Sansa Phoenix

This is all backwards...

To Grapeshot:

I think you've done this all wrong. 

While I understand that you want to make 'corrections to issues' before putting up the other grids, did you ever consider that it was not only unfair to pve players to make us wait, but that by not releasing xbox/crossplay at the same time you are potentially just going to have a whole other set of issues to 'patch' after you put the other three grids back up? You're really not saving yourself time, nor saving any hassles for your player-base, whats left of it.

I'm a PvE player. Not PvP.  I 'get' you LOVE your pvp style, but lets not forget that a good chunk of your players are PvE, and you're just basically crapping on us by catering to PvP only like this.

I'm off work today and tomorrow, and instead of being able to get (re) started (x2), I just get to sit here and read forums. I may not be off work again for a good long time, so the chances of me being able to rebuild on the 8th, 9th, 10th.... etc, is sketchy at best. 

If you want to TRULY make Atlas great, it all starts with how you treat your 'customers'. You canNOT -only- cater to PvP, and blow the PvE people off like this. You could have put up a PvE grid as well. 

And as far as the Xbox/crossplay goes, what sense does it make to NOT troubleshoot issues with this alongside any for pc, at the same time? None. And now, any console players going to NA PvP will have to contend with PC PvPers who have had a full WEEK to get a head start over them. So not only have you catered to PvP and left PvE to eat dust for an extra week and a half, but you've also just dissed your potential console players, too. 

Do your customers right: Release Xbox/crossplay NOW, so the PC people don't get any more of a head start than they already have, and for the love of the gods... put up a PvE grid for the rest of us!

And just to let anyone reading this know: I'm a PC player. And I'm looking forward to crossplay. More people = more fun!

EDIT: I would just like to add that PvP and PvE are very different play-styles. What amendments you make for one might not work for the other. It would make more sense to see this and correct it on two grids now, rather than scramble to fix it on 4, later.

Edited by Sansa Phoenix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Think the one server only is up this week so they can do last minute testing for the crossplay, leaving the other servers to be fresh starts for the crossplay when it goes live.  If they opened up Napvp like they have, for this testing and said, well .. its up for testing but, we are going to wipe it again in a week, don't think anyone would log in  resulting in .. well, unable to test it...  You have little patience in life, it seems. Its the technical stuff to do with connections and basics they are testing out, not the playstyle.

I agree, but after this last wipe I'm just going to play solo from here on out. MMOs like this just feel too much like a 2nd job that I don't get paid for. I'd rather play (or not) on my own schedule without having to worry about what's happening to everything I've built in the game. Or starting from scratch from all the wipes. 

I believe the NAPVP server is only up for testing like Lianti said. Otherwise it would be down until the 8th too. Sure they could have opened a PvE server instead but then you will have someone from PvP posting the same thing. The reality is they need to keep most servers down until the 8th for the influx of Xbox players. The my need as many Xbox players as possible to keep this game afloat. Otherwise, thousands of Xbox players will leave if most islands are already taken. They risk the same thing happening as the PC launch. Tens of thousands of players quickly left the game because there was no where for them. It is an issue they still need to address.

No. They have stated that the Na PvP grid is 'permanently' launched. It won't be wiped again, even though they are using it to 'test' things out. I'm a pretty patient person most of the time, but sometimes (like now) I think we're made to wait when its not entirely necessary. If they were going to wipe the grid currently up, there wouldn't be so many xbox players complaining about the head start PC players are going to have by the time they release it all and put up the other grids.

As for the play style, yes, its a valid point. Pvp and pve are completely different, and it would make more sense to troubleshoot them both at the same time, along with crossplay. I know of several changes they made to one or the other play style that had to be patched for its opposite because what works for pvp, doesn't necessarily work for pve, and vice versa.

Not to mention it isn't fair that only pvp people on PC get to play NOW, while the rest of us have to sit back and 'be patient'. Some of us work a LOT, and we only have a short amount of time to be able to enjoy the games we want to play. AND... It just makes more sense to put up one grid of each, release crossplay, and THEN make adjustments on those two grids before releasing the other 2. 

And I'd like to add that by releasing 2 grids fully, then more people have more of a chance. I mean, you can argue about the potential lack of land, or whatnot, and I get it... but the PC pvp people having a week and a half head start isn't fair either. I've played pvp. that much of a head start can be a very bad thing to anyone else just starting. Crossplay needed to be released along with pvp and a pve grid going up to troubleshoot all at once. at this rate, they are only troubleshooting the PC side. On ONE grid. That won't help any potential crossplay issues.

