Sign in to follow this  
Sau

One Question about PvE Claim/Build Rules

Fresh start in a week and i wanna know how this claim/build stuff works on PVE. I am not new to the game but i didnt play the last half year and i know alot of things have changed.

Example:

I wanna build on an island that has no owner yet. lets say i build a house there and a few hours later someone comes to this island and claims the island. can he remove my house? i know there is a timer for that but i dont know how long or how exactly it works. The point i wanna know is how does it work on unclaimed islands and what happens if the island gets a new owner.

I dont plan to claim an island so i just wanna be on the safe side that no claim owner can remove my stuff so easy.

When you build something there is a 24h window where the island owner can demolish it.

If you are on unclaimed land the timer is still there but someone will need to claim and demolish within that 24h window.

Talk to the current / new owner, most will be happy you are there, (tax they gain and you don't pay, increased time between island payments). if you or them arn't the few assholes in the game then all will be fine.

Edit: if you are worried about not being on at the same time, put a signpost up with a greeting on it.

Edited by Jack Shandy

Everything you build will have a 24 Hour Timer, so if you Decide you Want a new shipyard or something Else,those will also have a 24 h Timer on them. But most Island owners like to have tennants And a small Chat about what And where u build gives both the Safety that no one Blocks each Other. Before the wipe we had a Crazy Guy Who build on the southside And made castle And such. It looked amazing, And we Never had Problems with Stone or flint And in Return we paid for his Crew 

Is the 24 hour removal timer everything? Say could I get on after the wipe set ourselves up a few house foundations and then build them upwards over the next few days as people claim the islands without the risk of it been deleted? Or will simply extending a house upwards still have that 24 hour removal timer?

It is for anything placed. You place your foundations. The owner doesn't notice them. They pass 24 hours. They are now in the safe zone. You throw up walls, owner doesn't like them, he deletes them. He can't remove your foundations, but he can blow up anything you place for 24 hours.

15 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

It is for anything placed. You place your foundations. The owner doesn't notice them. They pass 24 hours. They are now in the safe zone. You throw up walls, owner doesn't like them, he deletes them. He can't remove your foundations, but he can blow up anything you place for 24 hours.

Right so would building things on the foundations such as Crafting stations, Storage Boxes, Beds etc also be subject to the 24 hour rule?

Yes, everything you drop is on the 24 hour timer. One way to get around it is to have your area enclosed so they cant get inside. Then whatever you drop they can't access.

2 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Yes, everything you drop is on the 24 hour timer. One way to get around it is to have your area enclosed so they cant get inside. Then whatever you drop they can't access.

Thanks for the clarification, I'm just figuring out a worst case scenario so hopefully none of that worry will ever be needed :classic_laugh: