Realist

Give me an idea of how fast you are leveling on NA PVP

So who has the highest level?

who already has galleons?

who has a big base with strong defenses?

and so forth?

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

So who has the highest level?

who already has galleons?

who has a big base with strong defenses?

and so forth?

Joined PVP for a bit to See New Islands And im already Level 50 Without power leveling. I saw galleons And Big bases 🙂  also alot of friendly tribes out there. They helped me exploring as i told them im just scouting a bit. One tribe Attacked One of the guys that helped me out while i was at their base. Stole some Oil Jars And Set their ship on fire 😄 

• Haha 1

Ye level 50 here easily. Treasure hunting for a bit and our company already has a few galleons up so game’s still easy. Once you have tames ofcourse. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Ye level 50 here easily. Treasure hunting for a bit and our company already has a few galleons up so game’s still easy. Once you have tames ofcourse. 

Ok, I won’t be doing tames(in the beginning) but I am more focused on dp’s. How many people are in your company?

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Ok, I won’t be doing tames(in the beginning) but I am more focused on dp’s. How many people are in your company?

4 others, and you kinda need tames in this game. If you get a good tame in the beginning, even a pig, you can do most treasures already. Leveling up quick and getting a base/ship setup fast. We haven’t actually made a base yet, we’re just roaming around on our galleons. 

But just for the record, I hate the fact that you need tames. The devs didn’t want tames to play a big role in this game and now they’re the thing you can’t live without. Why not use crew to harvest items for you instead of tames. Guess the dev team has 0 creativity. I think it all stayed at ark’s wildcard if you see all the shit they’ve been doing lately. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

4 others, and you kinda need tames in this game. If you get a good tame in the beginning, even a pig, you can do most treasures already. Leveling up quick and getting a base/ship setup fast. We haven’t actually made a base yet, we’re just roaming around on our galleons. 

But just for the record, I hate the fact that you need tames. The devs didn’t want tames to play a big role in this game and now they’re the thing you can’t live without. Why not use crew to harvest items for you instead of tames. Guess the dev team has 0 creativity. I think it all stayed at ark’s wildcard if you see all the shit they’ve been doing lately. 

The plan is to Smaller the importance of tames in the Future And for "endgame" you Dont Need them anyway. Most Farming is done per Hand with yeti skill And for Most Maps i actually loved to take NPC Crew with me. They might be dumb af when trying to walk them somewhere but with a Decent Plate Armor And sword or pike they do shitloads of damage.

1 hour ago, zottel said:

The plan is to Smaller the importance of tames in the Future And for "endgame" you Dont Need them anyway. Most Farming is done per Hand with yeti skill And for Most Maps i actually loved to take NPC Crew with me. They might be dumb af when trying to walk them somewhere but with a Decent Plate Armor And sword or pike they do shitloads of damage.

Then why did they say that they never wanted the tames to be this important, but because of the cries of many they got buffed so hard that this game went into it’s most unbalanced state ever. I don’t get why you go from less, to a lot and then back to less. 

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Exactly! Crew should be the main sidekicks.

I would implement npcs with special abilitys, like the dinos in ark. And some special heros, from who you only cab have one as companion/ officer with good fighting skills

40 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Then why did they say that they never wanted the tames to be this important, but because of the cries of many they got buffed so hard that this game went into it’s most unbalanced state ever. I don’t get why you go from less, to a lot and then back to less. 

They Wanted to make them less Important After the new lead Designer took over, so guess he will be making Atlas Atlas And Not Ark 2.0. i would love them to Change tames to what they were like in the Release Times. Only tamable with Thread prefered Food And also half taming Speed again. I Liked it that a Wolf could kill 1-2 Wolfs And then was almost dead because they were kinda the Same strength as the wild ones. What i would like would take the 30% resistance away from imprint Buff And legt some tames have an armored saddle Version or so.

37 minutes ago, zottel said:

They Wanted to make them less Important After the new lead Designer took over, so guess he will be making Atlas Atlas And Not Ark 2.0. i would love them to Change tames to what they were like in the Release Times. Only tamable with Thread prefered Food And also half taming Speed again. I Liked it that a Wolf could kill 1-2 Wolfs And then was almost dead because they were kinda the Same strength as the wild ones. What i would like would take the 30% resistance away from imprint Buff And legt some tames have an armored saddle Version or so.

Jat or Jerm said before it even launched that tames will not have a big role in this game, but here we are. 

