let's keep in mind, it's a game about being a pirate. That very nature precludes GS to develop the game with that in mind. Changes will ALWAYS be made based on PvP. There is a server to play as a pirate who cant pirate, but the game is clearly not catered to it. 

Really looks like great changes. I'd still like to see the speed sails fixed as well. Its unfortunate they are already meta and fixing them makes the other sails 100% useless.

I'm still looking for ship invulnerability while anchored and an AH in free ports as the least they can do to make the game viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ship invunerability would be nonsense, but getting rid of wartoken and maybe making the war time dependend on the company size might be a good change imo.

Or if technically feasible, let us have a way to store ships - like storing the dinos in their Cryopods in Ark, give it timers to make it not exploitable -> that at least would increase performance in harbours and on the servers and make it possible for small tribes to hide their ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

- Map spoil time increased by 3x when in bookshelves (this means they take longer to spoil)

does this mean they last 3x longer or spoil 3x faster? if the later, that sucks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

does this mean they last 3x longer or spoil 3x faster? if the later, that sucks

 

(this means they take longer to spoil)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oni said:

Ship invunerability would be nonsense

I'm curious why you would say this. I said anchored ships. They should neither take nor deal dmg. The boat is the exact same as it is now once you raise anchor. This solves a lot of problems, but chiefly the #1 and #2 reason people quit/dislike Atlas.

1. I got wiped...again. Lost every thing... again. I quit. 

2. Sailing takes too long, I cant go very far becuase I have to return to a safe (yeah right) base to park for the day. I quit.

If this is the ever be an MMORPG, and they say they want it to be, at some point there needs to be something that is garunteed to still be there when I log back in.

Safe anchor allows your boat to be your base, while limiting, severely so, how much stuff you can save. At the same time the whole map is now open to you as you dont HAVE to return to an island fortress to preserve your boat and voyage.

The only other thing this might require is adjusting the ship per company limit. Easily done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

I'm curious why you would say this. I said anchored ships. They should neither take nor deal dmg. The boat is the exact same as it is now once you raise anchor. This solves a lot of problems, but chiefly the #1 and #2 reason people quit/dislike Atlas.

1. I got wiped...again. Lost every thing... again. I quit. 

2. Sailing takes too long, I cant go very far becuase I have to return to a safe (yeah right) base to park for the day. I quit.

If this is the ever be an MMORPG, and they say they want it to be, at some point there needs to be something that is garunteed to still be there when I log back in.

Safe anchor allows your boat to be your base, while limiting, severely so, how much stuff you can save. At the same time the whole map is now open to you as you dont HAVE to return to an island fortress to preserve your boat and voyage.

The only other thing this might require is adjusting the ship per company limit. Easily done.

If it was only in freeports it would be fine, even good for the game. But safe anchor anywhere? hell no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, znasser said:

If it was only in freeports it would be fine, even good for the game. But safe anchor anywhere? hell no.

its not about if you or i would like it like that, is the only viable option in you want to have a bigger population than the 3k loyal ark players

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 3:41 AM, znasser said:

If it was only in freeports it would be fine, even good for the game. But safe anchor anywhere? hell no.

So, I asked WHY you, or rather oni, disagree. Should I take your response as simply, becuase you dont like it based on nothing whatsoever?

Edited by Chucksteak
Further review of the play
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and the official blackwood map is still broken. So many bugs (major ones) and since the first post about any bug in blackwood we received zero answers. Only a "we look at it" here and there but nothing, absolutely nothing changed. Not one word was written down about the bug, where you fall into the ocean at Hydra island (who is there since the snakeboss get implemented). Not one word about the missing resources or biomes. Not in the roadmap a month ago, nor somewhere else. 

Now my question: is blackwood death? Do you once tell us about your ideas about how and when you will fix it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, Geminia_Sierra said:

does this mean they last 3x longer or spoil 3x faster? if the later, that sucks

 

Why would you think it might be true that they would disincentivize putting maps on bookshelves? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×