Edited by Sansa Phoenix

7 minutes ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

No. They have stated that the Na PvP grid is 'permanently' launched. It won't be wiped again, even though they are using it to 'test' things out. I'm a pretty patient person most of the time, but sometimes (like now) I think we're made to wait when its not entirely necessary. If they were going to wipe the grid currently up, there wouldn't be so many xbox players complaining about the head start PC players are going to have by the time they release it all and put up the other grids.

As for the play style, yes, its a valid point. Pvp and pve are completely different, and it would make more sense to troubleshoot them both at the same time, along with crossplay. I know of several changes they made to one or the other play style that had to be patched for its opposite because what works for pvp, doesn't necessarily work for pve, and vice versa.

Not to mention it isn't fair that only pvp people on PC get to play NOW, while the rest of us have to sit back and 'be patient'. Some of us work a LOT, and we only have a short amount of time to be able to enjoy the games we want to play. AND... It just makes more sense to put up one grid of each, release crossplay, and THEN make adjustments on those two grids before releasing the other 2. 

That is true, they aren’t wiping servers again. But they have stated the point of opening NA PvP early was to test the network for crossplay. The network remains the same on all 4 servers so testing one server and applying fixes to it will fix the other 3. However, as a PvP player I do wish they opened the PvE server early instead of PvP to test the network since the “headstart” is a much bigger deal in PvP than PvE since it is essentially a tech race and 10 days is a huge advantage. In PvE the advantage is first dibs on land, not survival. So in that regard. It is backwards.

Edited by Baps

Exactly.

AND...

As I've said, We have seen them (those of us in PvE) make changes to PvP, only to find out in short order that it had to be seriously adjusted (meaning, immediately patched) for PvE because pve rules/playstyle is so much different than pvp. 

AND...

The major problem with testing out this ONE sever too, is that they ONLY released it for PC players. How then can they possibly be testing the crossplay part of it when there aren't any xbox people able to play on it too?

Think about it: its all backwards, how they are doing this.

At least by putting up one grid in pvp and pve, releasing it for the xbox people so crossplay is in effect, they are able to see the big picture and fix issues, not just the PC side, and PvP-only side of PC, to boot. 

AND....

if they'd do it this way, ALL of us could be playing right now, not just pc pvp people. GS would be able to fully troubleshoot, and we would all be able to play. Win/Win. As it stands now, I don't see this as fair for anyone on MANY levels.

9 minutes ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

The major problem with testing out this ONE sever too, is that they ONLY released it for PC players. How then can they possibly be testing the crossplay part of it when there aren't any xbox people able to play on it too?

They also answered that. In house devs/testers are playing with Xboxs.

They have to make the network as stable as possible when it launches on Xbox. Only way is through testing.

Edited by Baps

a small number of devs playing on xbox won't be a true test like having actual player-base xbox players on that server testing the limits. 

And thats an absolute fact. 

Look at the initial release and the FUBAR that ensued. they had inhouse/dev testing then as well, but that wasn't enough to see the actual problems they had, and unfortunately, that fact was crystal clear when there were body piles in every freeport, no one could move two steps in a freeport without lagging 4 steps backwards, and NO land to settle. 

There is a HUGE difference in 'in-house testing' and testing by way of actual player-base.

6 hours ago, Baps said:

That is true, they aren’t wiping servers again. But they have stated the point of opening NA PvP early was to test the network for crossplay. The network remains the same on all 4 servers so testing one server and applying fixes to it will fix the other 3. However, as a PvP player I do wish they opened the PvE server early instead of PvP to test the network since the “headstart” is a much bigger deal in PvP than PvE since it is essentially a tech race and 10 days is a huge advantage. In PvE the advantage is first dibs on land, not survival. So in that regard. It is backwards.

But they could have accomplished the same testing goal by saying all live servers are closed, and if you want to play go to PTR where the devs will be on their xboxes.  The only advantage PC has then is they scouted the map early.

Edited by krazmuze

8 hours ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

To Grapeshot:

I think you've done this all wrong. 

While I understand that you want to make 'corrections to issues' before putting up the other grids, did you ever consider that it was not only unfair to pve players to make us wait, but that by not releasing xbox/crossplay at the same time you are potentially just going to have a whole other set of issues to 'patch' after you put the other three grids back up? You're really not saving yourself time, nor saving any hassles for your player-base, whats left of it.

I'm a PvE player. Not PvP.  I 'get' you LOVE your pvp style, but lets not forget that a good chunk of your players are PvE, and you're just basically crapping on us by catering to PvP only like this.

I'm off work today and tomorrow, and instead of being able to get (re) started (x2), I just get to sit here and read forums. I may not be off work again for a good long time, so the chances of me being able to rebuild on the 8th, 9th, 10th.... etc, is sketchy at best. 