2 hours ago, eeeceee said:

I miss alpha tiger infested islands... 🙂

I miss predators at all 🙂 Most Islands have close to non anymore,yet we had One Island we Used to tame Tigers Which always had 20+ in a taming trap. If there Wasnt And Good Levels we threw a Grenade in it. But if there was 1 high Level in it try shoot the others while they running around to keep only the One tiger alive XD 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eeeceee said:

I miss alpha tiger infested islands... 🙂

is funny how people come to a survival game but want a safe enviroment, this game was actually dangerous when launched, i cant remember how many times i died, but it was challenging and fun, then they made the wild creatures dumb and infected them with alzheimer (they would faint attack you then run away then forget that they even saw you ROFL) and if that was not enough alpha's count was diminished too now Atlas is a boring game with boring land gameplay and boring sea gameplay, like a minecraft without digging, a building/sailing simulator.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

is funny how people come to a survival game but want a safe enviroment, this game was actually dangerous when launched, i cant remember how many times i died, but it was challenging and fun, then they made the wild creatures dumb and infected them with alzheimer (they would faint attack you then run away then forget that they even saw you ROFL) and if that was not enough alpha's count was diminished too now Atlas is a boring game with boring land gameplay and boring sea gameplay, like a minecraft without digging, a building/sailing simulator.

Wouldnt be the First And definitly Not the Last Game where fighting for your live Turns into a pillow fight. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, zottel said:

Wouldnt be the First And definitly Not the Last Game where fighting for your live Turns into a pillow fight.  

indeed, and that is sad.

Think it Wasnt even that Predator spawns were too many or they were too Strong.they Nerfed them Pretty early After release And People just did Not know how to defend themselfs. Since then when can Breed Tier 3 And breeding got alot easier And taming And Farming aswell. Its a bit like the Release of a new Hero in Heroes of the Storm, First the New Hero seems Totally OP,then the Hero get nerfed And After People find out how to Counter them they get buffed again,as they never were too Strong because People just knew by then how to Handle them. I mean before the First wipe close to no One Used swivel guns to keep their base Safe in PVE

On 10/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, The D Legacy said:

indeed, and that is sad.

19 hours ago, zottel said:

Think it Wasnt even that Predator spawns were too many or they were too Strong.they Nerfed them Pretty early After release And People just did Not know how to defend themselfs. Since then when can Breed Tier 3 And breeding got alot easier And taming And Farming aswell. Its a bit like the Release of a new Hero in Heroes of the Storm, First the New Hero seems Totally OP,then the Hero get nerfed And After People find out how to Counter them they get buffed again,as they never were too Strong because People just knew by then how to Handle them. I mean before the First wipe close to no One Used swivel guns to keep their base Safe in PVE

Yeah, with the way I grind I don’t care too much about a pillow fight. If I am grinding I don’t want interruptions because that slows my efficiency.

from what everyone has been saying here I can still have a challenge, I just need to not bring a bear when fighting the AotD and not bring multiple ships when fighting the kraken or SotD. 

Since this is a sandbox I can make this as hard or easy as I want. Same reason as I won’t take shortcuts getting the DP’s.

from what I have seen it will take quite a while to get bored. It’s all about not rushing through content.

30 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, with the way I grind I don’t care too much about a pillow fight. If I am grinding I don’t want interruptions because that slows my efficiency.

from what everyone has been saying here I can still have a challenge, I just need to not bring a bear when fighting the AotD and not bring multiple ships when fighting the kraken or SotD. 

Since this is a sandbox I can make this as hard or easy as I want. Same reason as I won’t take shortcuts getting the DP’s.

from what I have seen it will take quite a while to get bored. It’s all about not rushing through content.

If you will ever get out of Ideas on what to do feel free to Message me ^^ have been making myself a challenge List Which still Need to be completed 🙂 sadly you cant use Grenades anymore while gliding so You cant kill sotds anymore with Grenades.

11 minutes ago, zottel said:

If you will ever get out of Ideas on what to do feel free to Message me ^^ have been making myself a challenge List Which still Need to be completed 🙂 sadly you cant use Grenades anymore while gliding so You cant kill sotds anymore with Grenades.

Are you pve or pvp? I think I remember it being pvp. Either way once I get done with dp’s and building monumental bases, if I ever do get bored and you are on pvp we can always go over there and blow your mind lol

save room for at least 6 people in the company though. I say 6 because my buddy’s son and his friend are those hardcore ark pvpers that build small and duo raid big ass bases. I used to hate playing ark with them because they had the whole server pissed at us and stifled my building because we were always getting attacked lol 

still have to do our own thing but months from now I may offer our services to some one

3 hours ago, Realist said:

the problem is the devs made it so SotD armies are inmune to all types of damage except that of mounts and ..... was it firearms? and by firearms i mean bows since we know guns are shit now, so depending of the map dificulty you might not be able to do it, to highlight the fact that i dont have empiric experiece with that since it was introduced after i quit, but  have read comments saying that.

23 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

the problem is the devs made it so SotD armies are inmune to all types of damage except that of mounts and ..... was it firearms? and by firearms i mean bows since we know guns are shit now, so depending of the map dificulty you might not be able to do it, to highlight the fact that i dont have empiric experiece with that since it was introduced after i quit, but  have read comments saying that.

Yeah for the beginning I will just run from them. But from what you are saying I don’t want to bother with them till I can just bombard those guys relentlessly.

which I will make sure to do after this post. 

@Realist Im on PVE EU 🙂 i kept myself busy with Challenges like solo kraken 1.0 or kill the Dragon while riding a Horse with bow And arrows.