Sign in to follow this  
Excelex

Maybe the reason why the developers do not care yet.

Sony has confirmed that from a tech point of view they can now enable crossplay on any game. Once the xbox version is dropped do not expect any big content drops until they add this support as well. (This is what I am thinking)

"As part of a short interview with PlayStation boss Jim Ryan, Wired revealed that the new system can now support any game that wants to use it. Which still doesn’t mean every game will have crossplay, but they could if they wanted to."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/02/ps4-cross-play-exits-beta-now-a-full-feature-for-developers

Since Atlas will have crossplay from the beginning of its Xbox launch, I’m not sure how this information affects Atlas in any way. They thing they could do they are already doing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Excelex said:

Sony has confirmed that from a tech point of view they can now enable crossplay on any game. Once the xbox version is dropped do not expect any big content drops until they add this support as well. (This is what I am thinking)

"As part of a short interview with PlayStation boss Jim Ryan, Wired revealed that the new system can now support any game that wants to use it. Which still doesn’t mean every game will have crossplay, but they could if they wanted to."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/02/ps4-cross-play-exits-beta-now-a-full-feature-for-developers

Nah, PlayStation won’t be getting the game for another year. Regardless of crossplay, PlayStation doesn’t do early access games. There will be plenty of content well before this game comes to PlayStation 

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, PlayStation won’t be getting the game for another year. Regardless of crossplay, PlayStation doesn’t do early access games. There will be plenty of content well before this game comes to PlayStation 

Yeah. My thought, too. If Sony isn't aboard now, then they won't come aboard until after full release - if at all. 

24 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh I think that’s the detail I assumed the Op knew, that Sony doesn’t do EA games.

• Like 1

I have a PS4 also but I never use it, since they made everyone pay a subscription to play games I ditched it and bought myself a top end PC that would last for years and no subscription to pay on PC and you get cheaper games also. Don't get me wrong I love Playstation, infact I have been very loyal to them in stay from my very 1st console PS1 but after the subscription thing it turned my mind.

I think crossplay on all consoles is a good thing, the more the better as it connects more people to give a better experience. I don't think it will come to PS4 also though, at least until it is a more finished game. I can't wait until they get some sort of auction house going or market place so we can trade like in other MMO's, that's what will keep players active also.

Yeh with xbox you have to have xbox live too, the corporate world of gaming is cash grab, grab more cash. That's why i've always had pc's for gaming too, cheaper games and no online access charges. But I see the big shark on the horizon of pc gaming waiting to strike, don't know how long it will take them but they are moving in very stealthily right now. I'm sure all game devs care about what they do, but i'm equally sure they can also see the future of online gaming and it's not gonna be rosy for the little fish.