Sign in to follow this  
Cascco

PvP is the same/ why

Tha main problem before patch was easy offline raiding, you could have 200 NPC and 1 bear with flamethrower or Canon could easly break throw defence. Nothing changed....whats the point to play than if someone with 1 bear and flame will get throw your defence.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cascco said:

Nothing changed...

Because...

Gotta get those XBucks first...?!?!

Because...

PVP balancing is dead last on their official roadmap, like in half a year maybe...?!?!

And guess what, they halved the structure limit, because XBucks!... so you got even less to offline defend with...

Good question, since this is the point that made many small guilds and solo players run away. Solving this point would keep a maximum of players. I'm a little scared for inexperienced xbox players if it stays as currently

Edited by chukmaurice
  • Like 1

Yep, they'd have retained alot more players if they'd have started pve pretty much, then introduced forms of pvp as they could balance them. 

Like this

Phase 1, ship combat and world pvp

Phase 2, ship combat world pvp, and war flags

Phase 3, add combat timers

Phase 4, full time vaunerablility. 

Then they could always go back to whichever form the most players liked the best. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike L said:

Then they could always go back to whichever form the most players liked the best. 

I would like it when no one can raid me and I can raid them at any time. Can we have that, please? Asking for a friend...
The moment they put in PVE restrictions in PVP, PVP is dead... thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that you cannot do much in Freeport for long... or everyone would pack there always...

On 10/3/2019 at 3:26 AM, Sheepshooter said:

I would like it when no one can raid me and I can raid them at any time. Can we have that, please? Asking for a friend...
The moment they put in PVE restrictions in PVP, PVP is dead... thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that you cannot do much in Freeport for long... or everyone would pack there always...

Uhm? Is this a sarcasm post? Look like two levels of sarcasm.  You can already do both of those. Can store everything and even breed in the Freeport. 

Combat timers are already a pve restriction in a pvp world, and I honestly think they made the game better with them. Just need to take it one step further, and remove combat timer so its, pve unless war flag is dropped. 

HOWEVER there is an opposite rout you could go which may be more fun as well. Which would be, full time vaunerablity, and permanately double rates. Game becomes less grind, more playground. Like anarky settings. 

I vote try removing combat timer though!

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 2

Like I said, asking for a friend...😜

If you could live out of freeport there would be no space left in them, while everything else stays unclaimed...

First they have to balance pvp so that a base can be secured against everything but zerg, with high loses for the zerg - the one cannon bear offline wipe is killing the game and playerbase...

After that I would switch claims to protected capture the flag - as I said many times before. That would also help with structure numbersand lag...

I was playing pvp but after loosing 3 ships and assorted crew, to off line attacks I gave up. 

• Like 1

Last time i gave up when someone just took bear with flamethrowe and took out all my defence in an hour.

If you COULD live out of Freeport? What stops you? Tames last 8 days at Freeport, they can have any amount of items/resources on them. 

Ships over 200% resist only need to be repaired once or twice a day to stay in Freeport indefinitely. 

Living out of the Freeport isn't only possible it's easy. Most companies wont do it because ship maintenance isn't that easy though. 

That's the only main difference between freeport living and claim living. 

You can park as many ships as you want on a claim with no maintenance. 

The devs have acknowledged all of this and said they arent changing the freeports anytime soon. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, Sheepshooter said:

Like I said, asking for a friend...😜

If you could live out of freeport there would be no space left in them, while everything else stays unclaimed...

First they have to balance pvp so that a base can be secured against everything but zerg, with high loses for the zerg - the one cannon bear offline wipe is killing the game and playerbase...

After that I would switch claims to protected capture the flag - as I said many times before. That would also help with structure numbersand lag...

cannon bears should have a shorter shooting range than puckle and cannon on land and boat guns.

42 minutes ago, chukmaurice said:

cannon bears should have a shorter shooting range than puckle and cannon on land and boat guns.

Lol, why?!

1 hour ago, chukmaurice said:

cannon bears should not survive a cannonball... and not move while shooting an at least usually 3 men operated cannon with a setup time of minutes...
If you cannot take a cannon ball like a really bear cannot... If you have say 20 seconds setup time where the bear cannot move or the timer resets, to actually fire the bear cannon...
Than defense cannons and ballista have a chance to get the bear in flight-time... therefore making the defenses working...
Obviously you can still tank some cannon balls when you move a dedicated target bear after balls are incoming to drain the defenses still...
But just one bear will have a harder time and not just steam rolling any defenses, that is not high enough of the ground...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redrick said:

Lol, why?!

because they are on the ground and the fenders are usually a little high up. Physically, the range should therefore be smaller on a cart than at the top of a tower or turret.

12 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

cannon bears should not survive a cannonball... and not move while shooting an at least usually 3 men operated cannon with a setup time of minutes...
If you cannot take a cannon ball like a really bear cannot... If you have say 20 seconds setup time where the bear cannot move or the timer resets, to actually fire the bear cannon...
Than defense cannons and ballista have a chance to get the bear in flight-time... therefore making the defenses working...
Obviously you can still tank some cannon balls when you move a dedicated target bear after balls are incoming to drain the defenses still...
But just one bear will have a harder time and not just steam rolling any defenses, that is not high enough of the ground...

exact it would be closer to reality and more equitable