If you want to TRULY make Atlas great, it all starts with how you treat your 'customers'. You canNOT -only- cater to PvP, and blow the PvE people off like this. You could have put up a PvE grid as well. 

And as far as the Xbox/crossplay goes, what sense does it make to NOT troubleshoot issues with this alongside any for pc, at the same time? None. And now, any console players going to NA PvP will have to contend with PC PvPers who have had a full WEEK to get a head start over them. So not only have you catered to PvP and left PvE to eat dust for an extra week and a half, but you've also just dissed your potential console players, too. 

Do your customers right: Release Xbox/crossplay NOW, so the PC people don't get any more of a head start than they already have, and for the love of the gods... put up a PvE grid for the rest of us!

And just to let anyone reading this know: I'm a PC player. And I'm looking forward to crossplay. More people = more fun!

EDIT: I would just like to add that PvP and PvE are very different play-styles. What amendments you make for one might not work for the other. It would make more sense to see this and correct it on two grids now, rather than scramble to fix it on 4, later.

dont bother mate, they dont care, the moment i saw that the weapons nerf in pvp was applied to pve servers too (making bows better than guns as a fact) i knew they simply dont give a fuck, at that was just the beggining, what they have been doing all this time is trying to pull the dishonest card as a seller, all major companies have been doing the same and they tought "if they can get away with it we also can"

The way I see it is.. there will be a turnover of ownership of islands and all on the PVP server.. PVE, not so much, unless inactive. I think, opening up a pvp one is the better choice, just because some people will have a head start it wont be long before others will catch up and contests will spring up all over. 😛

erm, am speaking as a non Pvp player, I honestly suck at pvp, I get the handshakes and all when ever I engage in it.. well Not when firing a cannon.. find that I am fine there 😛  .. Honestly, it is more fair to do it with a pvp server, where new players can catch up quickly if they dedicate the play time and pass even, all but the Established like minded "no life" players..  PvE, if pc were let in a week in advance..not so much so...

I am solo sneaking around the Napvp server, I feel like a deer about to get pounced on all the time.. /cry lolol

Edited by Liatni

4 hours ago, Liatni said:

The way I see it is.. there will be a turnover of ownership of islands and all on the PVP server.. PVE, not so much, unless inactive. I think, opening up a pvp one is the better choice, just because some people will have a head start it wont be long before others will catch up and contests will spring up all over. 😛

erm, am speaking as a non Pvp player, I honestly suck at pvp, I get the handshakes and all when ever I engage in it.. well Not when firing a cannon.. find that I am fine there 😛  .. Honestly, it is more fair to do it with a pvp server, where new players can catch up quickly if they dedicate the play time and pass even, all but the Established like minded "no life" players..  PvE, if pc were let in a week in advance..not so much so...

I am solo sneaking around the Napvp server, I feel like a deer about to get pounced on all the time.. /cry lolol

Hello at liatni. Yeah the opposite is pretty much going to happen unfortunately. Having that big of a head start in PvP with already having knowledge of the game is a permanent and continuous advantage and the gap will never close.

part of pvp is being able to crush your enemies so they can’t do the same to you. If someone is already level 60-70 who knows maybe higher and the others are level 1. It will be easy to continuously wipe the lower level players. Every time a wipe like this occurs it increases the gap that we are talking about because the lower level people go back to the beginning every time while the higher level players continue to progress.

and I not here to argue with you because even pve would be a bad idea as far as this goes, I just wanted to let you know how the pvp route would go as well.

so yeah, the gap will continue to grow and nothing can stop it. Not events(which will definitely further the gap every time one happens). I have a feeling on launch day there will be EU PvP which will be full and NA PvP which will be empty. That is a pretty safe assumption 

So wiping PVP and PVE servers just for new players does not help at all..?!?! 😱
Who *cough*Realist*cough* would have not known that before...?🤔

5 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

So wiping PVP and PVE servers just for new players does not help at all..?!?! 😱
Who *cough*Realist*cough* would have not known that before...?🤔

With the 10 day head start? Nah it didn’t matter lol

i wasn’t speaking for pve btw.

but yeah since they are doing a 10 day head start they pretty much just screwed you guys by wiping

edit: well NA PvP anyways

4 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

this is why im starting a character on EUpvp when it comes online, just in case that server becomes the populated one.

Ohhhh yeah. Eu will definitely be the populated one lol

Edited by Realist

The area of the map on Napvp, I have not even seen the larger groups or any lager group raiding  yet 😛 Have seen raids going on down near the equator of the map though. Watched some of a good two hour pvp battle going on down there with two groups both land and sea player levels were not 50 yet and a few of them kept getting owned by a  lvl 28. lolol

Edited by Liatni