Sign in to follow this  
Excelex

Will we be able to preload the game?

Preloading isn't available for Xbox Game Preview titles (or if it is now... it won't be for us 😛)

5 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Well you predicted a lot of different times in various posts, so you were never going to be very far out with one of them.

True. Always said either midnight or 8 though. I was a little off on the November part. More wishful thinking than anything

6 hours ago, Blizz419 said:

Yay no preloading so I wont be playing it until the 9th sometime..... uggh

Yeah. Console guys are acrewed either way. Eu, na, pvp, pve. The pc guys already have it downloaded so yeah. This was a very bad design with the whole crossplay.

probably would have gotten more money going without crossplay to be honest 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah. Console guys are acrewed either way. Eu, na, pvp, pve. The pc guys already have it downloaded so yeah. This was a very bad design with the whole crossplay.

probably would have gotten more money going without crossplay to be honest 

Gives us PC players a short window of time to get the hell out of the freeports, don't want to be part of that lag fest again.

Edited by Jack Shandy
  • Like 1

Even if we can't preload it use some common sense and release it on game preview BUT don't let anyone login on console side until a set time. It's not rocket science . Or did the highly educated team not think of this idea.....

Even worse is this noon release lol, midnight atleast I could have woke up started download then hoped it was done when I got home from work lol

16 minutes ago, Blizz419 said:

Even worse is this noon release lol, midnight atleast I could have woke up started download then hoped it was done when I got home from work lol

You can always set your xbox up to interact with your phone to download the game. servers are not up until 4 PM anyway. 

I GUESS WE GOT A PRELOAD...

The game on an average of a 70 mb connection will take 2.6 hours @ a 80 GB file.

Edited by Excelex

5 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Gives us PC players a short window of time to get the hell out of the freeports, don't want to be part of that lag fest again.

Yeah and unfortunately I work today so I will not be able to be in the lagfest either. I know it sounds weird but I was partially looking forward to it lol. 

3 hours ago, Excelex said:

You can always set your xbox up to interact with your phone to download the game. servers are not up until 4 PM anyway. 

I GUESS WE GOT A PRELOAD...

The game on an average of a 70 mb connection will take 2.6 hours @ a 80 GB file.

I wish I had a average connection lol, and what do you mean "I Guess we got a preload" lol it's still not showing in store for me

Edited by Blizz419

17 minutes ago, Blizz419 said:

I wish I had a average connection lol, and what do you mean "I Guess we got a preload" lol it's still not showing in store for me

Oh, I have a terabit connection. I will be playing the game after 20 minutes once I am able to purchase it. The game drops at 12PM and you will not be able to access the servers till 4PM but you can play single player and private servers til then. 

Edited by Excelex

So in around 30 mins I should be able to download the game?

1 hour ago, Excelex said:

Oh, I have a terabit connection. I will be playing the game after 20 minutes once I am able to purchase it. The game drops at 12PM and you will not be able to access the servers till 4PM but you can play single player and private servers til then. 

12 minutes ago, Atlaneer said:

So in around 30 mins I should be able to download the game?

I seriously hope so. If not I am going to be pissed. I wouldn't mind learning a bit before I got straight to PVP.

EDIT: NOPE. 

In order for the game to list, there needs to be a change to some backend configuration settings that can only be done with Microsoft's help. As these changes are necessary for the launch of the game, 

Edited by Excelex

2 hours ago, Excelex said:

Yeah your New Zealand timezone plan didn’t go well and now your downloading before that delay didn’t go well either. Pc guys get the head start since they already downloaded it lol

• Haha 1

alright realist you have waited 10 months now its 4 hours away are you pumped?! now go join your PVE with the other carebears and leave the PVP to the real men hahahahah

Edited by lordkhan4444

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah your New Zealand timezone plan didn’t go well and now your downloading before that delay didn’t go well either. Pc guys get the head start since they already downloaded it lol

LOL you are the funniest guy in this forum arnt you? I bet you spend your life on this game because you can not make any friends in real life because your personality sucks. Let that sink in, you 30-year man living in your parent's basement.

7 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

alright realist you have waited 10 months now its 4 hours away are you pumped?! now go join your PVE with the other carebears and leave the PVP to the real men hahahahah

I have never associated playing games with being a real man 😂

anyways, yeah I am pretty pumped. Got some exploring to do. I want to see all of the islands, not just rush to one and build a base

9 minutes ago, Excelex said:

LOL you are the funniest guy in this forum arnt you? I bet you spend your life on this game because you can not make any friends in real life because your personality sucks. Let that sink in, you 30-year man living in your parent's basement.

I have Xbox so I haven’t spent any time in the game, well yet anyways. 

Unfortunately my parents died awhile back. I am in my 30’s however so you did get that right at least. I wish I had no life because then I would be able to play my games more often. Kind of pisses me off how busy I always am when all I want to do is kick back and game.

1 minute ago, Excelex said:

well, that backfired. sorry, anger problems.

Nah, it’s all good man. I can get under people’s skin at times. I don’t blame you for being frustrated. If I wasn’t stuck at work right now and at home I would probably be frustrated as well.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, it’s all good man. I can get under people’s skin at times. I don’t blame you for being frustrated. If I wasn’t stuck at work right now and at home I would probably be frustrated as well.

It just blows my fucking mind. How can you say we are releasing a game at 12 pm, turn into well after a series of problems we will be releasing at 4 pm. What is next as soon as the players get into the clusters, they start failing? What kind of company is this? I guess everything I read in this forum is true about grapeshot. 

Edited by Excelex

5 minutes ago, Excelex said:

It just blows my fucking mind. How can you say we are releasing a game at 12 pm, turn into well after a series of problems we will be releasing at 4 pm. What is next as soon as the players get into the clusters, they start failing? What kind of company is this? I guess everything I read in this forum is true about grapeshot. 

Well technically it’s wildcard but yeah. I am guessing you weren’t an ark player? Ark veterans have come to know about the delay train and just expect it by now. It takes awhile to get used to but you should just start expecting delays on updates as well.

the main reason for this is because now every update will have to go through Microsoft QA and what we have learned from ark MS QA always finds something wrong with the update and it is delayed by like a week or a few days.

steam has always let them just update freely. Microsoft will not be letting them do that, so I can all but guarantee there will always be a delay.

so if you haven’t played ark, hopefully you found this information helpful